CoolSavings.com / Hidden charges!

Please check your cell and home phone bills. I have been charged $12.00 each month since April 2007 for voice mail by CoolSavings through my local phone company. I did not authorize this to happen, yet it did! Several internet pop up solicitation have embedded links that capture your name, email address and any other information you us if you start to respond to those online teasers. So even if you do not complete the questionnaires which proceed offers and you think you aborted or backed out of the screens, your information has already been captured. I was had by CoolSavings. I had to file a complaint with my local phone service to cancel their unauthorized miscellaneous monthly charge.

Comments

• Pw
      12th of Feb, 2007
    CoolSavings.com - Junk emails

I have unsubscribed from CoolSavings.com several times, but they continue to flood my e-mail with "junk". Stay away from this website.

• Kr
      13th of Aug, 2007
    CoolSavings.com - Watch out!

I signed up on CoolSavings.com and received 3 large charges on my next telephone bill. They were all from companies in promotion with Cool Savings. Each one of them insisted that I signed up for their services, and one out of the three will not give me a refund. Watch out!!!

• Ki
      12th of Jul, 2008

they did the same to me ###

• Ag
      25th of Sep, 2008

Yep, coolsavings.com is total spam. I never "consented to receive email" from them.

• Pu
      8th of Jan, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me, only they billed me 14.99/month for internet voicemail and another $14.99/month for an internet email address, and I didn't authorize it at all! I noticed it in December on my bill. I didn't see it the 3 months it was being billed because my phone bill gets taken directly out of my checking account, so I didn't pay attention. I had to call the "e-bill" company who was on the bill and get the numbers for each of the charges. Then I had to call both companies (internet and voice) and get pretty loud on the phone. They said that I agreed to be billed, and I said I didn't know anything about it. Then they said I filled out a form on line, and I told them to produce it to me and they couldn't. After a heated argument, I got them to agree to quit billing me and refund my money. We'll see how that goes. I also called the phone company and they said they have no control over who sends a bill in. They don't know if it's ligit or not, they just pay it. I don't think that's right that you can get billed through your phone service provider, and I think there should be a law against it. People are getting scammed and your local phone company is right there helping them along. I don't know why they have any business paying any of my bills for me and then charging me.

• Ta
      15th of May, 2009

It's a shame that "scam" seems to have become the word of choice for so much offered online. It's really happening to people, so you need to be very careful were you offer any personal information. Although the site mentioned in the article is obviously an issue, there are still some honest people and sites out there also. I use and have never had a problem with http://www.restaurant.com and http://www.couponandcodes.com. Restaurant.com has wonderful deals and couponandcodes.com seems to find anything I search for. Anyhow, it's truly a shame what you sharred is all too real. - Tom http://www.acleaningbid.com

• Ta
      16th of Jul, 2009

I have another site I consider reputable. It's about vitamins and herbal stuff. The Vitamin Shopper: http://www.vitaminshopperandherbalworldmedicines.com .

19th of Jan, 2010

Hello this comment is for CoolSavings.com customer service

Hello, '

For some reason, I keep getting an error message from you saying my email address is incorrect. Well, I beg to differ. I am perfectly aware of what my email address is. I have used this same email address for 7-8 years. So, if I have to look somewhere else, I have no problems doing so. thougt you could use this honest comment
    regards
    r.parker
    303 maple street
    corbin, ky 40701
    606-523-1422
    for your information, my email address is and will continue to be parkerr@hotmail.com. I have used this for 7-8 years.

19th of Jan, 2010

Cool savings customer service

I keep getting an error message from you saying my email address is incorrect. Well, I beg to differ. I am perfectly aware of what my email address is. It is and has been for 7-8 years parkerr@hotmail.com

regards
    r.parker

• Va
      22nd of Jan, 2010

iam not facing any problems with couponsavings.com and also prefer to shop Deals4now for more savings

23rd of Jan, 2010

Hello This message is for CoolSavings

I am still getting an error message saying my email address already exists. Mo kidding. It exists because it i mine. And, I have no intention whatsoever of changing anything about it. Would you correct this problem on your end. As the problem obviously lies on your end, not mine.

rparker