Continental Finance / Scam and cheating!

1 4825 Hwy 358Opelousas, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 337-781-4801

I filled out and application for a continental finance card,on they website the card came seven days later. The first time i charged was for twenty four dollars. The next week I receive a letter from them saying my account was closed, first of all you suppose to get a three hundred credit limit, in the letter they said i owed them money for two hundred and forty seven dollars. That left me fifty three dollars to charge continental finance never said anything about upfront charges. Now i have a bill to pay for two hundred and forty seven dollars since i refused to give them my checking account info they closed the account, i never had this much trouble with a credit card company like this in my life. I found out they was scammers also i never paid them the money i told the women i wasn't paying for nothing i didn't charge on the card, i went through this company only for one reason they didn't check your credit score. I have read other customers are going through the same thing i am second i am not going to let them get away with it cause i am going to take them to court and they will get sued. Nobody try to scam me and think they going to get away with it everybody needs to know about these scammers.

Va

Comments

27th of Feb, 2008

The fee structure of the Continental finance MasterCard is stated at time of application and activation. It must be accepted by the consumer twice. Its not fine print, so I find it difficult to understand how it came as a shock.

Consequently, we have a 30 day closure policy that states if you do not want the card and have not used it, we will close it and remove any up front fees that were billed to the account. I would call that pretty fair.

Rob

Continental Finance/Corporate office

• Tr
      6th of Aug, 2008

I agree, I just recently opened an account with Continental Finance and made payments on time, get this...They said The EZcard payment system declined my payment due to insufficent funds and that I need fax a copy of my bank statement showing I had available funds to "Corporate" Office. I was given different fax numbers by each person I spole with. Get this my checking account was NEVER charge and return check fee, nsf NOTHING because I had more than enough money to cover payment. Reps told me that do not call people in reference to a payment not posting HA! They called me today Oh and not to mention I have like approx. 10-15 maitanence of some kind of charges on my account PLUS returned check fee that never came thru to my bank and overlimit fee and I never used the card since I made my last payment. Reps are so rude and so are the supervisors I spoke with. I was told by the 1st rep to contact EZ card!! why didn't they do that I AM the customer and it was NOT my mess up!!