Convergys / big liars

United States Review updated:

Me and my Fianc©e were suppose to be working at convergy's as a temporary position for the census job. we'll we arrive around 6 45 in the morning and I explain that I never received a call and in which I should of gotten a call back after the background check. I never got a call back regarding the mandatory orientation and this is the same story pretty much for 17 other people. They let a couple of people in for training and after waiting 3 hours they say to every one else that they hired too many people and that the rest of the 14 people were on a waiting list. I would of appreciated a phone call or a email telling me to find a different job but I guess the integrity over at convergys isn't there. No one cared that 17 people were waiting in line for 3 hours hoping to hear back, " come back with us" . I now don't know about my financial situation due to convergys messing everything up. has this happened to you over here. I love to hear your story.

Ta

Comments

• Ho
      13th of Sep, 2011

I worked for this place, for 9 months and gracious I have never in my life seen a company that gets great pleasure in firing people. Not only do they create a hostile work enviroment, the stress they create to boot is awful. I brought in a Dr's note stating I only have one kidney, and that I can't afford to hold it. I got wrote up for taking an extra break to run to the restroom. I have never had a bladder infection in my life I got 3 while working there. Oh and lets bring up red flag behavior. Really you can't just tell someone what they did wrong and how to fix it? You have to red flag them and then fire them when they get two. Oh and that is if your older the young one with 2 red flags is still employeed. They want us to value their customers, but I assure you they don't value their employees unless your a supervisor then you walk on water. You can commit all kinds of misdoings and you still have a job. Supervisors can even tell a customer have to call you back need to go to the bathroom and this is ok. If a rep pulled that we would be unemployed so quick it would make your head spin.

• Si
      1st of Nov, 2012

I too worked for Convergys in Lake Mary, Florida. This was the most disorganized organization that I have ever encountered. They say you have PTO days; however, God forbid you get ill and have to miss days because of the illness that is more than likely picked up in their building, those PTO days cannot be used to prevent getting 'points'. Their team leads are a joke. All they are concerned about is making the numbers match as to fool the companies that they have been contracted to work for. Their customer service and handling of customers accounts are horrible. Lunch break is 30 mins. so one has time to throw the food down, forget chewing it up and do not bring food that has to be heated, now one has 20 mins to eat it. It is no wonder people are ill all the time, no time to slow the heart rate down or for food to digest. Forget going to the bathroom. I felt that I was on a slave camp while employed there. The next thing is one could work there for 10 years and not receive a raise of any kind. Be careful when accepting a job at Convergys.

• Cr
      11th of Jan, 2013

I too worked for Convergys in Lake Mary, Florida. Very unorganized organization. All they want if for their clients (ATT) to believe that they are doing everything right. After nine weeks of being half trained one is thrown on the floor with the promise that coaches and TL's are available to assist. That is a lie, a customer could be on the line with customer resolutions for an hour waiting for assistance from a TL or coach. Very frustrating. The TL's also have you to agree that you have had training on a particular product when there has been no training at all on the product. I was embarrassed to work for a company that do not care about the consumer or the employee. Lastly PTO days cannot be used if it is necessary to be out with a sickness, they must be preplanned, but how do you preplan an illness.

