Coolerguys / Poor experience

United States Review updated:
I had a very poor experience with Coolerguys.com.
I had asked for the RMA number to return a keyboard for a refund. By by the time I had received an RMA number, the fellow indicated that it was beyond the 30 days, and had to go to the factory in China. It was only a $30 keyboard, and they refused to return it for a refund. In addition, when asked if I can talk to someone by phone, my request was not acknowledged with even a courtesy of a return email. Finally, when I mentioned that I would escalate the matter with BBB of Washington State, they basically said 'go ahead, ' with little regard for good service. I am quite disappointed, and would not recommend this firm to anyone. Please post this to the web, and maybe they will understand how to treat a customer with some basic respect. Thanks.

N  18th of May, 2012 by
I bought a cooling fan that was junk, but worked. Then I bought a speed controller for it that fried the moment I plugged it in.
I asked for a return, and they dragged their feet. After bothering them over and over, they finally issued an RMA.
Unlike reputable companies, they did not send a paid return label with the RMA, so I had to spend more to return it.
I never heard back after sending it, so I e-mailed again asking where my refund was. The guy claimed it probably came in on the last batch and hadn't been checked in yet, even though it had been nearly a month, which I pointed out. No response.
Then I threatened them with legal action, and suddenly got this response: "You need to seriously calm down, all of your correspondence have been threats and anger.
I see your box in the return pile so it must have come in the last couple of days since it wasn't there on Wednesday last time they were processed."

Only my last e-mail was threatening. Funny how he was suddenly able to find it in a "pile" after I threatened them.

They finally replied with a refund, but only for the purchase price, not the shipping I paid either way. They charge enough shipping, and refuse to refund it so when you return the garbage they sell, they still make money. Thieves