CORA LLC / Atrocious Treatment of Disabled Employees

1 Wharton, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-688-2397

Atrocious-awful, dreadful, terrible, unspeakable, abominable, painful...
All of this and more is what I suffered at the hands of Cora's Ceo. I have been disabled for 10 years now and thought I would never be able to go back to work, all hope was gone for me due to severe spinal diseases that there is no cure for. And then there is more and more speculations of employment via the internet that allows you to work at home, woo-hoo, this is right down my alley, I can do this, so once again, there is hope. I got with my VR counselor and we set up a plan for me to return to the workforce, although a little unorthodox to some, just perfect for me. This would allow me to once again feel like I have a reason to get up in the mornings, feel worthy, resourceful, regain some self esteem and just plain feel like I have a purpose again. So for $3500.oo of the taxpayers money from the state of TN. Cora scooped me right up and put me into, what i thought was going to be my saving grace. Little did I know that I was stepping right into a small piece of hell on earth. Please, let me explain. Not only I, but many others joined this company with promises of great training, 90 day mentoring, job placement (internal and/or external). Little did we know that none of this would be true at the end of our "90" days, or shortly thereafter we were put on "furlough", yes that's right, "furlough". At that time we were told that because of some "trouble makers" within Cora, and the lies that were reported to some Voc. Rehab. Counselors, the money that Cora counted on to pay it's employees was not there, severly cutting into their monetary resourses. Well, you should have heard the things that Ilene Morris-Sambur, Ceo of Cora, was saying outright about some people within the company; although she was not calling people out by name, she was however, calling people that had spoken to their VR counselors, liars, trouble makers, deceitful, problems, etc. She would say that these people obviously had mental issues and hoped they would get help, that they just don't understand that not paying employees is a normal part of business, that these people are contemptuous and have no respect for their employer and I could go on and on, but I think you get the behavior that was being directed at some of us employees. And yes, I was one of the employees that had spoken to my counselor, I had discussed how I and others were being treated there. I was not, however, one of her "orginal troublemakers", but you can put me in that classification now. I am not going to set by and listen to anyone, much less an empoyer, put others down the way she did. I do have a voice and I will speak for others if they cannot. She has disgraced many of us, and yes, even though she never came out and said any names, I took it very personally because she did speak these words in open forum, wrote them on open communication boards and made many of us feel as though we were not worthy of being in "her" company much less have the right to speak the truth against it. If any question was raised about not getting paid, which happened on a regular basis, some were scolded to the point that they thought they were doing something wrong by just asking for what was rightfully theirs. I for one had to demand for my pay on several occasions. She was not going to make me feel ashamed for asking for it. I earned it and damn it I needed it. I did not connect with Cora to give the Queen a hand out. So I demaned for my pay right up to my termination on the 27th of August. Yes that's right, I was not going to let the Queen run me off and quit just so she could have the satisfaction to say that I was another one that could not handle this type of work and didn't have "what it takes to work for Cora". I stayed and demanded answers from her and demanded my pay until she had no other choice but to terminate me. She did however, after my posting in the Q&A, say that I obviously had a comprehension problem because I had taken some of the things said the wrong way. Well how in the hell do you take, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, YOU'LL GET YOUR DAMN MONEY!!! I think I took it just like it sounded and when I called her out on that and demanded an apology, not only to myself but to the entire company, she said that I had comprehension issues that needed to be addressed. Well address this Queen Ilene, those of us that have been scorned by you and yours, that have been made to feel worthless by you and your words and writings, that you thought you were controlling, that has gotten out of the grasps of your ruthless hands and demeaning stature and HAVE moved on and althought you have planted the feelings of loss again, have taken away the self esteem of some, have made some feel hopeless again, I am here to say YOU HAVE NOT WON!!! These disabled people including me, will find other endeavours, and will connect with other employers that will see us for what we are worth, for the good sense and skills that we possess and we will be treated with the respect that we deserve and we will know that we do not have to stand by and allow you or anyone else treat us with the disrespect and contempt that we found within Cora. We are disabled and no one then nor now are asking that anyone "coddle" us, as you put it, we just demand that we be treated with the dignity and the upmost sense of importance that we deserve.
I hope all of you that worked in Cora have the best of luck and become everything that you desire, YOU ARE WORTH IT, don't let anyone tell you or make you believe otherwise. I am not affraid to give my name, it is Melissa Sadler, and I am here hoping to have my voice heard and hopefully help others see that all the bad seeds that Ilene planted in the them will not grow unless we give them energy. Turn your hurting thoughts into positive thoughts and do what you have to do to clear your mind of Cora and at the same time follow your dream; there is still hope out there and many other opportunities. Let's put the "fire" to work that Ilene lit in all of us, and not let her win, we will prevail. My best to you all.

