Contractor-Books.Com / Unauthorized charges

9/25/08 I ordered 2008 NEC Handbook single user CD - I paid with a visa online my card was charged $179.95. The order was to ship in 5-8 business days. I waited 14 nothing. I called there contact us number - you get a voicemail instructing you to leave a message and they will call back - nothing. I used the email address they provide for order questions - no response. I've tried multiple times - nothing. I plan to submit the info to the NY Attorney General. Frustrated and ripped off.

Comments

• Ad
      28th of Oct, 2008
    Contractor-Books.Com - Overcharged
    PO Box 486
    Mastic Beach 11951
    New York
    Phone: 631 924-4800
    contractor-books.com

I ordered a how-to DVD from them 3 months ago. My creit card was charged but they never sent me my order. I've tried emailing and calling them dozens of times but have never received contact back from them. They always put you to voicemail, it's not been possible actually speaking to anyone.

3rd of Nov, 2008

The same thing is happening to me.

I placed an order early September; they charged me credit card immediately.
    I've left them voice messages and emails, but no reponses!

What is your next plan of action? Do you know if there's anything we can do?

• Je
      14th of Nov, 2008

Add me to the list. Charge went through the same day but the same cannot be said about the delivery!

4th of Jan, 2009

Dan and Bill Addiss two brothers from New York, I think they run contractor-books.com if you want to contact them about ripping you off call bill he will deny it at first but upon investigation on who runs the website you can confuse him into giving up he can't keep his lies straight He will try to show you that his name isn't listed as the Admin Contact and try to tell you that that isn't to get to someone in charge you need to contact the Owner/Registrant that isn't necessarily the case but you can look on the different whois sites and bills name is listed on one Dan is listed on another as the technical contact and a K Boysen is now listed on another but he will only try to get you to look at one that says NULL. You can call 631-981-3022 or email bill@licensedelctrician.com or addisseletric.com. Dan Addiss is a real piece of work he runs quite a few websites his main one is readyconect.com (which is connected to contractorbooks.com) the reason they wont call you back is they are cowards. Please learn from my mistake and have no buisness dealings with anyone the last name of Addiss. I called and left a message for the Attorney General also and didn't get very far with that either. I have also contacted the BBB, Fair trade Commission and IC3 - filing complaints with all of them. Maybe everyone who has been ripped off by this company should get together and file a class action lawsuit against them, if you are willing give me a call.

Johnny Wallace
    503-717-2096

Hopefully we can get our money back

• Ro
      8th of Jan, 2009
    Contractor-Books.Com - Overcharged
    Contractor-Books.Com
    contractor-books.com

I placed an on-line order for some books. I was sent an email confirmation of my order and have a printed receipt of my order and was charged for my order to my credit card. I have never received this order, and have made every attempt for months now, to resolve this issue. I have tried phone numbers which were provided by the website, and got only recordings to leave a message in which nobody called me back. I have tried emails and got no response as well. I am very upset that we live in a day an age that this kind of rip-off is allowed to happen with no consequences to the perpetrator.