Cookscape / Orchid / Modular Kitchens sucks!

1 India Review updated:

I placed order for modular kitchen and wardrobes to COOKSCAPE / ORCHID designs and am suffering from it. I just wanted to alert you guys about them.

They have offices in Koramangala (next to Sukh Sagar) and in Jayanagar.

They will speak as if they are professional, blah... etc and in the end are worse that carpenters. For my apartment they collected the money on delivery of material on August 21,2006. There were short supplies of major item like doors for kitchen unit, laminate for wardrobe, etc.

More than a month,they have not supplied it (and the best part is I cannot use what they have delivered, latches not done,screws not fitted properly). Absolutely bad customer service, they have not even sent anyone to find out what is missing, and whenever i call up they will say some issues in their factory and promise to deliver in the next few days (which has never happened).

Kindly advise if i can approach the consumer court and make them complete my work and compensate for all the anxiety.

Ya

Comments

Ra
  1st of Jan, 2007

100% confirm the issues in delivery with these guys. My order placed in October 2004, is still pending!!!! Now they are saying that they don't have the kind of wood that I ordered. I did not order any exotic stuff.. just the same thing that they had in their showrooms.

Be careful about paying out money to these guys.. don't pay on delivery of the material. pay only after installation. To their credit, they have some good products, but service delivery is horrible. I went to these guys expecting professional service where I do not have to call and pester them for completion of work.. but as it turned out these guys are worse than the local carpenters.

Stay away, if you haven't yet bought anything from them.
Rajagopal

Th
  11th of Jan, 2007

I agree 100% to the comment.

Their customer service is VERY BAD. Their rates are very high and differential. They do not honor their commitments.
Be careful with their dealings. Orally they commit lot of things just to get the order but finally they dodge everything possible.

Finally you are guaranteed to end up with a feeling of getting cheated completely whenever you look at your kitchen.

5th of Mar, 2007

I am just kicking myself on why I didnt read this before falling into the cookscape trap. I am experiencing all you guys have mentioned above. They are totally unprofessional, dont give a damn to the customers, very clever in collecting their advances, and once they receive the money, they just dont care for their customers. They have done 75% work and collected 75% money, they are happy with their share, and dont see the reason to complete the work. They have delayed my flat by more than a month, they dont even seem to be apologetic, every time I call them, they say, your items are on the way from Chennai, would be here in 2 days - tomorrow, today..."O sorry" definitely in 3 days and the story continues. They are LIARS! And are trained to lie, probably.

So, please dont get yourself in this mess. The house, you get with lot of love and dream, do not get the same response from you once get in touch with Cookscape. They irritate you so much, that you feel, its ok if the house is not good, we just move in.

The employees of cookscape are all buffallo skinned, they just dont care how much ever u abuse them. They have the same reply, we will complete your house in 1 week.

Our money, house deserves something more than Cookscape.

Ni
  15th of Mar, 2007

Hi all cookscape sufferers,

I have a solution for this, infact i have gone through all the pain of what you guys mentioned, finally decided to file a case against them in Bangalore consumer forum. It works a great! Please get in touch with me in-case anyone is interested.

We should fight for such corrupted people and hand-cuff them by LAW.

Ja
  20th of Jul, 2007

Hi,

I regret not having done more due diligence on Cookscape before placing order and paying 100% of amount. I have suffered all the problems mentioned by you above. I am seriously considering approaching consumer forum in Hyderabad. If there are any other similar sufferers in Hyderabad contact me.

Tu
  8th of Sep, 2007

Yes! All this is true. I am also a sufferer and these guys are less professional than a third grade carpenter. If you have excess money dump on them. They do not have simple common sense even of a 5th class student and would like to do design.

Sa
  6th of Feb, 2008

Thanks guys for the timely feedback..infact i was on the verge of placing order to them when i smelled something fishy from their resistance to put most of the commitments in their proposal...finally i have decided to go for a different approach altogether for my house woodwork

Pg
  21st of Feb, 2008

Thanks all you guys. I was going toplace an order withcookscape.not anymore. Perhaps all of you can join up and hire a lawer and sue the company.

22nd of Mar, 2008

Please don't get deceived by their ads and demo kitchens.

When it comes to the actual work, they are pathetic. I would say even a third rate carpenter will do a better job than these guys with much less follow up.

Sr
  9th of Nov, 2008

Dear Friends,

I purely disagree about the comment wht they have given but by the personal experince with the cookscape at Jayanagar. The chaps who is working over there has helped a lot about the product and i was not knowing anything about the product and i have visited many show rooms in bangalore but no one has given such a guidence. When i saw the quote what they had given i was shoked but they explained me why they are charging so much. This is best place to get a quality products. Ya i too agry that they diliver little bit late but the finish and other things is extremely good.

5th of Apr, 2009

We can't agree more to all of the above. We suffered in the hands Cookscape Hyderabad branch and I'm quite dismayed and shocked by lack of service, total disregard to their commitments and carefree attitude of the employees. I won't recommend Cookscape, even to my enemies or foes. Avoid Cookscape Hyderabad at all costs.

25th of May, 2009

I agree that the Cookscape, whether in hyderabad or elsewhere, is really bad. Once they have your money, off they disappear. Don't buy from them.

22nd of Aug, 2009

Couldn't agree more with the comments. I had a very bad experience with cookscape, hyderabad branch. If anyone of you followed up successfully through consumer forum, can you pl share your experiences. Thanks.

Ka
  22nd of Oct, 2009

Worst Cheats I had ever met with. Completely unprofessional. They do not deserve to run an organisation with this kind of attitude.

Su
  30th of Oct, 2009

hai

i have not faced any problem like this...
i just bought a cookscape kitchen...

I am comfortable with their quality and service, , ,

saranya

Su
  25th of Nov, 2009

dear friends

i hope this link is active. few weeks back i got cookscape kitchen installed in my house in chennai.
the product is good and even they delivered on-time

i haven't faced any problem like u guys faced. i feel cookscape is better now.

suresh

Ha
  2nd of Dec, 2009

I didnt face any problem while installation. I installed the modular kitchen some 3 years back. It was done on time.
Now some of the hinges got broken and some fittings got loosened. The laminates got peeled off.. I complained to Cookscape several times in two months, yet there was no one to respond... So be careful... there is no response from them...
Thinking of sending a notice and then proceed to consumer court... remember they will give you 10 years of warranty... but only thing is that they will not turn up...

Mr
  10th of Dec, 2009

Hai i am from bangalore i have brought a kitchen from cookscape bangalore .iam a very happy with these people as they took care of my flat as i had been to abroad .i was surprised when i came back to bangalore after 1 month that it was completed in a professional way .
we would suggest cookscape is a perfect place for your interiors .they are very friendly trusted persons .
i got a value for my money .i am using the cookscape products from past 3 years .

i doubt all the complaints here is how far true .
Mrs. Kumar

Sh
  16th of Aug, 2010
Orchid - Termite problem
Orchid/cookscape
India

I got attracted by the fancy words and display by the company cookscape and ordered an expensive modular kitchen for my new house in 2000. In those years, there were just one or two companies who takes orders for this fancy kitchen. so I did not have more option but to choose cooksscape. They say that the wood they use is imported, high quality, termite prrof, water proof etc. etc. and they charge heavily because of all these reasons they give. But now the high quality, imported wood they have used for my modular kitchen is slowly getting damaged by termites and already an entire partition has come out competely damaged into dust particles. Now after somany complaints to them regarding this, till date no one has inspected my kitchen and solved the problem. I am grieving for my mistake now. i warn the others to be more careful and alert before choosing and ordering ur modular kitchen especially with cookscape people.

Ar
  22nd of Sep, 2010

always believe in interiors people like cookscape because they are completing the work in time nowdays.

try once and see . i am happy now excellent product in kitchen world