ConsumerSavingCenter.com / Scam

Hey folks, I'm new here but not to freebie sites. Some of you will recognize me from fipg.. anyway, I just found a site offering a 42" LCD HDTV (Your choice of a Philips or Panasonic) for 8 offers + 1 referral. The offers selection is awesome and there are incredibly easy ones on ALL pages. I am all over this site, but just want to know if there's any reason I shouldn't consider them legit.. I want to know if they're part of a bigger network or not. They're using the same script as YFDirect, and I guess all the other DIY sites, but I dunno if they're part of a bigger network. If you guys know anything, please let me know!

ConsumerSavingCenter.com will bring you to a page for free laptops. I don't know how to get back to the TV site other than my referral link, sorry. If you want the link though, you can PM me for it. I found it by clicking some random banner ad.

Ho

Comments

• Ar
      22nd of Jul, 2010

I was offered a free laptop if i completed and purchased trial offer promotions. I completed all the offers, and have been trying to claim my laptop. I keep getting redirected to more pages of offers, and can't get a confirmation on the completion of the
    order. How can I resolve this. I've alread completed all the offers I need to get this laptop. I don't want to keep spending money
    for items I'm probably going to return anyway. Please help with this. Thank you.
    Arianna Marie Colombo

• My
      24th of Jul, 2010

All those free laptops or free deals for anything expensive are bogus. No one will get a thing. And you have to be careful if they ask you for any personal information during any step of those registrations or ask you for a credit card number. That's how many scammers steal personal information.

For the others its just a way to collect your email address to later propagate junk mail in your name or send a virus. Never open an email that says "Free Laptop" you can also open a virus or let them know its a valid email so they can bombard you with thousands more spam mail.

• My
      24th of Jul, 2010

Oh and there's a company sending emails for low price name brand computers. ELERUSH.COM, stay clear of them. Big, big scam. Selling $1, 800 laptops for $550.00 and other high end electronics for a steal.
    They are based in China and payment methods are either Western Union, Wire transfer or Money Gram. (right there is the tip for scam)
    They will also let you pay with PayPal but only if you buy $3, 500 worth.

Many complaints that they never send items and then blame US customs for problem and make you send more money to resolve the problem.

Their emails almost always go to the spam folder. So that is why never ever answer or deal with anyone from a spam message.

12th of Dec, 2010

I found the site corrupt not forth coming maybe im new but some of the companyies take money ask for your e mail but only 2 out of 9 notify you they are also the scam take your cash and no notification about it GOOD LUCK