Corbin Motorcycle Seats / disgusting company

United States Review updated:
Corbin Motorcycle Seats
I ordered a seat for my Suzuki DR-Z400S just after Christmas of ’08; I called a few days later to ask them to build it up to make it more flat, as I hate feeling like the seat is pushing me toward the fuel tank. They assured me it would be done, but it arrived with the standard contour- about a 12-13 degree forward slant. I e-mailed customer service 3 times in March and April, but got no response at all. Finally, I contacted the Better Business Bureau which let me know Corbin has had 38 complaints filed through the BBB, and has responded to only 20 of them. I have documentation for all of this, and would like to let anyone considering ordering from Corbin know that they might end up none too happy. I’m thoroughly disgusted with them. Contrary to their advertising, theirs is the sorriest customer service I’ve ever experienced, or even heard of.

A  29th of Aug, 2009 by
Just bought a corbin classic solo saddle for my 07 flstc. bad experience! where to start? well first off, very expensive. second, they charged me thirty dollars shipping, way more than it should cost to ship something this small and light. but more importantly, when it arrived, I discovered that corbin has changed the design of the seat — despite that their web site still shows the old style seat with a small velcro tab covering the backrest hole, they now come with a very ugly and unnecessary leather flap over the hole, a real eyesore. and on top of it, they now have their logo emblazoned on the side of the saddle, also unattractive, in my opinion. but worst of all, the seat just doesn't fit properly and was poorly crafted — I actually had to modify it to even get it on the bike, and there is still a large gap between the bottom of the back of the seat and the fender.in addition, the bottom of the back of the seat is crooked and uneven. looks terrible. and finally, the metal decorative studs were put on crooked! all this would have been bad enough even if I could have returned it, but corbin has a strict no returns policy — so you're screwed if yoiu don't like it. avoid these seats and this company! (all the above can be documented by pix.)
A  29th of Jun, 2013 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I ordered a custom seat for my kawasaki sportbike. it looked ok when I received it, but when I turned it over... there was a big flaw in the molding. it was a 1/4"deep mold cavity about 2" long around the rear brackets. fiberglass was loose and I was concerned since it was located by the brackets. also, I was not too happy with how the exposed metal "tongue" fit under the gas tank. it was literally a loose metal to (painted) metal contact. not good. finally, the seat would splay out the plastic molding on the sides. we all know how fragile that stuff is especially after a few years. they always seem to break at the mounting tabs. so, why stress those components at all?

I contacted customer service and was directed to the technical rep (jared smith). he responded that the molding defect makes no difference. I contacted him again about the other complaints and no response in over a week. I guess they just wrote me off as a typical bad customer. so, I have the seat on ebay and will probably take a $100 loss on it.

Don't buy corbin products!!!

A  18th of Aug, 2015 by
I ordered a Corbin Saddleman seat for my street glide about 3 weeks ago. The seat was $493 plus $42 shipping VIA UPS ground. Today I get a call from Michael out of their Florida office and he said my seat was ready for delivery but he needed an extra $20 because they had made a mistake on the shipping. When I told him to just cancel the order he said there would be a re-stocking fee. I then told him I would just turn it over to my credit card company, he then said he would try to cut the box down and find a cheaper shipper. I also learned that after our initial conversation he is suddenly not available to take any more phone calls. How does a company stay in business operating like this?
N  6th of Apr, 2016 by
I picked out a seat - Dual Tour for my bike and had them make / ship seat to me based on measurements on the website. Well, the rear of the seat was supposed to be 12.5" and it's 14", which is much wider than what it says on their website. They said they could only take it down to 13.5 without paying $300+ for a new cover. When I told them that I ordered the seat based on the photos/dimensions on the webpage, she said, well they try to get it close but can't guarantee it will be the same. So I'm out $750 and will probably just sell the seat locally. If they had good customers service, they would make it right for their mistake. They shouldn't try to sell me another $300 of service to correct something they did wrong. She basically told me that if I wasn't happy, I could just sell the old seat and have a custom seat made by riding in.
N  14th of Mar, 2018 by
Warning no return policy means you are stuck, sucker!!!
Seat for fat bob is uncomfortable as hell
Don't do it. looks good, sits like [censor]. hurts inside of your legs, and I am not a big person.
Until the day I die I will tell everybody I ever see on a bike you'll be sorry, if you buy corbin.
All the good reviews are made by employees. once you complain they wont answer your phone number ever again. wasted money.