Corelle Ware / Hazard your health!

Throw away all your Corelle Ware dishes they can become a hazard after they age. I just exeperinced an explosion of a casserole dish that caused multiple cuts and lacerations after a small tink from the lid when removing from a cupboard. Maybe suicide bombers should ware this stuff to inhance the effect.

Va

Comments

• Da
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I had a similar experience while I was washing dishes, a serving bowl broke into multiple shards when barely touched by a glass.

• Co
      11th of Mar, 2009

I have used this stuff for 35+ years and have never had a problem. I use it in the microwave and oven. Maybe just lucky, but I think Corelle Ware is the greatest stuff ever invented.

• Da
      13th of Mar, 2010

I thought Corelle was a great product, until recently when a few pieces broke into hundreds of fine shards on multiple occasions.
    I previously thought people who complain about Corelle breakages were careless or stupid, who can't clean after themselves. Now that it happened to me, I fully understand.

It is almost impossible to find all those hundreds of fine sharp shards. It has caused me
    external bleeding in the most un-expected of ways. ( no, it wasn't from the cleaning up).
    Medically, it is also very difficult to treat if ingested.

I decided to throw out all food in the kitchen, then I decided to throw out all
    the Corelle Ware

9th of May, 2011

I have a 16piece place set of Corelle Ware and the plates have rust stains around the edges of the plate how do I to remove the stain or will it come off??
    The pattern is white with rose patternwith solid burgundy line beneath the roses any help is appreciated.

• Nl
      7th of Aug, 2011

Corelleware/Pyrex was bought out about 25 years ago...the recipe for making these dishes was changed at that time and they used less lime in the process...thus a lot of exploding dishes. If you want some good corelleware or Pyrex, look for them at yardsales etc. and make sure they were bought over 25 years ago.

28th of Apr, 2014

I have owned Correlle for over 40 years. The other day my daughter-in-law put ice-cream and cake in a (cereal) bowl, added the spoon, and boom! The thing exploded in her hand!. It could have been an added on piece, but gee whiz. Plus, all the edges of the plates (service for twelve - do the math) have eroded away leaving raw ceramic exposed. Clearly this should not have happened. I will reluctantly be replacing the set, not with Corelle.

• Kw
      27th of Jul, 2014

I'm tired of hearing how Corelle is great and won't break, Bull on that!! For quite a few years now, all the Corelle I bought, because I have kids and am a foster parent, have slowly been getting broken one by one. But let me tell you, When you drop Corelle it's like no other broken dish experience you have ever had. These dishes just DO NOT break they leave jagged shards all over your floor. It's a wonder that no one has gotten seriously hurt, as I find pieces weeks later, even after an extensive cleaning up. I think Corelle should reinburse people who purchased a lot of their product because they thought it would be safe for their kids! I am hugely sorry for investing in so much of their product when it DOES NOT do what it says!( resist breakage) Truthfully it is more of a hazard than Anything, an I'm not afraid to warn people!!!

Kathy wood