Continental Finance Gold Mastercard / False advertisement/dishonesty!

1 P.O. Box 30034Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-518-6141

Last month I had a problem with this company. They sent me a bill charging me a late fee and an added fee after the payment had been made. I have my payments sent by my bank so I was able to go in a get a copy of the check cashed by Continental Finance and email them a copy of the check. They corrected the problem but I'm sure they had already sent this to the credit company and I'm trying to improve my credit and that is what they claim they are here to do.

Then this month I have another problem. Like I said I have the payment set up with my bank and they made the payment. The payment schedule was preset for $50.00 since the policy stated that is the amount that would be charged as a maximum. When the bill came in the amount owed was $80.00. The bank had already sent out the $50.00 so I went bank into the account and added another $30.00 to be sent to them. This has been done and both payments fall within the grace period and they totaled the $80.00 I owed. My bill was due on the 15Th and they had both payments by the 19th. I get a bill on the 20th with an over the limit fee of $30.00 with did not occur and a late fee of $30.00 and now their saying I owe $110.00 by 12/15/2007. They got their $80.00 within the grace period so I do not know why they are trying to scam me. They advertise they are a company that helps you build your credit and they've done nothing but hurt my credit. Even having to pay $80.00 is a crock since I've never had more than $75.00 in my account because of all the fees they charge. I am so sorry I went forward with this company. They are frauds and they are not here to help better ones credit. I'm trying to pay the payments on time and that is why I set it up with my bank. They upped the amount due and I immediately went into my account to have the additional $30.00 sent. They had their $80.00 within the grace period. I'm trying to get more money on my account and this will never happen as long as they are, excuse me, screwing me, this will never happen. With all their fees, which they could have divided up through the months, then more money would be available to spend. I've never had more that $75.00 to spend in a months period. They're a useless company and I no longer want to be associated with them. If they want to try and work something out with me, like a credit increase and them sticking to the $50.00 monthly payment we might be able to work something out. THEY ARE NOT HERE TO HELP BUILD CREDIT AS THEY ADVERTISE. They are out for themselves and no one else. They are scam artist, and from reading other complaints I am not in this alone. There are a lot of people unhappy with this company and they can add me to the list. I will let everyone I know about this business and have also called the BBB to let them know of Continental Finances practices.

I look forward to someone responding to me ASAP to correct this situation.

Mary Ann Glass
maryann_usa28@hotmail.com

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Nov, 2007

Contact your state attorney general. File a complaint with the BBB. They are probably guilty of a violation of usury laws and most people either won't, cannot afford or do not know this.

Find a legal aid lawyer who might help u or look online for a class action lawsuit that might be pending against this company.

Also, start writing to local and national media and to anyone within media that will listen and get people to look into this company. Fight back.

• Ca
      27th of Feb, 2008
    Continental Finance Gold Mastercard - Fees
    Continental Finance
    Connecticut

I got a continental Gold mastercard. I was told that there was a ONE TIME fee of 50.00 upon receiving my card, by a live person. I agreed, and started using my card. Come to find out-it's 50.00 EVERY MONTH! I never would've accepted the card had I known that up front.

• Do
      17th of Nov, 2008

CONTINENTIAL FINANCE TOOK A PHONE PAYMENT FOR $50.00 HOWEEVER THEY ATTEMPTED TO TAKE OUT $100.00 SEVERAL TIMES WHICH WITHDREW MY ACCOUNT FOR OVER $75.00. THEN THEY ARE CHARING ME LATE FEES OVER LIMIT FEES. I AM DISABLED WITH LIMITED INCOME. I HAD NO PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. I HAD ALWAYS MADE MY PAYMENT TIMELY.

DJ