Continental Warranty / They insulted me
I submitted a request for an extended auto warranty quote to Continental Warranty today. They called me back quickly and gave me a spiel about how I could get "certified" coverage but only if I acted today. The coverage seemed like a pretty good deal to me, so I was actually considering. All I needed to do was read the policy to determine the actual value.
Continental Warranty required me make a refundable deposit of at least $550 just to review the extended auto warranty contract. When I told them I wasn't comfortable with that policy they put a manager on the phone to try and sell me.
Instead of convincing me that I should put that amount down just to review the contract, he attempted to bully me into buying the coverage. He tried to change the issue by telling me that I was lucky that anyone would insure my 1998 Honda Accord with 117, 000 miles on it and asked how I could possibly imagine an insurance company would cover my car for the great price they quoted me.
I told him that I figured the insurance company had plenty of actuaries that had calculated the risks implicated in taking on coverage for a vehicle similar to mine and determined the proper price to make a profit. I then told him that my issue wasn't with the coverage at all, but with the policy of requiring a down payment to even consider the coverage contract.
At that point he got belligerent with me. I could not believe that someone trying to sell me $1700 worth of insurance coverage would insult me. I told him "Thanks for 'unselling' me." "Goodbye."
More Continental Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Continental Warranty - They are out of business and taking unauthorized funds from mybank account. 
- Continental Warranty - Warranty dispute 
- Continental Warranty - Never deal with them
- Continental Warranty - Huge mistake
- Continental Warranty - Scam and lies 
- Continental Warranty - Rip off 
- Continental Warranty - Full Payment but Out of Business
- Continental Warranty - Refusal of claim
- Continental Warranty - Money scam
- Continental Warranty - Missrepresentation