Continental Finance Master Card / rip off

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I have tried to get hold of them to find out my blance and why i can't use the card..i get that the card does notmatch there system.they don't show your balance online no nothing at all.. but they show when your payment is do too.

Ev

Comments

• Cr
      3rd of Jul, 2008

They rip you off and rack up charges, they also have no good numbers to talk to anyone concerning your card.

4th of Aug, 2008

I so much agree with all complaints! I'm having the same experience with them...started off with charges coming off balance, leaving me with around $50, ok but, rarely used the card and I have an outrageousbalance. They also did the same thing to me as far as taking unauthorized payments from my bank and another credit card causing me overdrafts AND they also charged me 3 overdraft fees on one payment when I had the proof that the payment had been cleared through my bank. I tried to talk with someone about this but got absolutely nowhere! They have had people call me from home phone #s, as private callers, they have used different names such as "fastpay" or something like that.

They have called many times in one day, my answereing machine is usually loaded with hang-ups, my Grandson was killed on Mother's Day and we asked them to stop calling during this time but it continued anyway. This experience with them has been a nightmare! I don't know what I owe now because the balance is always changing and I don't even use the card...and at this point, I don't really care!

I understand that there is a website called "twitter" also for complaints, that's my next step.

• Ha
      25th of Aug, 2008

continental finance is a rip off i would make my payments and get late fees charged it got to the point that i had to cancel the card now i am trying to pay my balance off and these ungrateful POS's are still charging me a maintenance fee along with the late charge and overlimit fee the person i talked with said i could make payment of at least fifty dollars until the balance was paid in full but according to my statement and my account is still active and the charges are still adding up when i talk to a person i get the "let me put you on hold sir" then the phone hangs up what do you do with these people at this rate i'll owe them hundreds of dollars and have never charged anything on the card. So if anyone finds out a way to take care of this company or someway to deal with them please feel free to contact me by email, signed really feed up!

• Da
      30th of Aug, 2008

Here's our continental finance story! We received bills for the first two months and when they saw that we made 2 payments a month, always twice the minimum payment on each payment, we stopped receiving our bill and got phone calls demanding payment by phone, and of course $35.00 late fee. since april of this year we` have not received a bill and we have gotten late charges every month. We have argued with them every month and they insist they have sent a bill. We hate their guts!!! Just ask Chris, the employee we took apart this month his number is 877-211-5206 ext 7040!Oh! did I forget the $35.00 a month over the limit fee they have also added on every single month. That's $70.00 each and every month in fees alone that they are charging us! Can we all get together and do something about this???

• Ad
      9th of Sep, 2008

The charges this company makes a outrageous and they should be put out of business!

• Or
      1st of Oct, 2008

THESE GHOULS PREY ON PEOPLE THAT HAVE BAD CREDIT !! AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE AND CONTACT CONSUMER PROTECTION AND REPORT THEM TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL! THEY CANT CONTINUE TO GET AWAY WITH IT! THEY ARE A MENACE TO SOCIETY

• Le
      15th of Oct, 2008

They not only do these kinds of things but when you go to make a payment, they try to charge you and additional 12.00 processing fee. Nowhere in the customer agreement does it say that they charge you 12.oo to make a payment. They are ridiculous. I refuse to pay the money owed to them. They only make your credit worse!!!

• Er
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I figured that I would find some bad things about this company when i started doing my research about them...my husband and i got one of these cards right before Christmas of last year because my husband had lost his job and we were not sure what we were going to do as far as Christmas for our children so he went online found this Continental Finance company and applied for their Mastercard and was approved, of course, for a 300.00 credit limit...we thought alright we'll be able to get the kids a little something for Christmas, well we got the card but there was only an availbable credit limit of 75.00..because they charged us ridiculous amounts of money for a one time processing fee, and activation and all that...we knew then that it was a scam..well we ended up using the card one time and used it for that 75.00, well needless to say that 75.00 charge has turned into well over 1000.00...we paid them 341.00 in February with our tax return and now we got a bill that we owe them 687.00...this company is a rip off and a scam...and even when we made that payment of 341.00 they charged us 10.00 to take the payment...what the hell is that???...stay away from this company...THEY ARE BAD NEWS!!!...we will also be contacting the Attorney General

• Co
      27th of Jul, 2010

I have a Cont Finance card and I have been very happy with it. Its probably cause I knew what I was getting my self into. Rebuilding my credit is expensive. I never had a problem with over limit fees or them not sending me the bill. I still have my Sub 10% rate too. The moral of the story is that they expect you to pay on time and not go over the limit. Just like any other CC company out there.