Comments

• Sl
      4th of Sep, 2009

Amen!

• Bo
      5th of Sep, 2009
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

AMEN to that too!!! I have never in my life worked for a company where the owner is so deceitful, and abusive towards the employees! abuse = To assail with contemptuous, coarse, or insulting words; revile; Improper use or handling; misuse: abuse of authority; Insulting or coarse language: verbal abuse. Funny how Queen Ilene speaks of us as if we are the ones with the mental challenges and telling us we need to go seek counseling and be put on meds when we rightfully ask for our paychecks – I took her “advice” and asked my counselor and even went to go see a psychiatrist about it – I told them what was happening and why I was having so much trouble with anxiety and suicidal thoughts and then read to them the writings posted by Queen Ilene on the Staff Communications… turns out BOTH mental health professionals were appalled by her behavior and abusive words and they urged me to quit for my own safety! Even my child who is seven years old knows the concept of the work ethic – you go to work and GET PAID!!! I have talked to so many who have children that have worked for Cora and their children have said the same thing!!!
    Sure, fine, Queen Ilene – go right ahead and label me a “troublemaker” too! But I wasn’t the one that broke so many laws – YOU DID!!! And you’re the one who needs to face the consequences!!! You misled so many into believing there were jobs available, even down to the smooth and slick words when recruiting new members “Cora can help you…” HELP??? What help? You just wanted help from the employees and you tricked us into believing you were there for us – when all you wanted was power, money, and control (otherwise known as GREED)!!! And you wanna know what happens when greed takes over? Totalitarian thinking and behavior = Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed. And then this leads to totalism within the organization = Any ideology -- that is, any set of emotionally-charged convictions about a person and their relationship to the natural or supernatural world -- may be carried by its adherents (definition of adherents; A supporter, as of a cause or individual in a totalistic direction) And where totalism exists (the principle of complete and unrestricted power in government), a religion, or a political movement, becomes little more than an exclusive cult.
    I would like to let people know that those who have been hurt by the words of Queen Ilene and felt guilt and shame thinking it was your fault, it really isn’t your fault! This is part of the Totalitarian/Totalism process, and the harmful words are used as emotional levers for the group's controlling and manipulative influences and this creates a difficulty in regaining a more balanced inner sensitivity to the complexities of human morality. For example some people have sacrificed themselves and not being able to eat causing them to lose more than thirty pounds, and yet they still wanted to try and prove themselves that they were good workers and tried to stick it out in hopes they get their paychecks! Some have been left with nothing but dog food in their house and they tried that too! I have seen this within this company where individuals no longer recognize their own human condition and choose to drone their sorrows and fears in medications, for they feel if they turn against the Company they face being accused of selfishness and they feel like they will be sued by Queen Ilene for slander as she has threatened again and again. Feeding into this persons fear creates difficulty in understanding that what they need to do for themselves is out of self preservation, and instead they choose to sacrifice their well being for the preservation of the company.
    I really wanted myself to believe that things would work out! I really enjoyed working again – yet when I saw just how much of a doctrine Queen Ilene believes she has over people in August by posting “Let me make it perfectly clear that no employer owes you a living.” And “ I have had to make a decision to protect CORA from employee verbal abuses, slanderous commentary and unreasonable expectations.” And “For others that actually "get it" and respect their employer and the opportunity to work from home, you have nothing to be concerned about other than learning how to be a productive employee that CORA will be proud to let work on client projects or be a direct hire”… I knew I had enough!!! I was tired of the manipulation and the mind games!!! I was tired of feeling as if every issue in my life, being reduced to a single set of principles that have an inner coherence to the point that one can claim the experience of truth and feel it. I was tired of watching and listening to people question the beliefs of the group or the leaders of the group, and being made to feel that there is something inherently wrong with them to even question -- it is always "turned around" on them and the questioner/criticizer is questioned rather than the questions answered directly. The underlying assumption is that doctrine/ideology is ultimately more valid, true and real than any aspect of actual human character or human experience and one must subject one's experience to that "truth". The experience of contradiction can be immediately associated with guilt. One is made to feel that doubts are reflections of one's own evil, that we must go see our counselors and be put on medications!
    I find it completely distasteful that someone walks around demanding respect from others just because they won a trophy. I have met so many celebrities in my lifetime and none of them have acted like Queen Ilene!!! I’ve sat a dinner table with an Apollo astronaut, I’ve been at a private gathering where there was a famous soap opera star present, I have friends that have won Academy and Emmy awards – and not a single one of them ever acted like they deserved respect just because of some trophy or award they have, or celebrity title, or trip a to the moon they have been on – all of them acted like good and decent human beings and never made one feel as if they were “above” anyone else!
    Shame on you Queen Ilene!!! The people you have hurt deserve an apology!!!
    For those of you who have been hurt by the Totalitarian Rule of Queen Ilene and wish to read and try to understand more about the process of how Totalism takes over in an organization – I have read the research work of Dr. Robert Lifton, and he established a list of eight criteria for thought reform, eight psychological themes against which any environment may be judged. In combination, they create an atmosphere which may temporarily energize or exhilarate, but which at the same time pose the gravest of human threats. This may be of some help to you, as it has to me, it has helped me to better understand what has happened to me and what I have witnessed happen to others, and why so much damage has been caused to people.

