Continental Finance / SCAM!!!

I am filing a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Continental Finance Credit Cards.
I double paid my bill in October because they said that they had not recieved the payment (which had already posted to my bank account).
I faxed the bank statement and was told that the charges would be reversed and my payment would be applied. Now they are saying that they have no notes on this subject so "too bad".
I have NEVER been late on my bill.
This company is THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER!!!
I am now paying the card in full and washing my hands of the entire matter.

Pi

Comments

31st of Mar, 2008
    Continental Finance - Bad service
    po box 8099
    Newark
    Delaware
    Phone: 1-800-518-6141

I applied and received this card to attempt to reestablish a bad credit rating. Upon receiving the card i tried to activate it and according to the customer service department I am unable to activate it due to transposed numbers in the phone number. When asked for a copy of the application to prove this they refused.

I want this account closed and I will be filling a report with the Police Department as well as betterbusiness.

14th of Aug, 2008
    Continental Finance - Harrassment
    Alabama

I am having a time with Continental Finance as well. I got the card in order to help rebuild my poor credit ... I should have known better. I agreed with the terms of the service - I did think that the $250 in upfront charges was steep (actually it's ridiculous) - I have had the card for a year and have not once made a DENT in the money that I owe - despite paying $50 to $100 a month. They consistently ask for a minimum of $100 regardless of how much I have paid. If you make a payment early, it does no good. You still end up with a minimum balance due by set date.
    I am having financial problems right now mainly due to my bank ( RBC Centura the worst bank other than Wells Fargo) and I simply had no money to send to Continental Finace last week. They are now calling my house 8 TIMES a DAY.
    I had a similar problem a few months ago when I had to make one payment 2 days late. The next day I got 4 calls from them and then at 8 in the morning I get a call from a very rude sales representative demanding that I pay with a check by phone ( to which a $14 service charge is added that they conveniently charge to the card) - I informed her that I had already set up a payment online, and if she had my information on her computer screen she could see that a payment was scheduled. She told me that she did not have access to my information online! And STILL demanded a check by phone!
    To make everything worse- they offer NO address to write to demand that they stop harassing me. All you get is a phone number, and then you must deal with someone unwilling to work with you, and usually rude .
    This is a horrible company. I plan on trying to save the money to pay the card off, and then tell them exactly what they can do with their card.

• Ha
      25th of Sep, 2008

I too have received a slew of calls. I do, however have an address, and a name!

Beverly Knotts
    Assistant Vice President
    Customer Relations
    P.O. Box 8099
    Newark, DE 19714-8099

Hope this helps someone else get off of their "call campaign".

• Be
      16th of Oct, 2008
    Continental Finance - credit card

Continental Finance has the worst credit card ever they gave me 75 dollars credit ended up charging me over 300 dollars called 4-6 times a day when i had sent in payments i kept all records of them hounding me. there people are rude and this is a scam card should be turned over to a judge, this outfit is ripping anyone off it can and should be stopped does the better business bureau know of you people yet, the fees and the hurrahing phone calls you should be out of business..what you've done to peoples lives is criminal...unhappy and unsatisfied..scam artists is what you should call your card...

• Va
      22nd of Dec, 2008

I am trying to file against them as well. This is not right how they treat the consumers and the customer service should be called something else. I would be more than happy to start this with you.

• Lo
      20th of Feb, 2009
    Continental Finance - Rip-off
    California
    Phone: 800 518-6140

After several attempts to give them back their card after they put charges on the account that caused it to over the credit limit, and the calls of harrassment, threats of turning me into the credit bureau, I even offered to pay the the bill down to the original $250.00 credit line and give it back to them and they refused, I am trying to find out who and where I go for help in this matter. I feel that this company is trying to get rich off of the poor people who may or may not have good credit and use them, most credit card companies do not charge such high fees, unless attached to an secured credit card, this is not such a card, and the representatives lie and mislead you into activating these cards, someone needs to stop this company and put the out bussiness. If you have any way of helping, please contact me as soon as possible.

• Ra
      13th of Apr, 2010

You should sue the company-The FDIC issued a cease and desist order on June 10, 2008. The permanent order issued on Oct. 9th 2008 requires restitution to be paid to all individuals who received a card from May 2006-Oct. 9th 2008. They were cited for unlawful and deceptive marketing practices. There are no class action lawsuits. The company didn't pay people "in cash" as was required by the FDIC.

• St
      7th of Jul, 2011
    Continental Finance - trying to make me pay more than i owe
    continental finance
    Iowa

continental finance had supposedly hired a lawyer and i had talked to him today and he said that i owed $645.04 and then he told me that if i didnt pay by tomm i would then owe $3500.00 how is it that it goes from only $645 dollars to $3500 hundred dollars. i know for a fact that court costs and filing does not cost that much. so who am i really paying. i dont believe this company exists any longer because i tried to call there number and it was disconnected

• Hi
      2nd of Aug, 2013

I have always paid my bills on time and before even being due, I only accepted the card as a form of credit building, and what they have done is to the contrary. Last month my bank account was frozen due to suspicious activity, and once it was all cleared up I called Continental Finance to make a payment, they claimed that I owed a $25 late fee and another $35 late fee that just posted. I asked why the late fee is $25 and then changes to $35, the "Very Rude" customer service rep said because we can charge you as we please, and that is made clear on their agreement. I informed him that I only read $25 on the agreement, and he answered, if you use this card and pay late we can charge you what we want. My credit limit is $300 he claims I owe $409. I feel that I am being taking advantage of and don't feel I should pay more than $325. They have already reported a late payment on my credit. I would like to know what can be done against these crooks, and how can I be protected from this kind of thievery?

• Fl
      11th of Jan, 2016

Yep, they are ripoff artists...report to the new Consumer Finance protection agency.

• Hi
      12th of Jan, 2016

It's horrible the elderly should be protected not taken advantage of by these kinds of people

• Va
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Continental Finance - Terrible experience
    continentalfinance.net

This Continental Finance credit card company is a joke. I had applied for this card online and as soon as I got the card someone from continental finance called me and wanted me to pay 50.00 over the phone. They kept insisting I pay the amount. By the time I even got the card, there was almost 200.00 in fees. The customer service people there are very rude, do not be late with a payment because the fees are outrageous!!! They will call constantly every single day!!! Do Not Get This Card. they are a rip off. I wish I would have know about this card before I got it!

• Es
      20th of Nov, 2017

I am currently going through the same situation right now. The VERVE card and the CREDIT ONE CARD. I even have milestone card but its in good standing. They lie!!! They call you up and set up automatic banking account monthly debits from your checking account. Then 6 months later they charge off your account killing your credit. I'm currently in the process of going after them legally to be a STOP to their nonsense. They seem to want to play above the law. Especially targeting people who are rebuilding their credit. They LIE!!! I won't stop until I get justice for myself and everyone!!!