Contracts for furniture and electronics / I believe I'm being cheated

1 Portland, OR, United States Review updated:

Over the past 2 years, I signed contracts for a sectional sofa, 2 end tables, coffee table and laptop, all of which are all now paid in full. I then began contracts for a rug, air conditioner 2 [additional] laptops, 60" flat screen, 42" flat screen and a full bedroom suite. Over the past year, I've been struggling with a health issue which requires me to take several strict/potent prescription medications daily. Between the illness and medications, I pretty much stay dizzy, often confused and have great difficulty with short-term memory loss. In September 2010, my full-time job was downsized to to 24 hours per week. Yet, I was still carrying a payment of nearly $700 with Aaron's. Somehow, I did manage to pay off the air conditioner and a 2nd laptop. However, my daughter recently brought to my attention, that even though I've paid off 2 contracts (approx $200 worth of merchandise) my payments have remained right at $700 per month. I NEED HELP!!! If anyone can assist me with information on who I can talk to about this, please contact me via email mizzd44@msn.com I've dealt with multiple issues with Aaron's from disrespect, electronics issues to them keeping my credit card for 3 months and NEVER letting me know they had it.

Comments

• Bf
      19th of May, 2011

Rent to own is a rip off any way you look at it. Just do the simple math. If your paying 30 bucks a week thats 120 a month. You could go to the bank and borrow the money much cheaper because while 120 a month might not sound to bad, add up the number of weeds and months and you'll find your paying about three or 4 times what the item is worth. You would be much better off to save up the money and buy it outright from a reputable store or borrow from a lending institution.