Continental / Terrible service!

1 New York, NY, United States
Phone: 646-520-7679

I am having a destination wedding in Israel and am leaving on May 29th. In January, I bought a dress at Kleinfeld's and was advised to contact my airline regarding dress transportation. I called Continental and was told that it’s a complimentary item and could be hung up on the plane. Last Thursday I called to inquire about packaging, and was told there was no guarantee that there would be room for the dress and that I could put it in the overhead (which I found quite insulting) or to use my miles to upgrade to upgrade, which would guarantee hanging space. I called my frequent flier line and was told that if I arrived with the dress I would not be permitted on board. When I informed them that I had been told otherwise I was told that there was nothing that could be done for me.

Since I don't know whose information is correct, I have asked friends and offered money to people flying on other airlines to take my dress. I have asked others who have flown abroad with wedding dresses and no one has ever had or heard of an issue like this. This has been ridiculously stressful and I feel cheated by Continental. Due to their mistake, I’ve been put in a terribly frustrating and embarrassing situation.

I'm hoping that this makes others aware of yet another fault this airline has and that hopefully, it will prevent this from happening to others in the future.