Contra Costa Times / Harassing phone calls

CA, United States Review updated:
I am also having a problem with the Contra Costa Times. I suscribe to the Daily Review Newspaper and tried to renew my suscription via the website with no success (due to admitted problems with their website). The CC times called me on 10/11/08 and I paid via telephone. Not sure what they did with my Credit card info. Then on 10/18/08 some man with a personal cell phone called and left me a voice message, said he wants to come to my house to get the money for the newspaper suscription. I call him back and tell him I already paid, he says there is no indication of my payment. I tell him not to come to my home. On 10/25 I get another call from the CC Times wanting payment, this time, the gal says she is charging me late fees and will also issue a $10 gas card... whatever, I gave my credit card info again. On 10/28/08, I receive yet another call from the CC Times wanting payment. I tell the woman that I have paid already and ask her to confirm if there are notes regarding the last call, she hung up on me. I tried to call back but got a recording that this is the do not call list. 10/29/08, I call the Daily Review local phone number and talk to a representative, he tells me I am past due, he says my credit card declined because their system has a problem with my card expire date being the year 2013, but yet wants my credit card info AGAIN. I ask to talk with supervisor. The supervisor gets on the phone & I explain the situation, she tries to pin the harassing calls on a collection agency, I tell her that caller ID shows CC Times, she says she will talk with finance, and the CC Times, will make sure no more calls and payment will be processed, but needs my Credit card info again. I give her my credit card info. I tell her I want the harrasment to stop because they are in violation of Fair Debt & Collection practices act. On 11/01/08 I receive yet another call from the Contra Costa Times, This time it is an automated call, requesting me to press a digit on my touchtone phone to speak with a representative, I press the number and then get a recording to leave a message, then another message immediately after saying that the mail box is full. I have been trying to pay this for over a month now and have been giving my credit card information, but they refuse to process the payment and are harrassing me.
Ym

Comments

An
  18th of Aug, 2013
My roommate called 3 weeks ago to put his paper on an indefinite vacation hold. After the first week, the paper was still being delivered. Not sure if he what he wanted me to do about his paper, I called him and that was when he told me that he had put it on hold. It is a week later, the paper is still being delivered. I have called every day, a total of 7 times and the paper is STILL being delivered!!! Friday I was told a manger would call me and I never did get that call. Imagine how many papers would be laying in my driveway if no one was here! An open invitation to thieves! I don't know what it will take to stop the paper. I called again today and if it delivered tomorrow, I will go to the main office and complain loudly!
Re
  20th of Oct, 2015
Since September I have called 25 times about not receiving the paper I have NEVER received a call back I have complained to every manager and supervisor to no avail I have paid in advance for a product I do not receive HELP Laura