Convenience / Excessive Fees

1 NH, United States

TD Bank has ripped me off also. As a customer that had a "Simply Free Checking"account, they changed it to a "Convenience Checking" It really was a convenient way for them to automatically start charging me $15.00 per month. Bank staff said we sent you a letter. ( that makes it legal & shifts the responsibility for changing the account to me. Nevermind my inconvenience) I honestly don't remember receiving the letter & I'm usually very good about checking my mail. I then asked for a copy of the letter. 6 pages into the letter it described the new minimum balance requirement of $100. The bank manager had a smooth answer for everything except; What is convenient about making me change my account or get charged $15.00 per month? To top it off they kept an electronic transfer of my money pending after it cleared another account (over a day later) Their delay led to $140. less money for me to spend on items such as groceries for my family. The bank manager didn't even look into the matter, she simply blamed the other institution. TD Bank is not worth the hassle. As soon as they are able they will charge you with excessive fees.