CooperVision / cooper vision rebate sucks

I had a eye exam at my eye doctor. I bought contacts from him. I sent all the things they wanted for the rebate.

They said that I did not send the sales receipt not true that’s the first thing you must send. They told me to resend my receipt which I did it’s been 3 month I tried to contact them they said that they have no info on my rebate. It is sad that they did not send my $45. 00 rebate that’s why I bought the contacts because that was a good rebate.

Cooper vision send my rebate let”s not play games why do you give rebates when you don’t follow thru with them. Still waiting for my rebate.

Ge

Comments

• Co
      27th of Nov, 2012

Thank you...  We've located your information and resolved the issue.  We apologize for any inconvenience. -CooperVision Team

27th of Nov, 2012

29th of Dec, 2012

Rebates are nothing more than another marketing scam dreamed up by corporations to sucker the public into buying an already overpriced product with the promise of a fat rebate check or debit card. The trick is that they make the consumer jump through so many hoops that he or she will give up, not find the time in an already busy schedule, or not strictly comply with the rebate's many hoops through which to jump.

COOPERVISION IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THIS CON. I sent in all my required paperwork and even checked my status online at their site which states my rebate was approved. Will I get my $35 debit card? I doubt it. But I sent them an email stating that if I don't receive it within 2 weeks I will file a lawsuit against COOPERVISION for $5000 in small claims court for breach of contract, FRAUD, and wasting my time over $35. Unfortunately, lawsuits are the only things that seem to get corporations' attentions nowadays. And sometimes the corporate officers are too stupid to realize they should settle before it gets that far. Then the corporation usually gets spanked for more from a judge or a jury who is disgusted by the unreasonable way in which the corporation handled the matter.

2nd of Jan, 2013

Hi Annoyed Attorney. Please contact us at CC@CVLens.com so that we can address your issue immediately.

• Ne
      25th of May, 2014

SCAM SCAM SCAM! This company hopes that you will forget about your rebate or tire of the hassle of trying to get it! I submitted my rebate and my son's rebate months ago. Checked online and saw that they were both listed as valid and would be mailed within 30 days. When 45 days passed, I called and emailed and got the run around. They have TERRIBLE customer service. Each person says they don't have the power to do anything because it's handle by a different dept. They just keep passing you along. I tried the email route and received an email stating a specific date I would receive the email by. That date has long passed as well. I called again yesterday and was promised a 3rd date. I told them that was unacceptable and why would I trust that they would follow through this time? They just kept saying there was nothing they could do. They were not at all apologetic or caring. I have a feeling not many of these rebates are ever given. I have reported them to the BBB and will keep at it until I get the rebates. I will also NEVER EVER EVER buy from this company again. Save yourself the headache. It's not at all worth it!

• Da
      14th of Nov, 2014

I sent in all the requested information on Thursday, Nov. 6. The letter had to be postmarked by the 10th. Today, the 14th I got an e-mail saying my request could not be honored due to invalid postmark date. This is absolutely ridiculous! They are trying to say that I had not mailed it by Monday the 10th. Tuesday was a holiday and the post office was not open. I received the e-mail at 11:32 am on Friday. If I had not mailed it by the 10th, the letter would not have even had time to get from Illinois to Texas let alone be processed already. Now I have to wait until Monday to call about this issue, but I doubt anything will be done. I am done with coopervision.

• Js
      16th of Jul, 2015

I'm in the same boat here. I uploaded all the required items a day after the eye exam. Then got an email 10 days later from coopervision stating:
    Unfortunately we could not honor your request due to the following reason(s):

Missing Eye Exam Date
    Purchase date not within the allowed date range after the eye exam
    Eye exam receipt was not received

To resubmit for your rebate, please mail all missing material to:
    P O Box 540048 EL PASO, TX 88554-48
    ----------------
    This is a SCAM. Don't know if there will be enough complaints to warrant a class action lawsuit, but small claims might be the way to go for this one.

• Pi
      23rd of Jul, 2015

It's a scam sent in info certified mail received two emails said they receive my info called today to see where was my visa card Rep said they didn't receive paperwork and to callback in a few days.never again will iI waste my money with them. So piss off.

• Ki
      21st of Sep, 2015

CooperVision's Rebate Offer is a Huge Scam! I also ordered a year's supply of contacts. I very carefully submitted all of the requested information via scanner and received verification of valid entry within 2 weeks. As of July 26th, 2015, they said 4-6 weeks. It has now been 9 weeks and I have not received my rebate of $50.00. I have chatted online 4 times with a representative. I have spoken with a supervisor. One person said they escalated my claim to a special service department and that they also validated and would I please wait another 4-6 weeks...for a total of 15 weeks. I have a family of 5 and all of us wear contacts. Guess what, we will NEVER buy from Cooper Vision ever again. Bad company, Bad business, I will notify my eye doctor of this as well. I will never get my rebate, but they will never get another dime from me.

• Ca
      30th of Oct, 2015

This has happened to me as well. I mailed in the information and have faxed the information twice. I have spoken with three different representativestyles that all same the same with three different names. I have all my names. Faxes with the confirmation forms. I have spoken to my cousin who is an attorney. He said it was a scam, but if I wanted to pursue the issue here would help me out. I only tried the product because it offered a rebate. Otherwise I would have continued to support B&L.

