Consumer Services / Unsolicited telephone calls several times a week

For over a year this "company calls" and says this is my last chance to take advantage of. . . (I can't remember how the next part is worded) then they say to stay on the line. Several times i have stayed on and asked them not to call me any more. They hang up. The other day i stayed on the line and when they answered i started to say, "i want you not to call me any more" and i got as far as "i want to" and the woman on the other end said something very vulger and hung up. I was stunned. Today when they called i stayed on the line, a man identified himself as "will" from "consumer services" and i listened to his speel long enough for him to pause and i said, "put me on your no call list - do not call me again, thank you. "
What else can i do?

Ka

Comments

• Na
      30th of Sep, 2008

I have received calls from this "company" too -- same experience as you. Go to donotcall.gov and put yourself on the do not call registry. After you have been registered on the national do not call list for a month, if this company calls you again, you can go back to donotcall.gov and file a complaint. It doesn't guarantee they won't call again, but with enough complaints, law enforcement can go after these crooks.

• Mi
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I'm getting the same call. They claim, because they make you press 1 to talk to someone, that they didn't call me, I called them and, therefore, it is not a prohibited call.

• Mi
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Natalia,

I'm on the Do Not Call list and they still call me. Also, there is not enough to report them. No Caller ID and all they give is a generic name called "Consumer Services"

• La
      8th of Oct, 2008
    Consumer Services - Multiple unsolicited calls
    Phone: 801-466-1087

this a random dialer that calls all of my phone numbers (3) several times per week. when i try to get to an agent it is a long wait time or they take my complaint and do nothing. other friends report the same thing.

they state that my auto warranty is expiring and this is the last time to renew!

• Co
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I am getting the same calls. I have pressed 2 to have them stop calling, talked to them, etc... trying to get removed. I have filed complaints. I even tried to get on the Canadian do not call list due to that is where this company is calling from but they do not allow US numbers on their list. This is an issue that needs to be brought up to congress due to they are calling my cell phone.

9th of Feb, 2009

I have also received these phone calls. My caller ID lists the following number: 5-062-257-2050. I agree they are rude and uncooperative when you attempt to gain any information regarding who they are and what specific company they represent. When I indicated I am on the do not call list, they simply hung up.

• Pa
      13th of Mar, 2009

I've received several of these calls over the two weeks. I get the same message as you all, have stayed on the line to ask which card they are referencing and got hung up on. I called one of my credit card companys and reported to them of the call, I actually had a number come up and gave them the number. If you try to call the number back, its tells you it is no longer is service. My card company is researching and will file a complaint. I've received two more calls this week, the first indicated no number and the second did. I also did as several of you have an pressed the number to remove from their calling list. I have noted the time and number they called today. I will be calling my card service again with this infomation. They are there to help us, so try calling your credit card company; CitiBank is very interested in these calls we are getting.

28th of Apr, 2009

how do you get off of this call list

28th of Apr, 2009

Stop the calls

• Ro
      6th of Jun, 2009

Even though I'm on the national do-not-call list, I today received such a call. When asked for a name, a business name, and a business address, all I got was the name Joy and business name Consumer Services. When asked why they weren't checking the do-not-call registry, Joy said I shouldn't have pressed the digit '1', as if I'd originated the call ... NOT ... and hung up.

The caller ID listed phone number 1-804-234-9010 (VA, USA) and it was answered by an auto-attendant, to which I didn't respond.

• Dr
      27th of Jun, 2009
    Consumer Services - Harrassing phone calls
    Consumer Services

I am registered with do not call and they called my number 7 times yesterday and when I called them back to ask them to please stop calling the lady said whatever and hung up on me. This company should be shut down and prosecuted for FCC violations.

14th of Jun, 2012

I receive several calls a day from this entity. No caller ID available, so can't trace the source phone number. Recorded message threatening "last chance to take advantage of" some sort of bogus government grant that would lower my credit card interest rates. Today, I pressed 1 to speak to a person. The person went into a selling spiel when I asked my phone number be removed from their records. I stopped him and asked his company name and details. He said his company name is "Consumer Services", that he could not give me any phone number for his company, that he could not take me off their calling list, that I could not speak to a manager, and then he hung up on me. Next time I receive a call, I will gather all the information possible as though I'm interested in purchasing, use as much of their time as possible, but not give them any of my true personal details. I will use all the information I gather to file complaints with every organization available.

• De
      7th of Aug, 2014

I have tried everything. I even let them go thru the spiel and pretend I"m interested. They lie and say my creditors recommended them. Then I tell them they are liars because I filed a bankruptcy and have not reestablished my credit. I have't had a credit card in years! They always hang up, but not before I've wasted THEIR time, like they waste mine. They are trolling for people who are gullible. Now when I see them or any unknown name on caller id, I don't answer. I think the only way to get rid of them is to stop them from being successful in reaching people.

• De
      7th of Aug, 2014

1-804-234-9010 if this is the number, we can report this to FTC. If everyone does it, someone will act in some way!

• Na
      15th of Oct, 2014

I am on the DoNotCall list, and I get calls from them 3-5 times a day. They call from at least 6 different numbers, one time mimicing my phone number. They have identified themselves on caller id as a veteran's group, a flooring company, and a doctors office--same spiel each time! When I contact someone, I get hung up on! They are criminals, nothing less.

• St
      1st of Nov, 2014

I think we should start trying to find out where they are physically located. Pool resources, find a class action lawyer to file suit in that jurisdiction, on standing of violation of law & public nuisance. Sue for punitive damages, name every employee from CEO to janitor and every (if any) work-at-home contractor. OK, lawyers will get all the money if they win, but it's not what we get that's important, it's how badly they get hurt.

• Re
      7th of Nov, 2014

I start receiving calls when I filed bankruptcy. After reading some commets I wonderling is there a connections. I'm on the national do-not-call list not helping. I put a block on the first number and they called again with a new number. I put a block on the new and they change the number again and call. I have put a block on five telephone numbers on my phone. This is over harrassment.They keep calling as if they are trying to force you give them information to their scam. I can't understand why there is no class action law suit as well. Unless the bankruptcy attorney are in on this. These people are link to someone and how are you getting money to have different numbers making all these calls. My home needs peace and it piss me off when I get up and its them calling "Consumer Service". A good hell bound curse is what they need.

• Eh
      14th of Nov, 2014

I see these complaints go back to 2008. 6 years later and it's still going on. These folks call be almost everyday and sometimes several times a day. As with other when I tell them I'm on the do not call list they hang up right away. on a few times I attempted to get a manager or supervisor on the line but I guess they know why and they hang up. I even listened to their spell to see if I can find who they are actually working for. But they are slick and know when you are just fishing for info on them. I just hope someone in government does something about this long running scam.

• Fr
      5th of Dec, 2014

These guys have been bothering me for more than a year with daily calls, sometimes more.Once i held the line and told the person to stop calling but he/she hung up immediately.I bought a new phone which has call blocking and have blocked this phony company on ~15 different area codes/phone nos.but they just keep shifting around, always calling me from a new area code each time, which i then block.
    I hope that someday they all get arrested for endlessly bothering people.

• Jw
      5th of Dec, 2014

I also have gotten these calls, have tried everything to get them to stop. Have went on my telephones website and started blocking numbers but how many call centers do they have? Called one place to file a complaint and was told they are trying to get them stopped. Hasn't happened so how do we get them to stop disconnect our phones??