Consumers Energy / Poor customer service
1) It will take at minimum 15 minutes upon calling the only number given to be forwarded to an account manager - so if you have problems you had better have at least half an hour available to wait on hold
2) I signed up for online access to my account - BIG mistake. Now I cannot receive paper bills in the mail anymore. I called customer service, after waiting for 25 minutes I was told that "our system does not currently allow online accounts to receive paper bills in the mail".
"Yes, I understand that is the way YOUR system is set up, but why can't I still receive my paper bill?"
"Sir, our system is not currently set up..."
You can see where this conversation with the so-called 'service representative' went. I currently have many online services with various companies. Discover Card, Bank of America, Charter Communications, Verizon Wireless, Western Michigan University (I attend), Chase Visa All these businesses allow me internet access to my account and send me paper bills through the mail. There is no excuse for a company the size of Consumers Energy not to do likewise.
Furthermore, there was no warning prior to sending an online payment that there would be a stop to my receiving paper bills in the mail. I feel that this in a form of business entrapments for the following two reasons:
a) Internet billing is cheap - VERY cheap - the business is already saving money by not having to post bills through the mail.
b) Online payments are fast - and cheap - compared to check processing. In a nutshell you can save over 80% of the labor costs involved with payment processing if it is done electronically instead of having to log checks brought in and then have them deposited.
I can understand wanting to save money, but to force me to save them money by not allowing me a paper bill is unsatisfactory.
More Consumers Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Consumers Energy - Put unpaid sons gas bill on mine 
- Consumers Energy - State of mi energy draft
- Consumers Energy - meter move out 
- Consumers Energy - Paying for Someone Elses Use 
- Consumers Energy - Budget Plan Scam 
- Consumers Energy - service call
- Consumers Energy - gas service
- Consumers Energy - appliance service dept 
- Consumers Energy - power pole supplying residences temporary "fix" and no one has returned
- Consumers Energy - electric service