Copeland Marketing / Timeshare sale is a rip-off!

After numerous unsolicited phone calls from Valarie at Copeland Marketing I finally agreed to let them list my timeshare. I was assured that the timeshare would sell that weekend for at least$22000.00. After foolishly giving them my money, I never heard anything back from them. They never returned a phone call or called me with an offer. I have contacted Valerie, as well as others with the company, several times and always get the run-around. My first instinct was that this was a rip-off, that's why I turned them down so many times before I agreed to anything. I should have stuck to my original decision, but in my defense, I will say that they were very convincing with their sales tactics.

More Copeland Marketing Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Je
      1st of Feb, 2007

I have listed my timeshare with them over a year ago. Never have I received a call back from them nor have there been any offers on the timeshare. When I did call to speak to Rick Bridges, all I received was why?

I told them that I wanted to list another timeshare and still have not received any call from them.

• Ai
      12th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Did not live up to contract

Copeland Marketing told me they would rent my time share. I gave them $349.00 in March of 2004 and have not heard 1 word from them since.

• Ji
      15th of Jun, 2007

Christina Gates hounded me like a bill collector until I agreed to pay $500 to list my timeshare with Copeland. I still have the e-mail thread of our conversation from December 2005. After I paid my dues she promised that it would sell or I would get 2 free round trip airline tickets to anywhere in the US. After waiting for months for a response I kept getting the run around rom the staff at Copeland. Needless to say I will be buying my own airline tickets to fly down to my timeshare that I still own.

18th of Jun, 2007

Contact the FL Attorney General. If this happened in the time frame you say it did then it is in violation of the AVC agreement with the state. That may in fact nullify it! Which could result in you being able to get your money back even though the agreement expired.

• Es
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Copeland Marketing - Paid to get timeshare rented, service not provided
    Copeland Marketing
    International Speedway Hwy ?
    Daytona Beach
    Florida
    Phone: ?

In the summer of 2006 I paid $400-500 to cover 'marketing expenses' to have my time share weeks rented out. I never received one offer though I was willing to accept any reasonable offer. I contacted the company on several occasions and was always told about the next BIG promotion. At some point their phones were disconnected. I am writing this on 18 March 2009 and have recently seen evidence that they're back in business.

If the others who have posted complaints here want to organize a class action suit, I'd be happy to get involved.
    Others did sue successfully.