Contra Costa Times / Daily phone calls

1 Concord, CA, United States

I just got a new telephone landline and starting on DAY 1 I started getting unsolicited phone calls asking me to take the paper. I ignored them for a while, but since I work at home, the phone calls got really annoying. I finally started answering. The man informed me that they were going to send me the Sunday paper for 4 weeks for free. I said, ok fine. Thanks, bye. But of course that wasn't the end of the call. He continued. Then said they were going to charge me after the 4 weeks. I told him that I didn't want the paper even if it was free if I was going to have to remember to call back in 4 weeks to discontinue it. He kept at it. I told him he was taking up too much of my time and that I needed to get back to work and not to send me the paper. Later that day, a woman called with the same information. I told her I had already declined on the earlier phone call and to please stop calling and that I needed to get back to work. They keep calling!!! Additionally, I've already registered my phone number on the do not call registry, it doesn't seem to matter. I've searched the website for a way to contact the paper directly, I can't find anyone to call. I tried reverse calling them based on my caller ID, it gives me the tri tone that I've reached the number in error. THIS IS SO ANNOYING! I can't have my personal phone ringing during work hours and I also don't want all my ringers turned off. I feel sorry for the next person who calls me from the Times because I'm going to yell at them off the bat. Be prepared unsolicited caller!!