• He
      7th of Sep, 2009

I too have posted comments under a different name because I fear CORA, Ilene Morris-Sambur and/or many of her management team would cause more trouble for me.

However, I have almost received all the information I need to determine "when it is safe" for me to post under my real name. I worked "directly" with IMS and have seen and heard the planning process of how CORA dumps employees who are near their 90-days. Some were told there was no work for the rest of the week because their 90 days were up on a Friday. Guess what? They were told on the following Monday that they were furloughed.

During my regular duties at CORA, it made me sick, both mentally and physically, to see what the company was doing to disabled people. And, I was not given all the information because secret meetings occurred behind the scenes. I could not eat, sleep, and hurt for everyone. I also knew my time was coming too.

I will explain everything when I know it is safe. Trust me, it will be a very long post with documented proof of my statements.

As Melissa Sadler stated, all the disabled employees at CORA are great! I wish the government would call all the scam programs that get our hopes us for long-term and stable jobs to the table and make them serve jail time for all the harm they cause the disabled public.

What makes CORA and its CEO, President, etc., even worse than the others, is that they took the up-front fees right from state and federal agencies, such as: Voc. Rehab. and the V.A., just to name a couple. They use names of powerful companies, such as Microsoft and IBM who supposedly set up equipment and software for disabled persons who work for CORA. CORA promises education to employees via a tuition program too. I have never seen or heard of any employee receiving this assistance.

Also, CORA claims to have "over 400 employees" according to the CEO/Ilene Morris-Sambur. However, most of these people are furloughed, terminated, quit, or dead. How many people are working and receiving pay? How much money can one company take from tax-payers dollars under these circumstances? When will Social Security and the IRS take over this whole mess? Especially when employees receive a worthless paystub showing Social Security and Medicare taxes were paid, even though the employees have not received and money.

