ConsumerGain.com / Fraud and misrepresentation!

I signed up to receive a $500 Toys-R-Us gift card. I simply had to complete two offers from each of three pages. Well, despite their claim that they have an "extensive selection" on each page, they have only two offers on page three. That means that I need to select both offers, which are credit cards I already have. When I pointed out to ConsumerGain that I cannot select either of the offers on page three, they refused to allow me to substitute offers from one of the other two pages.

So, they violated their own Terms and Conditions and have made it impossible to fulfill the requirements. I believe they are guilty of fraud and misrepresentation, and they had no intention of allowing anyone to receive the gift card.

Comments

• Ri
      28th of Sep, 2006

I responded to an e-mail offer from Consumer Gain, promising a Gateway Laptop for responding to two offers from associated advertisers. I completed applications from CitiBank and Discover for a credit card. This is the second time I've completed one of their offers, and I'd best see my free laptop this time around, or I promise I'll become their worst nightmare! Thanks.

• Ni
      12th of Nov, 2006

I did you ad for toysrus and did two of the offers, now I would like to know how to get my card.
    Nina Gillson
    jezebel@iowatelecom.net

• Mi
      2nd of Dec, 2006

I did an ad for a Home Depot $500.00 gift card. I fulfilled all there requirments and never recieved my card. My attorney is looking into the fraud aspect of it.

30th of Dec, 2006

Did Consumer Gain ever send the Gateway Laptop to you???

• St
      24th of Jan, 2007

I filled out offers for a five hundred dollar macys card and every time i clicked on receive my card i got more offers!!! What can i do to get my card? Shouldn't they be in trouble for that its false advertisement.

27th of Mar, 2007

I spent almost 2 hours on line trying to get my free $500 gift card from Macy's. As steve commented in his complaint every time I tried to get the card, I just received more offers. I signed up for posters, health products, etc. and ConsumerGain.com sure took my money for that part of the deal. My husband is an attorney and I am going to have him check it out for me. However, I can't even find an e-mail address for contacting ConsumerGain.com. Can someone help me?

• Rj
      28th of Mar, 2007
    ConsumerGain.com - Fraud and cheating!

This company has you fill out page after page of offers and finally when you choose one, you are lead to a dead end instead of receiving a reward. Total SCAM! Don't join CONSUMERGAIN.COM!

• Ko
      29th of Mar, 2007

I completed all the offers, and now the website is gone!!!

• Su
      4th of May, 2007

I got myself into a mess. I notified all subscriptions i was canceling and why. The 'claim' they will refund amounts charged to my credit card. I am filing a fraud action with the state of arizona attorney general and the federal attorney general i was supposed to get a $500.00 victoria secret card. Well i know what the 'secret' is! And its not victoria!!!

• Ll
      31st of May, 2007

Went through all of their offers to get gift card and haven't gotten card!

12th of Aug, 2007

Once again someone has taken advantage of me.I have no idea what this company is about nor did I give them permission to take money out of my bank account. I intend to pursue this to the fullest extent and to get my money back!!
    All of you good people out there lets stay on top of this crap and all get our money back! This is not over by a long shot.

14th of Aug, 2007

I also got ripped off by this company called Ever Private. I intend to pursue this matter. I was lucky my bank caught it this time, but what about the next time, I might not be so lucky. My intention is to wipe it off the face of the earth so it can not do any more innocent people hardship.

• Ti
      5th of Sep, 2007

Yes, consumergain.com needs to be upfront and list how many 999.999 winners they have and list how many pay off.

23rd of Sep, 2007

I did the one on the gateway laptop last month and still have not heard anything at all from you all about this. not a very good way of doing buniness at all at. You do not miss lead the concumer about anything as you have done very poor partice on your part and the peolpe you do buniness with as far as I can see this a on line scams.

• So
      30th of Sep, 2007

I was also suckered in, but now it's under promotionalpalace.com. I got the link from a comment from one of my friends on myspace. I signed up for four offers...including posterpass.com, which is also a scam....I will be calling the Better Business Bureau ASAP!!!

• Pa
      7th of Oct, 2007

I was also lured into purchasing services, etc with a promise to win a laptop. There was no end to the survey.
    This is cleary a scam!!!

• Jg
      9th of Oct, 2007

I was researching a horse back riding trip in southern Utah when I received a flashing alert across the screen that I was the 999,999. Person to login to this web site and that I had won a $500.00 gift cert. So I chose cert that I wanted. There system then prompted be to sign up for other programs or I would not receive the cert. I had a feeling that this was a scam in first place so I just logged off the web site thinking the whole thing was over. Come to find out they considered me a member of there org. and were soliciting my web site to other company's as soon as I discovered this I requested they discontinue my membership but my e-mail continues to be bombarded with trash mail. I think consumerism are misleading and fraudulent and I hope somebody sues the hell out of them!

9th of Oct, 2007

Sites like promotionalpalace.com and macysgc.com and many others are bogus. If you do a whois on them, they are registered to either bogus people with fake info, or a proxy company which hides the criminal's identity. We need to start tracking these people down and beating them to death.

• Al
      12th of Oct, 2007

I can't believe I fell for this con. Promotionalpalace.com is a fraud!!!! I signed up for several offers thinking I'd just cancel once I got my gift cards. No gift cards!!!!! Canceling is proving next to impossible and I'm worried about the fact that I gave out my social number as well as mothers maiden name. Stupid! I don't usually fall for things like this and am now so mad at myself for falling for this fraud. These people are criminals! I'm going to cancel my credit card and get a new number so the other monthly charges don't go through.

15th of Oct, 2007

Here is some contact info for consumer gains. I don't know if it is active but it's all I could find.

Everyone should call their attorney generals office and talk to consumer complaints.

This needs to be stopped ...it's fraud and they are getting money
    and personal information from peope.

Company Info for consumergain.com: