Cooking Club of America / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:

last month ccoa sent a nasty letter about my so called monthly bill.That bill did have a #, so I called it and thought the problem was corrected. I used 2 addresses to make sure I received the products. When I spoke to them, the billing error should have been corrected. It was not. Now their sending me a bill for products they say they sent. I did not receive any cookbooks, magazines, or gadgets ever from them. Used several E-mail addresses that were posted from their site, only to find out they could not be used the server said it was an invalid E-mail address. I want out of this membership, no future contact from them in any way shape or form. I did not get any thing from them so i will not pay for something I didn't receive. I am seriously considering getting the BBB involved in this. Linda H, E mail This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it any suggestions?
Va

Comments

Ju
  13th of Nov, 2008
I don't guess I should be surprised with all the scams via internet, but I guess once again obviously, I clicked on the wrong website or a legitimate company that I registered with sold my information. I have received a bill from Cooking Club of America for membership fees that are due immediately. I never signed up for this service. I have never received anything from Cooking Club of America other than threatening letters demanding money. The letter states that I still have the chance to settle my account in a positive manner and become a fully paid member in the CCOA. Just pay the bill for my membership IMMEDIATELY. As soon as payment is received, your status as a member in good standing will be reinstated. The name at the bottom of the letter is Andrea Meester, Member Services Director. I am very upset about being hounded for money for something I never signed up for or received. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau in reference to this scam. I hope if there is anyone else out there being taken advantage of by CCOA, please file all the complaints possible with the BBB. On this most recent "bill" the toll free number is 1-888-850-8202.
Co
  22nd of Apr, 2009
IDID NOT SIGN UP FOR THERE SUBSCRIPTION OR AGREED TO ANY 30 DAY TRIAL MEMBERSHIP TO COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA. AND IKNOW I SURE DIDNT SIGN UP FOR ANY 12 MONTH MEMBERSHIP. IS ANY ONE HONEST ANY MORE?

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com Logo Cooking Club of America / Scout.com