Some employees requested that federal taxes be withheld from their pay; this was not done for some employees making this request.

I don't know when I will be able to sleep at night. I'm still trying to get over the trauma CORA has caused me and am seeking the strength to get out there and fight for the rights of the disabled.

I can follow directions and understand what needs to be done. All CORA workers who were told how worthless you are, please...remember how these supposed directions and training were given. There were none. I do not need more meds, emotional treatment for a normal job, and am far from worthless. As soon as I can pull up my big girl panties and get on with the damage CORA has caused me, I will be there to fight. I may be in the background now, but I am still here doing more than you know.

I hope all the people hurt by CORA, its CEO, and management finds a way to heal. It is companies like this that make disabled persons appear to be lazy and not want to work. However, as a team, we will all pull together and fight these issues. The government will have to listen to us sooner or later. Just do the math..."over 400 employees" times $3, 500. That's a lot of tax dollars!

12th of Sep, 2009

I too was an employee of CORA. CORA made many promises of training, mentoring, and job placement that NEVER happened. CORA also advised they had 100's, sometimes 1, 000's of jobs for us and that NEVER happened. Training was a joke! You can't switch people from one job to the next on a daily basis and expect them to excel. I moved my way through the ranks; Assistant Team Leader, Team Leader, Project Manager, Administrative Assistant, ect. I was privy, first-hand to the disgusting, often abusive treatment that IMS and upper management would subject it's employees to on a daily basis. I became more and more disillusioned as the treatment and expectations grew worse. I expressed my concerns to management, team leaders, and in written form. Then May began and the delay of checks and if you were lucky enough to receive one several weeks later...it would bounce. No apologies have EVER been made to any employees. At first IMS would blame employees saying they filled time cards out incorrectly and that was the reason checks were delayed. Then she blamed it problems with the time card company. Then she stopped direct deposit and said checks would be mailed. I new this meant they could blame it on the mail system (which they did many times, "We cannot control the mail.") Then she blamed it on vendors saying THEY were the ones sending them "bad" checks. Then it was again the employees fault for complaining to their VR counselors about not getting paid and that the states were withholding payments.

IMS would threaten employees with termination if they went to VR counselors with concerns. HELLO! We followed chain-of-command...expressed concerns in written form on Employee Board, we expressed concerns with team leaders, managers, management...guess what? It is our right to go to our VR counselors at that point! IMS and CORA NEVER addressed our concerns sufficiently. After waiting for NSF reimbursement and several checks, talking with VR counselor, Senator, ect., I gave my notice and was advised that the situation would be investigated.

You know what is truly sad? I believed in CORA and what they promised. I trusted CORA and IMS to fulfill what she had promised to her employees and their VR counselors. I do know that you can't run a business by threatening, degrading, and humilating your employees. I do know that positive encouragement goes further than negative criticism on a consistent basis. I do know that you must keep new employees in a position longer than a day or week or even month if you expect them to do a good job. I do know that before you get a new client that you should make damn sure you have trained those employees appropriately before throwing them into a position that welcomes failure. You can't train a person in 20minutes to do a good job. Lastly, you must PAY your employees on time as promised! You cannot expect employees not to be upset working for free, while you verbally abuse them and talk badly about others. That's just BAD management. We are now in September and I know for a fact that furloughed employees are owed up to 5 or more weeks of pay and are still waiting. Why do I know this? Because we form bonds with each other and develop friendships outside of work and unlike CORA, we mentor and support each other in a crisis.

I hope that CORA gets their act together and takes this critism and if they are to survive in the business world assisting disabled individuals, please take some classes on the appropriate to manage and critic your employees without being verbally abusive.

15th of Sep, 2009

For those that don't know, my name is Candy M. and I am not ashamed to put my name here. I resigned my position with CORA for the following reasons taken directly off my resignation letter:

"I am writing this letter to inform you of my decision to resign my position with C.O.R.A.. and hence tendering my resignation.

