Continental Airlines / Continental kicked me off my flight!

New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I booked my flight in January, 2017 for May 20, 2017. The flight was from Newark international airport to Las Vegas McCarran Airport. My ticket and my friend Erica's ticket were booked under the same reservation with the same credit card.
Two days before the flight, we went on the website to confirm the flight and to see if we could book our seats next to eachother. The website said that Erica's ticket has been cancelled.
We immediately called up Continental's customer service number and were both on hold for over 45 minutes (by this time it was approaching midnight). The customer service representative said that Erica's flight was cancelled online and the only way to get her back on the flight was by paying the current day's price of the flight (over $800, we paid $288 originally). They would not even give us the credit for what we already paid, that was lost, and the only thing they could do is waive the $200 cancellation fee.
Neither of us cancelled the flight online. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager was EXTREMELY rude (named Robin Morris) and told us that the reservation was split, and that my flight was still booked, but Erica's was cancelled. She kept insisting that it was us that cancelled it, and accused us of lying. She said "either she doesn't go, or you pay the $800 to get her back on the flight". When I asked if there was anybody higher up that I could speak to she said she was the highest up. (by now it is past 12:30).
After Erica, Erica's father, and I all tried calling customer service to get this issue resolved with no success, we decided to go to Newark airport to see if there was somebody we could speak to in person. On the way to the airport, I decided to give it another shot by calling Continetal Customer Service again. The lady I spoke to then was the most fishy out of everyone. She listened to the details of my problem and then put me on hold for about a half hour while she looked into it until she came back to the phone.
She said that Erica's flight was cancelled a month prior to when we called, and that mine was also, but that somebody named Michael called up the day before and reinstated me on the flight. I asked if my card was charged anything extra, and she said no. (Michael is my boyfriend, and a joint member of my Continental onepass account) Michael never called them up. I asked why they couldn't just simply reinstate Erica's flight like they did mine, and they said we would have to pay the difference (at this point, 2 hours later the flight was over $1000).So i said, "so you're saying the flight went from $288 which we paid originally to over $1000?" and she replied "Yes." which i knew was a lie because my sister was travelling the same day as us on a Delta flight, and had wanted to switch on to flight but didnt because it had been over $800 the entire week before the flight.
I asked why I wouldn't be notified about all of these changes taking place to our flight and they insisted that they sent emails that were received by my email address. (I only received emails with specials from continental.com and my onepass statements because i am a Continental debit card holder)
I finally had my boyfriend call and he spoke to a nice gentleman who put Erica back on the flight with no problem, but by this time it was past 3 am. I had all of my finals the next day and was up all night. But in any case, I dont understand why they did it for Michael and not me or Erica, when he had nothing to do with our reservations. He could have been a terrorist, stalker, or serial killer, and they wouldn't know. I fly with Continental about 3 times per year and I am extremely concerned for my safety and security. I was up all night and it was one of the worst customer service experiences that I have ever been through. Something must be done to their website to ensure the safety of their online customers.

Comments

• Jk
      Jan 21, 2009
    Continental - I got burned by Continental, just like the passengers of flight 1404
    Continental Airlines
    Colorado

On December 20, 2017, at 12:13 PM, I received notification from Continental Airlines, that my flight CO529, confirmation AGHMGV, due to leave Denver International Airport (DIA) at 6:25 PM for Newark International Airport, had been canceled. I was due to fly with my wife and son, to join our three daughters who had flown earlier, to New Jersey to spend Christmas with family. I was told that there were no flights until December 23. I immediately purchased three one way tickets on Frontier Airlines, at a cost of $1, 705.50 for the three of us. While we were in flight to New Jersey, at approximately 7:00 PM, Continental called my phone to tell me that flight CO 529 was reinstated and it would leave around 10:30 PM on December 20, 2017. Of course I did not recieve that message until I landed in Newark, and that was too late to be of any use to us and it was past the scheduled departure time of the canceled flight.

Tonight, January 21, 2017, I called Continental airlines, to get them to pay for my Frontier tickets, and they refused, but did offer to refund the unused portion of my original ticket, which should amount to about $538.50, which leaves me out $1, 167.00 for this event which was 100% the fault of Continental. Obviously someone was very hasty in canceling the flight in the first place. I hope that you can help me get Continental to pay for their error.

Ironically, my Frontier flight was right behind Continental Airlines flight 1404, which crashed and burned right in front of us at DIA. So I was not the only one to get burned by Continental Airlines that night.

• Un
      Oct 06, 2010

• Un
      Oct 06, 2010

Aug 30, 2011
    Continental - told me i defaulted on a loan i never got and said i would be arrested
    continental
    near cohoken new jersey
    New York
    Phone: 646- 918-5959

I PUT IN MY INFO, AND NOT 2 SECONDS LATER MY WIFES PHONE RANG, AND THIS GUY SAID HIS NAME WAS JACK ADAMS. MY WIFE DID NOT ANSWER I WAS NOT EVEN OFF OF THE COMPUTER WHEN MY PHONE RANG, SO I LET IT GO TO VOICEMAIL, THE MESSAGE SAID: I BETTER CONTACT "OFFICER JACK ADAMS" ABOUT AN URGENT MATTER. HE SAID THAT I WOULD BE ARRESTED FOR SURE TOMORROW MORNING! I HAD NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I CALLED HIM AND ASKED WHAT THIS WAS ABOUT, AND HE SAID THAT I BETTER TAKE CARE OF THIS LOAN I DEFAULTED ON, AND AND I NEVER HAD A LOAN FROM ANYONE. I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO PUT IN MY PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND I CALLED THE POLICE. THERE PROBABLY TRYING TO GET PEOPLES INFO, THEN THREATEN THEM WITH BEING ARRESTED, AND THEN PEOPLE GET SCARED AND PAY THEM WHAT THEY ASK FOR! WELL IM ONTO YOUR SCAM AND YOUR AD IS BEING WATCHED. SO I KNOW YOUR IN NEW YORK SO STOP[ TRYING TO THREATEN PEOPLE WITH YOUR FRAUDELANT SCAM. PEOPLE WORK HARD, AND YOUR NAME IS NOT JACK ADAMS! YOU COULD NOT EVEN TALK VERY GOOD ENGLISH. BEWARE OF THE CREDIT CARD SCAMS. THERE AFTER THE MCDONALDS SURVEY. MCDONALDS HAS NO PART OF THIS! "TO BE CLEAR"

Jun 03, 2016
    Continental - Never Fly with them
    Continental

My son booked a flight from Germany to the States for the funeral of his Grandmother, I gave him my Debit card nuber and all the information to pay for the flight, the funds were withdrawn from my account and everything was OK until he arrived at the Frankfurt Airpport to be told the funds weren't verified, hours on hold with Continental was like dealing with Peggy on the TV ads, thay are so worried they might not get their money, they don't care how much trouble they cause their customers. NEVER EVER fly Continetal.

Refund the cost of the flight and apologize to my son, who is a Medivac in the Air Force, risking his life for them and our country. Greed has a way of coming back and biting you, they need to be taught a lesson, I intend to see the media learns of this.