Sincerely,

Carolyn C Smith

• Re
      2nd of Nov, 2015

I have been filing my claim for weeks now. They seem not to understand how to read the information I have mailed and faxed them and scanned them. I should have my $65 dollar rebate coming in the next two weeks. They informed me it was valid on the 20th and it takes 30 days to complete. They told me if I downloaded the app I could get another $10. Guess what! I did that and when I submitted the rebate. They told me I was a duplicate name and that the $10 wasn't valid. This is such a pain. I wish I could switch contact brands but lucky me. I have hard to fit eyes and its the only that work for me. I guess I could go back to glasses only!

• Ge
      10th of Dec, 2015

I have never received a rebate from this company without contacting them at least 2 or 3 times. I did eventually get all of my rebates, however it took a lot of time on my part and diligence. The excuses for denial were many including: the receipt was too small and it did not scan properly, can't read the date on the receipt, the form was for the wrong time frame, we sent it out (in this case they did revoke the one they supposedly sent out, and then sent another) then my favorite "I can see that you did everything right, I just don't know why it has not gone through". Yes, I do believe they are hoping you will forget about it. I think we will try another company for contacts. The first couple of rebate denials made me think I just couldn't get it right. But it is just not that hard to do it right. I have not had this issue with other rebates, so it must be them and not me.

• Ca
      15th of Dec, 2015

Well, it has been several months now. I have mailed, and faxed my information three times. It really isn't about the rebate any longer. It's more about the character and scuples this company doesn't have. I guess this is the only way, that Coopervision would get any business. I have contacted BBB and an attorney. I told him how everyone had been through this as well. He said that Coopervision would probably be sued by a class action lawsuit claim. I just want them to get what they deserve. People time is valuable, they wasted a lot of mine.

2nd of Apr, 2016

I sent all my info in correctly and rebate was mailed on a 50 Visa card but the card is not working and I call in but it does not recognize the numbers on the card or the tracking number. It's Saturday and they are supposed to be open a few hours but noone will answer.

17th of Nov, 2017

@Sam 7777 For anyone this happens to, call 1-866-285-8058. They will give you some excuse about this being a temporary problem, but don't believe it. Flip the [censor] out and demand to speak to a supervisor, and the problem will suddenly go away. Don't let them feed you excuses- if you keep on it, you can get your rebate.

• Ke
      25th of Apr, 2016

I'm going through the same thing. Tried to upload all required pics and paperwork 90 days ago. Their site was not working and would not take the uploads. Called and got a customer service rep. I faxed him all info and he told me he would push it through and gave me 2 tracking numbers. Now, they are saying they never received anything from me. I emailed them and it bounced back as undelivered. Now today, I spent 30 minutes on chat. Total waste of time. I do not think I will ever buy Cooper products again for me and my family. A rebate should not be this difficult. I'm convinced they make it difficult on purpose, hoping customers will forget they filed and they don't pay.

Kevin Alvarado

27th of Apr, 2016

I received my $50 rebate card and doesn't work as well. I've done everything to try and activate and the site and number to call doesn't recognize the numbers from my card. :( What kind of rebate is that????

17th of Nov, 2017

@jamied2322 Amazing. The same thing happened to me, and the customer service rep told me that this activation problem is only happening today (11/17/17). When I said there are tons of reviews of people having the same problem going back years, he started lecturing me about how I shouldn't believe everything I read online.

• He
      27th of Apr, 2016

I sent everything in only for them to state that I didn't send end pieces from the boxes of contacts! Keep going in circles..very frustrating 😧 Chose these contacts for the rebate & seemed to be a perfect fit for my sons first pair of contacts.. Acuvue or B&L would of been a better choice its what I wear. . Not good business tactics😤

28th of Apr, 2016

I had the same thing last year. It was for 50-bucks. I didn't even bother wasting to follow-up. I think that's what they are hoping will happen. So this year... I just submitted mine through the CooperVision App. I was very careful to follow every step. The documents uploaded correctly on my end. Now I've received notice they didn't get them. I emailed asking if they ever honor online submission. So now, they want me to mail them everything. I believe it is a scam, but I'm going to try to follow every step and see where this takes me. The contacts are fine, but if there is a comparable alternate brand...I think next year I will opt for those even if I have to pay more. This is a bad way for a company to treat customers.

• Li
      7th of May, 2016

Recently I got a rebate from purchasing 2 boxes of Biofinty contact lens. It came as a prepaid Visa card of $60. I tried to activate the card with the phone number on the phone but was told they don't have such record and told me to try again. I did without success. I wanted to talk to customer service but there was no such option or phone number provided. How can this be called a rebate! What a con!

17th of Nov, 2017

@Lingyen The same thing happened to me, and the customer service rep told me that this activation problem is only happening today (11/17/17). It's a scam.

• V4
      10th of May, 2016

I got my rebate card and it won't work. When you call there is no option for an agent. You have to push #3 for lost or stolen card to speak with someone. SCAM!!!