After more than 6 months working with this company, things have not been up to my expectations and I feel it is time for me to look for other opportunities.

I believe that working in any organization involves a mutually beneficial relationship that requires the worker performing at his/her best and the company providing a happy and productive work environment for its employees. Unfortunately, that has not been the case with me. I have had issues with the inefficient, rushed, and disorganized training on a daily basis from the very beginning. I have noted my concerns in written form and through discussions with various members of management. Promises of degreed teachers and mentoring have not happened. Promises of 30-day, 60-day, 90-day reviews have never happened. Promises of permanent, part-time and full-time employment have not happened. Promises of 100's of jobs have not happened.

Employees were told not to contact their VR counselors with any company problems. My concern would be that if employees followed the rules and chain-of-command with their company concerns and nothing is satisfactorily resolved, they should have the option to speak to their VR counselors without any fear of reprimand or termination.

Payroll delays, payroll checks being returned for insufficient funds and management going back on their word in regards to reimbursing employees bank charges because of those delays are one of my many reasons for resigning.

I have performed my job exceptionally, given the chaotic and often little amount of training received. I have never been written up or in any way told I was not performing my job well. When I brought up the payroll issues and advised that I would be unable to work until I received all checks owed to me and that they have cleared the bank, suddenly my "work" quality came into play. If there were any concerns with my "work" quality, they should've been mentioned and addressed well before me bringing up the payroll issues.

I would like to stress that I did my best to familiarize myself with the work culture in the organization and make myself a good team player. In the end, I conclude that staying longer is not a win-win solution. Because of the issues mentioned above, I feel that I am in a hostile work environment and cannot continue to be a productive employee and am tendering my resignation effective June 23, 2009.

If some of the words here in any way have caused any inconvenience to you, I regret and apologize, but I tried to write with all honesty."

The complaints that have been posted here are valid and can be backed-up with documentation.

Stop playing the blame game IMS/CORA! Pay your employees and stop blaming them for CORA's problems. Accept responsibility and provide the training, mentoring, and job placement (whether directly or indirectly) you promised your employees and their VR/VA counselors.

I sincerely hope you turn this around and "listen" to the suggestions you've been given. CORA had a real opportunity to make a difference in our lives and we have been let down. Honesty and kindness would've gone a long way in this situation. May God bless all the past/current furloughed employees of CORA.

• Co
      15th of Sep, 2009

It is great to see people are coming forward and being brave and stepping up and fighting for their rights!!!

However, finding the right attorney to “sue the pants off of Cora” is not that easy, and it is a process too that can be very frustrating… but here are some quotes from a letter from one attorney just to show that survivors indeed are in the process of looking for help….

… We think you have a great potential case and have been trying to see if we could find a sufficient basis to bring suit in California or where we might have local counsel who would help us litigate out of state. Unfortunately, we have not been able to do so and are thus unable to take your case.

From our decision, you should not conclude that you do not have a cause of action. We urge you to bring your case to other attorneys to see if you can find someone more local to represent you.

We encourage you to immediately consult with as many other lawyers as you wish without delay. CORA, LLC is based in New Jersey. Here is a link to the New Jersey Bar Lawyer Referral Services: http://www.njsba.com/lawyer_referral/. You can ask them for a New Jersey attorney who handles employment class actions. Here is a phone number to one of the NJ Bar referral services: (908) 353-4715…

----------------------------------------------------------

Now for some interesting information that was just sent to me very recently…

Apparently even though employees are located outside of New Jersey in other states we can still file separate wage claims with the New Jersey Department of Labor!!!

Since this employer, Cora, has the corporate headquarters at a New Jersey location the NJ Dept of Labor does have jurisdiction over this matter. So if Ilene Morris Sambur refuses to cooperate the Division or the NJ Dept of Labor can take further action.

