Cooksville Auto Recyclers / Stole our car that was parked in neighbors driveway

1 3378 Mavis RoadMississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

My husband had an old 1992 Chev Eurosport that he wanted to get rid of. He called Cooksville Auto Recyclers and they came the next evening, looked at the car and then left. I guess it was too old and they didn't want it. Two days later, my husband gave the car to our neighbors son (who is studying mechanics). Two mornings after, the car was missing from the neighbors driveway. Apparently the wreckers came and took it. When my husband called to ask for it back, they claimed it was already crushed up. The car had some new parts on it and the body wasn't too bad so I knew they're lying. We called the police and they said technically, it's not considered theft. They instructed us to take it to court. Instead, I've chosen to share this incident in as many forums as possible as well as contact the media in Ontario.

Ja

Comments

• So
      28th of Mar, 2012

you should have called the police first and reported it stolen. did your husband give them the ownership? if yes then they own the car if no then it is considered stolen. i hate those guys at scrap yard. cooksville auto wrecker is a big scam they sell their parts for same price at brand new after market part. and their service is crap.

• Ba
      20th of Aug, 2012

whoa this is messed up.

• Lu
      6th of Apr, 2016

Similar thing happend to me. I called in the afternoon. I arranged with them to drop off my car later in the evening, and come by the following day to do the paperwork. When I went the following day, they said my car was "stolen", and it happens all the time. They encouraged me to make an insurance claim.