Contingent Network services / Unpaid Invoices

1 4400 Port Union Rd.Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 506-9609

CONTINGENT is not at all good at paying their debts to field engineers. A signed agreement is required by them before being dispatched to the client site. The terms are "60 days", however, what they do not inform folks of is that your pay date can fluctuate as they wish or see best fits THEIR needs with no concern whatsoever to the soldiers in the field and the family needs in regards to financial obligations...as it stands for me personally, I find that invoices are 120 days or more. Jeff Stine and Scott Campbell will not answer questions directly, mostly they do not even respond, but miss a “hard time”, (scheduled work order arrival time), and well...they threaten you with restriction. I find this too funny. I have been handed out responses such as "sorry for the delay" like Halloween candy. I MUST MAKE IT CLEAR, I feel that I HAD excellent working relationships with EVERY CNS that I assisted with on a project, this is in direct aim at the financial power trip suits and the puppets (Campbell) that dance for their master. Before I had become a "partner", that term is so loosely used, I had heard from technicians of this issue, I chose to trust the company over disgruntled technicians whom I had never even known beforehand, I did not realize that would turn out to be a mistake, for I put more than the ample energy into building a relationship, I made the work orders for Contingent top priority for nearly two years only to not see even an ounce of respect by the accounting boys, much less MY money that I earned for a service provided. Be weary of signing on with this company, definitely some sour apples in the bunch. nearly 10K worth of invoices 120 days on 60 day WRITTEN terms and they pick various random "check run" dates to send me couple hundred here few more there, they seem to fluff up quite a bit of their show for whomever, then it seems as though the field technician does not even exist as long as they can keep the tech chasing the carrot. Quite often, not every time they (Stine and Campbell) give you info on the checks, something totally different is received. This type of incident has occurred in written form via Email, the response? "I did not say that" OR " well I did not mean it that way even though that is what I said (wrote)." where I come from, we call those types liars. No wonder they "pay" so well, they actually do not pay. to all, keep close track of your invoices, document everything down to the bathroom breaks, as if a way can be found, it will be to delay or not make invoice payments. so check your brain, those of you in business with this group, be leery of Stine and Campbell, I DO NOT feel all if any of the CNS team are aware of exactly how or even that this is occurring, however, I do have an intuition that some are in that decision making circle and DO know but I have not been able to confirm that theory, I would like to believe that those in that role are unaware and sincere about technicians as a whole. I am only one voice, but I am discovering daily those that have been wronged in this fashion, I intend to spread my message as far and wide as i can, blogs, podcasts, social networking sites, TV, radio and print. in the end of the day, its seems another corporate at its best to succeed by way of greed, lies, theft, whatever means to be the hero in front of the client, but less than cooperative or honest when that door closes. SO BEWARE TO THOSE INVOLVED.

The above statement is MY personal experience, opinion, and concerns with this company. It DOES NOT reflect my experience with those that I performed work orders for. lot of good people by all accounts on that team, Andrew Pearson, Anna Hoshkins, Diana Smith, Krystal Sphar, Victor Carrion., Derek Walker, Beau Cunningham, just to name a few of that I still think highly of. I do find myself highly disappointed in this scenario, Contingent was running me good and I was confident that I had made a good decision and enjoyed being one of their go to guys. But a deal is a deal especially when it is in writing, but the integrity of some there is unacceptable. there are tons of companies with the same business model, replacing them has been zero trouble, but the strain that was caused to me and my family can not go unnoticed or unannounced. I hope to save a few from this experience. I am sure my words will be muffled or deleted, but I will just pop up somewhere else to speak. I am a technology expert, they may have not realized how much, but it will be revealed all in time, all in time. I intend to strike this experience from my resume as I am ashamed to have been associated with the likes of Stine and Campbell hello boys-LOL). Good luck to you all that is on board as well as those who join this 'TEAM" which only includes you as a pawn, or a donkey carrying bags of wheat down a mountain, you are expendable and unappreciated, ultimately. Take care.

Bs

Comments

25th of Feb, 2011

This is not just one persons experience.
    Contingent Network Services only pays when forced to; you must stop doing work for them before they will pay. I have been lucky enough to be the only one that they know that can perform some services, but when they need you, they promise the moon and pay past due invoices, usually around $30, 000.00 (NOT A TYPO) immediately. Scott Campbell is a horrible person to work with. He has told me flat out "you'll get paid eventually. It may be in three years, but everybody gets paid". When bringing up the net 60 terms, he says that only applies to small companies that contingent owes small amounts of money to. This company has literally made hundreds of thousands of dollars off me, and refuses to give me my share. It is not uncommon for them to send out checks... that are UNSIGNED. Do NOT do business with this company. The only way they are staying in business is because not enough of us have spread the word.

• Bs
      25th of Feb, 2011

Thenb let us make some nooise and drive this company down where they belong!

• Ph
      13th of Apr, 2011

Good to know as they are now trying to hire contractors in Vancouver Canada to do cabling jobs, when I read the ad I thought it was a joke, they are will to pay $18 / hr and require a ton of certs. Are they kidding $18 /hr for contract work, does not even cover my WCB or liability insurance and after taxes you are probably working for less then minimum wage.

• Ia
      10th of May, 2011

I'd vouch every bit of this to be true!