Now, you can go the New Jersey Department of Labor’s website and view the facts and forms listed and more about the laws that protect employees, and about how to file a complaint. The link you want to go to obtain the complaint forms is at –

You should be able to copy and paste this link right into your URL tool bar and it should take you right there!

The following form is the one that needs to be filled out if you want to file a complaint –
    Wage Claim (MW-31A) - Use this form if you are an employee working in New Jersey or you are working for a New Jersey based company.

All this information can be submitted electronically and emailed to the following email at Wage.Hour@dol.state.nj.us so there would be no postage costs! Which is fantastic since many of us are on such limited funds! Just don’t forget to in the end to do your signature electronically… it’s a little tricky and confusing… but take your time if it is your first time… it was for me and I was scared I was going to goof it up but I did it!

According to the NJ Dept of Labor website it states that ….

…Most complaints are resolved within four to six weeks however some investigations are resolved more quickly and others take several weeks. There is no way to determine in advance how long it will take to complete the investigation into your complaint…

However I had received some interesting news about this also!

Apparently, allegedly, whatever you want to call it…. Things will be taking place in New Jersey based upon the numbers of complaints the Dept. Of Labor there have received regarding Cora and the people will hopefully get their paychecks they have been waiting so for so long. I really hope the information I have received was not “hot air”, and that this agency will be helping and investigating this company and therefore protecting innocent citizens of this country from further harm!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

People are really begginning to wonder about Ilene Morris-Sambur and why she complains of “threats” to her and Cora... people really can’t understand why she has gone on for months and weeks and not reported these events to the proper authorities like the police department... instead there is all this reporting, blogging, and whining about it inside the Cora World!

A threat is described as follows… An expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment; An indication of impending danger or harm. One that is regarded as a possible danger; a menace.

… Ilene Morris-Sambur has repeatedly made statements about people making “threats” and here is a comment written by her recently…. "Certain employees have choosen to threaten me personally, threaten CORA and do whatever it takes for "vengence”.

Now… I know that if someone chooses to threaten ME I would IMMEDIATELY report it to the police department, and I wouldn’t waste any time dwelling on the matter! If the threat comes in email form they can take care of this, you just have to remember keep it saved… and all it would take for them is a little time investigating the incidents and tracing the address of where the email came from! It’s that simple! I’ve seen it done! Law enforcement agencies have an incredible amount of access to incredible technologies that will be able to trace where the threat came from! And this includes telephone calls! I had a friend that this happened to her where they threatened physical harm to her and her son… with in a week the police department had the information to who made the phone call, and charges were pressed!

I just really can not understand how Ilene Morris-Sambur chooses to be plagued by “threats” for so long… when she could have done something about this a long time ago! I know I’m not the only one that this doesn’t make sense too… but here are a couple of thoughts…

1) There are no real “threats” of physical violence… what Ilene Morris-Sambur might count as a threat may be in the form of “I want my paycheck, ” “I will report you if I don’t get my money, ” “I know about the Federal Lawsuit against Cora”, and so on and so forth. While IMS takes this as a threat to her, there are no real physical threats to her and Cora… but we all know that IMS has a habit of making things sound more aggressive than what they really are without being specific about it.

2) Maybe someone is threatening physical violence to her and Cora, but, as everyone knows Ilene Morris Sambur is also doing some illegal and corrupt things herself and if she did call the police she may just draw some unwanted attention to herself and maybe this is why she hasn’t turned anyone in yet. Maybe she doesn’t want anyone to find out about the “Uzzi” she has in her office! Time and time again I have seen her use the comment about wanting to take an “Uzzi” to all the people that were making bad things happen to Cora. Now if that’s not a violent type of “threat” then what is it?

Of course all of this is just speculation, but it leads me and many other survivors to wonder … why is Ilene Morris-Sambur if she has such a strong back round in being a “senior turnaround consultant” and being a CEO and owner of a company – is she not being responsible about her actions and being accountable for the things that have gone wrong? People are mad, tired, fustrated, they want their money, and it's wrong to make someone beg for their check when they have earned it!

