Continental Finance Mastercard / These people don't want to help you
They do want to separate you from your money, however.
I had no problems the first three months, learned the hard way about paying with a check and then started paying with a debit card. Until two months ago, before I even tried to use it, the automated system tells me that the debit card I used prior is not valid. Uh, it worked just fine right before and five minutes after the call. Same thing with my husband's account. That way, you are forced into paying with a check, hence the seven day hold on your funds and bogus fees added.
Another new scam they have going is that when you go online to pay by check, doesn't matter what time it is, it will not allow you to schedule until the next day. In my case, the next day was a Saturday, which is not even a bank business day. They did manage, however, to report to Experian the same day, that my card was overlimit due to their fees they tacked on the same day. I did fax a letter to the Delaware AG, as well as the contact person listed on the BBB site, and I noticed that the fees were reversed and my account closed as I requested.
If you don't have great credit, but not horrible (mid 500s to low 600s), there are much better options out there..Orchard, Merrick, even Tribute Mastercard (who raised me from $300 to $1000 in one year and I have never paid a single overlimit fee/late fee, nor do I get charged for paying online).
Stay as far away from Continental Finance as you can. For the headaches, the $10 a month, and the constant autodialed "reminder" calls, they are not worth it, especially for a card you can't get cash from or use at a gas pump.
More Continental Finance Mastercard Complaints & Reviews
- Continental Finance Master Card - Fraud & cheating! 
- Continental Finance - phone calls 
- Continental Finance - SCAM!!! 
- Continental Finance Company LLC - Billing after account was closed out! 
- Continental Finance Master Card - rip off 
- continentalfinance.net - credit card
- Continental Finance - Fees 
- Continental Fincance - Fraudulent Company
- First Bank of Delaware/ Continental Finance - Harassment 
- Continental Finance - Recent Credit Report