• So
      13th of Nov, 2013

I worked for Convergys on their AT&T work from home project. I am a Verizon customer and after seeing how little AT&T cares about their customer, I will stay a Verizon customer! Let me tell you the main problems. 1. They expect you to go through 10 different screens to solve one problem. 2. They change their policies on things hourly so if you don't go to "my csp" while working on like say taking a payment, you will get into trouble! 3. The only way to ask a question is in a chat room! Good luck with that because although you are told to not put anything personal in there because it could cause a person's question to be lost. But if you are a redhat, you can talk with other redhats or sales mentors ir whatever other stupid name they have for a position that isn't needed. I kean don't we all need to know what the current tl's favorite Starbucks flavor is or you can see the stupid cheers they do in chat to get people motivated to sell Uverse! But I guess questions can only get lost in regular employee's personal jabberings! 4. They don't give a rat'a** about the customer, they only want Uverse sales. If the problem is solved okay but if you make a Uverse sale they will shout it from the mountain tops!! 5. They listen to every phone call you are on. And by they, I mean its like they have parties and play your cals for everyone to hear! To me, eventually you are invading the customer's privacy! 6. PTO is a joke. You can try to request and it will say you can't request until so and so date so you try to request that day and it gives you a different date! 7. They changed your schedule constanly! You have to check it several times a day even after you are off! A girl that worked with me was written up for bot calling in on a Sunday but when she clocked out on Sat it said she was off on Sunday but then her schedule was changed to her coming in at 6:30 a.m on Sunday but here's the kicker, the schedule wasn't changed until Sunday at 9:15 a.m. so I guess she was suppose to be able to foresee that she was goingto have to come in. Bottom line, run!!! Don't walk!! Get away as fast as you can!! Oh, and you get told like you are a 2 year old to make sure you potty on your break because you cant go once you are on the phones! They are downright nasty to their employees and don't care about customers. Herea another idiotic thing they came up with, you are not allowed to transfer without permission. This means that if a customer calls in and speaks spanish and they get english by accident, they must wait while you ask in chat if you can transfer and if you are lucky to see your question answered its something like "is there no way you can help them"? Oh yeah, let me take a spanish course real quick! There's also the stupid rule that you are not allowed to place someone on hold! Why? Do they really want to worry about making small talk with someone they don't know? But youbare suppose to use this time to get their Uverse going! And if the customer says theyalready have it you get into trouble if you dont check! I guess you are suppose to say something like " I know you said you had Uverse but I checked in our system and you are a liar"! Now when can we schedule you for installation?! Worst job I've ever had in my life!!!

• He
      26th of Aug, 2015

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!

1. It took two months before I FINALLY got 'hired'.
    2. I was working a 20 an hour a week minimum wage job when I got 'hired' by Convergys, so naturally I left that job to start a 40 an hour a week job at $9.00 an hour.
    3. I was TOLD that I was hired and everything was set for me to begin training on Monday August 26th at 11 AM EST. At 10:40 AM EST, I receive a phone call telling me that they are pulling me from the class because my background check still hadn't come back yet. They waited until the last possible minute to do this to me. I completely lost it and told them off and let them know exactly how unprofessional I thought it was that they tell me I am hired and give me a start date only to take it away from me the very day I am supposed to begin training. The 'recruiter' tells me that it would be three weeks before they could reassign me. THREE WEEKS! I am now unemployed and have to wait another three weeks to start 'training'. I got angry and hung up on her. After cooling off a while, I sent her an email apologizing and explained my situation to them.
    3. The next day (Tuesday August 25th) I receive an email telling me that I am set to begin training today (August 26th). I got excited and thought my apology was accepted and everything was good to go. So I login and sit through the 'roll call' only to be one of eight people whose name wasn't called. I was then told to leave the room and that one of the trainers would call me within fifteen minutes to let me know what was going on. TWO HOURS LATER I get a phone call from the same woman I spoke with on Monday. She tells me that I will NOT be allowed to work at all for Convergys because I had a bad attitude. She also claimed that I stated I was no longer interested which was a blatant lie. I NEVER said that. I NEEDED this job!!!

So tell me what kind of 'company' tells someone they are hired and encourages them to quit their current job and clear their schedule for three weeks worth of training? What kind of 'company' tells someone they can begin work BEFORE all of said employee's paperwork is finalized?

Steer clear of this place. I know they have several good reviews, but you should be forwarned that most of these 'good reviews' are from management members within their hiring group. If I could press charges against this place I would.

So now I have no job and no income. I only hope that the job I quit will hire me back otherwise I am completely screwed.