I have to speak up and compliment everyone here that have written a complaint on this board – all of you do not appear to be incompetent, and it’s sickening to see Ilene Morris-Sambur has taken to degrading people in such a fashion… all of you have excellent writing skills and all of you have communicated your experiences about your dissatisfaction with this company very clearly… and people out there really are paying attention!!!

SO LETS KEEP TALKING AND WRITING!!!

• Lo
      15th of Sep, 2009

Any person can look into the specs for Contract Law. In a nut shell, it is my understanding that CORA can use NJ law for its business. However, if employees sign their individual agreements/contracts in other states, such as WI, OH, etc.; the state where the agreements/contracts were signed are also brought into the matter.

Therefore, the normal procedure to introduce the "long arm of the law" statute into play means the dollar value would have to be $75, 000.01 or higher for the case to be heard outside the NJ jurisdiction.

I wonder if the VA, VR, and employess file class-action suits in each state if these cases can and would be brought into different district courts, rather than using the NJ courts only for the smaller dollar amounts.

I for one could never be paid for the emotional damage CORA caused me, which has turned my physical condition upside down.

I am no lawyer; however, I am a very good researcher and will continue my quest to help others. Good luck all...god bless.

• Co

Want to learn more about the President of CORA? Go to:

Just copy and paste in the location bar

15th of Sep, 2009

I have actually researched Mr. Romano and while his credentials are impressive, it's obvious he has no idea how bad CORA has spiralled out of control. I challenge Mr. Romano to look closely at the "books", listen to the webinars and GoTo meetings, pull up quickbase chat rooms and see what kind of treatment employees were subjected to on a daily basis. Look closely at financial statements and see where the money was going and why there's 400 + people without the promised training, mentoring, and solid employment (be it direct hire or indirect hire). One would hope it is not in name only and that he will take over CORA and turn it into an organization that can truly help disabled people and not degrade disabled people. An organization that doesn't ridicule it's employees because they are upset at not being paid for months.

You cannot "throw" a business plan together in one day and expect it to save the company. You cannot expect people to come back to "help" the company pay back-wages first and then hope to get commission pay eventually. You can't ask for donations for a company that isn't being managed correctly. You can't sell "service vouchers" to companies without having your employees pre-trained for those positions. You are only setting your employees up for more disappointments. Disabled people have enough disappointments in their lives without having to be subjected to another one.

17th of Sep, 2009

CURRENT/FURLOUGHED/TERMINATED/RESIGNED EMPLOYEES OF CORA!
    We have started a support site for CORA Survivors and you are welcome!
    We look forward to seeing you there.

1st of Nov, 2009

Just wanted to let CORA survivors; past, current, and future know that we have a new website community set-up that will allow you to vent, communicate, share, laugh and cry with others that share common-grounds. Share your stories, share your life, share your future...all are welcome!

• Mi
      11th of Feb, 2010
    CORA LLC - Refuse to pay owed employee
    CORA LLC, aka CORA works

I worked for CORA since Feb. '09. They furloughed me in Nov. '09. To date they still owe me $158.72. The entire company is a scam. They take money from states to train people then seem to be keeping the money.

I don't see any pymts. in the future.

Michael S. Morris
    Arizona

• Il
      16th of Apr, 2010

This young lady was one of the first to start trouble for CORA. She was paid in full also. At least she posted her real name.

And Carrie... if I"m The Queen, that must make you the Court Jester? It's perfectly fine that you are abusive to me in this posting isn't it Carrie? Please stop slandering and let's post the facts. YOu can find our blog at: http://coraworks.wordpress.com It will take a few days for me to pull your communications, but they will clearly identify the real issues here, and it's not Queen Ilene Carrie.
    ==================================================================================

AMEN to that too!!! I have never in my life worked for a company where the owner is so deceitful, and abusive towards the employees! > abuse = To assail with contemptuous, coarse, or insulting words; revile; Improper use or handling; misuse: abuse of authority; Insulting or coarse language: verbal abuse.

