ContractedWork.com / SmartHunt.com / Do not use this company's escrow service

1 2202 N 64stMesa, AZ, United States Review updated:

(www.contractedwork.com). THEY ARE A FRAUDULENT SITE. (this also applies to their sister site www.smarthunt.com)

We used their site to find a contractor abroad who would carry out a website design for us. Meanwhile, we transferred $500-00 to this company's so called 'Escrow' service thinking that since they had been around for a few years, they would be a reliable company to use (rather than transfer money direct to an unknown supplier of It services abroad). After the project was completed, the supplier abroad requested payment. When we went to transfer the escrow money to the supplier from the escrow account, we found that we could not gain access to our deposited funds.

They do not respond to emails, their 'customer service' number is fictional and their telephone number in Florida is dis-connected. It seems that all the details on the whois site are completely false.

Digging in to their site i find out that their customer service number is: Contracted Work Customer Service [protected]

and smarthunt.com is another of their sites. They even charge Membership fees from all the suppliers who bid for projects. Their email is contact AT contractedwork.com but there is no response from this email address.

Their I.P. address is 84.40.18.186

TAMPA, FL 33614

US

Phone: [protected]

Email: Contact AT Contractedwork.com

I have now given the case to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre as well as to my local FBI office. I hope I can get both the websites put out of business as they are a totally fraudulent site and it seems that once monies are in their escrow account, it's gone for good.

Has anyone else been duped by this site's escrow service?

If you have, please let me know and, more importantly, let the ICCC know (at www.ic3.gov).

I'll keep you all informed of the case.

By the way: I'm also especially annoyed at Paypal, through whom noies were transferred to this company. Paypal said that because we were technically outside their '45 day' period, there was nothing that they could do. They used a technically to get out of their obligations to prevent Fraud. As a result, I've close my Paypal account and I refuse to trust Paypal ever again as they are happy to condone Fraud. I've also made a separate complaint against Paypal.

In other words, Paypal won't shut this company's paypal account down, and is happy to keep accepting transfers to this company despite knowing that www.contractedwork.com is committing fraud.

Va

Comments

• Be
      4th of Apr, 2008

What you say must be true about the website. I cant even get on the website to submit a bid, which i know now is a good thing. I can't call them and email wont go through or anything. Thanks for making my assumptions even clearer.

27th of Jun, 2008

If I knew that was a online catalog card i could have saved my money and spent it on my children. Your website ad is very mis leading. I thought this was a visa or mastercard. I have three children and I would have like to go to the grocerie store and buy them something to eat instead of buying material things online.If its not to much trouble I would like my 29.95 put back on my real credit card so i can put it to good use. I have not used the card and will not use the card now that I see that is not any good to me.

• Tr
      18th of Mar, 2009

Both of these sites will soon be under new management...hopefully your previous mishaps will be taken care of. The previous owner unfortunately became sick in 2006. However today they are doing much better...