• Ia
      10th of May, 2011

I was privy to the internal workings of the Cincinnati location. Their internal operation is completely disorganized and a mess to say the least. They pay their internal staff just as poorly. They have denied salary and benefits to employees frequently after employees were informed they would receive them after 60-90 days when they were interviewed and/or hired. Their project managers and tech support staff are generally rude and brash, have no consideration for their contractors or other employees and barely their customers. The blame shift game is played frequently. It's always something or someone else's fault. Some of the staff does as little as possible while numerous others are overworked and underpaid. I'm fairly certain they have broken laws over the amount of time some employees work and are demanded to work in single shifts. I'd imagine they don't complain to avoid "rocking the boat". Most of the technical staff have a completely rude attitude towards most everyone, the sales team isn't much better, the project managers seem incapable of getting anything done and the company as a whole is as unprofessional as it gets.

• Wi
      22nd of Jul, 2011

Contingent Network Services sub contracts their work to local technicians promising in their contract to pay within 60 days. In 4 years of doing business with them we have NEVER been paid in less than 120 days. After refusing to take additional dispatches due to slow pay (never payment without calling and pushing for a payment) they stopped paying all together. Now at 8 months and counting on several thousand dollars.

2nd of Sep, 2011

I am working with an Attorney that is putting together a Class Action Law Suits against these ###S as well as possible State and Federal Charges. Depending on the number of cases fines could be very painful for those ###S. Please email me with at (chopperrider5119@hotmail.com) if you are interested.

• Co
      28th of Sep, 2011

I found an interesting solution with these jokers. When it comes to their disorganization, use it against them. Here is how I have managed to get paid:

In a hardware installation situation, take delivery of their hardware, then mention that you can't do the job because they have not paid for past invoices. If they refuse to pay, you have hardware. If they agree to pay by credit card, then get paid for past and current invoices.

In any case, Scott Campbell is a liar. He told me on the phone he was personally putting a cheque in the mail to me. 3 months later they wanted another $300 job and I mentioned the cheque. It wasn't sent and they wanted more paperwork. It was the night before the job and they were in a pinch so I told them credit card or no job. Suddenly it was paid.

We are a small company as well, www.DarkSideTech.ca and located in Moncton NB Canada. They have played the game for about 3 years with me. There is a very simple way to get paid for all jobs. Simply tell them:

"If I am not paid in 14 days I will bill the client directly" They really don't like to hear that. It works quite well.

• Su
      8th of Aug, 2012

They did the same thing to me. I have an unpaid invoice from 10 months ago.
    I was always referred Scot Campbell. I never get a response.
    Rude, and condescending. Sent faxes and emails to no avail. Several employees are just as apathetic or seem ashamed of the unprofessional conduct towards vendors.
    Just more bad examples coming from Contingent Networks.

• Fo
      7th of Dec, 2012

Got us too! It's been 5 months so far. I've promised to let everyone I can find who is interested know that they don't pay their sub-contractors. Next I'll be going to the companies we actually did the work for. They should know what a dishonest company they have doing work for them. It can only end up doing them more harm than good in the long run!

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2015

I too have provided services to CNS and have been repeatedly told I would be paid at one rate only to receive checks for less.
    Now the checks that are supposed to be two weeks term are coming over a month later, and for this last check not at all
    When you email accounting about it they blame it on the US Postal service and even sent me an image of an envelope that was mailed to one of their other contractors that they ran through the Pitney Bowes machine on 04/03/15, but wasn't post marked by their local post office until 04/17/15. So after I email them back their person in accounting Scott Campbell (total condescending rude person) tells me to be careful about complaining or he'll place me on restriction. I don't work well with feeble attempts at coercion so I said not to bother with the restriction just don't send me any more work orders and that I'll simply contact the clients directly for payment, or simply file workman's liens for non payment/theft of service.

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2015

Checks later and later and for less than told when taking job. Now checks are not coming at all and they blame the US postal service.
    So after I email them back their person in accounting Scott Campbell tells me to be careful about complaining or he'll place me on restriction. I don't work well with feeble attempts at coercion so I said not to bother with the restriction just don't send me any more work orders and that I'll simply contact the clients directly for payment.

• Vi
      5th of May, 2015

I am so glad and sorry to find this. I was hoping they are just a little unorganized. About 1 year ago I contacted, Jon Simpson he is a Certified Partner Development. He was nice and gave me this email address cpd@contingent.com I know use this every time I have delinquent invoices. Jon is the one to respond always. I think Scott hates me for this but that jerk just won't get his crap together. Contingent has always paid "eventually" but it is just no worth the Headache. I never hear from them when they are delinquent. Their dispatch team knows when the are in good standings I always get a call once they are paid up. Today, they told me all my invoices are being held up because of sales tax. Contingent isn't tax exempt in my state, so I have always charged tax. They now want it already prefigured into labor and materials, even though the einvoice portal has a tax field. After reading all of these reviews and my past experience, Contingent is official FIRED!

• Mi
      15th of May, 2015

I am one of the companies that have not paid recently and with numerous attempts to contact Scott Campbell, they owe me. over $10, 000.

I have gotten payment in the past but a lot of work and effort was put into getting payment. I had to hire a person just to keep on them. I am not working for them anymore, done having sucker written on my forehead. Looking into legal action.