Copeland Marketing / Fraud

1468 W International Speedway BlvdDaytona Beach, FL, United States
Phone: 386-258-2117
In June of 2006, I made some online inquiries as to the possibility of selling a timeshare property that I own with my wife. I received a few calls in return over the next few weeks. One of these calls was from James Ohlin of Copeland Marketing. He gave the normal sales pitch, and informed me that the fee for the sale would be a deposit of $899.00. I explained that I had just been released from my job of ten plus years and had filed for SSI Disability. He said he understood and would keep in touch. He called me every couple of weeks hoping my situation had improved. I kept declining and he kept calling. He stopped calling in early August. Then on September 4th, he called again. This time he said he had a buyer “Chomping at the Bit” to buy my property. I explained that I still could not afford the fee. I suggested that if he had a buyer they shouldn’t need the deposit, as it primarily used for advertising and listing fees. He said they couldn’t do that. He suggested putting the deposit on a charge card because the sale should be completed before I get the charge bill. I relented and put the $899.00 on my Visa.
A week later, I tried to call Mr. Ohlin. I spoke with a woman named Miranda who told me that Mr. Ohlin was out of the office for a few days. She said she would get a message to Mr.Ohlin, and he would return my call. She knew nothing about my potential sale. Another week passed and I called again. This time I left a voicemail for Miranda and Mr.Ohlin. This cycle continued until mid November when I wrote a letter to Copeland Management.
I received a phone call from a Ms. Amy Hannagan and she asked a few more questions, and informed me that Mr. Ohlin and his aids had been fired because of this type of transactions. I received an email from Ms. Hannagan in which she stated again that Mr. Ohlin had been released and that the V.P. agreed that I should get a full refund. I received an official notice verifying the approval of the refund dated 11/28/06 from a Ms. Andrea Lunt, V.P. of Copeland Marketing Corporation. Attached are these documents along with the original agreement. Nowhere in the original agreement does it say it would take over six months to receive a refund. Meanwhile, I am paying outrageous interest on this money.
I have called numerous times and talked to Ms. Hannagan and others and received nothing but a run around. They tell me the Finance Department takes care of refunds. I have tried and failed to talk to this department. Meanwhile, I am paying outrageous interest on this money.