Funny how Queen Ilene speaks of us as if we are the ones with the mental challenges and telling us we need to go seek counseling and be put on meds when we rightfully ask for our paychecks – I took her “advice” and asked my counselor and even went to go see a psychiatrist about it – I told them what was happening and why I was having so much trouble with anxiety and suicidal thoughts and then read to them the writings posted by Queen Ilene on the Staff Communications… turns out BOTH mental health professionals were appalled by her behavior and abusive words and they urged me to quit for my own safety! <
    Even my child who is seven years old knows the concept of the work ethic – you go to work and GET PAID!!! I have talked to so many who have children that have worked for Cora and their children have said the same thing!!! >

It is sickening to think that if almost 400 people have walked through the doors of Cora, and Queen Ilene charged the voc. rehabs across the country $3500 for these individuals to be “hired” that amounts to $1, 400, 000!!! Where on earth did all that money disappear too?????? Is it somewhere out in California???? I found out that my VR sent the check to some post office box clear out in California owned by some “bank”!!! Why so far away??? <>

I really wanted myself to believe that things would work out! I really enjoyed working again – yet when I saw just how much of a doctrine Queen Ilene believes she has over people in August by posting “Let me make it perfectly clear that no employer owes you a living.” >

Shame on you Queen Ilene!!! The people you have hurt deserve an apology!!!

I HOPE YOU CAN FIND SOME PEACE FOR YOURSELF CARRIE AND IT IS YOU THAT OWES THE FORMER MANAGEMENT AND MYSELF AN APOLOGY

Ilene Morris-Sambur, CORA CEO and Founder
    A/K/A The Queen

• Am
      18th of Apr, 2010

Ilene stop blaming others for a situation that you yourself created way before Carrie was an employee, way before many of these people were employees. The simple fact is you tried to steal money from Veterans as they were recovering from there wounds they received after fighting to protect your rights and one brave soul fought back and won!in December of 2008 you had to pay that Vet a very hefty settlement in the amount excess of $300, 000. That is when you started the influx of disabled VR Consumers in a attempt to make up the money. But we all know the the end result to that. CORA was never a real company it was only a smoke screen that you made up to take money from the States because you no longer could take it from Walter Reed and the Veterans. How many more facts would you like me to post here for you Ilene?? I can back up all of this information with solid evidence, which I have for the Government and their investigation against you. I have much more, do you wana play?????????

• Us
      25th of Aug, 2011

Ms. Hunt:
    It's Damien Collins... I was quite possibly the last person paid by CORA. I was fired the moment I asked questions about how my job was supposed to be effective. The big problem was, IMS invested the monies that were promised to us in Second Life. It was a gigantic gamble, that I and the rest of the IT Staff tried to inform her would not work. I started to notice that things were going south when they moved me from doing software installations to calling everyone in the Company to ensure they had a program that would barely operate on the budget PC's that they bought for you guys. The moment I voiced my concerns (through the proper chain of command), I was told I would meet with the proper people at 8:00 am the following morning. I proceeded to wait for 12 hours in a chat room until I was finally told that I was being fired, not for misconduct, or insubordination, but for taking time off after having 24 teeth removed from my head. What saddens me the most is that she played all of us, and walked away without a scratch, and the GOVERNMENT DID NOTHING ABOUT IT!

• Am
      25th of Aug, 2011

Dear Daniel,
    I was a manager at CORA, although IMS did invest alot of money in Second Life the majority of the money went to pay off Mr Fauzy a injured vet that she duped out of alot of money. December of 2008 she was ordered to pay Mr Fauzy $400, 000 in restitution, this is when the influx of DVR Consumers began, she needed the money to settle this dept. It is also suspected she had transfered alot of the monies to a off shore account in the Philipiens through a bank in California. Her son Chris has a wife in the Philipians. And yes you are right our government that is suppose to protect us did absoultely nothing but help her succeed in this mass scam.

Amy Miller