Consumer Research and Marketing solutions / SCAM the sent me a fraudulent check

13318 N 76th StScottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 602 3772538
i recieved a letter and a check in the mail for 4, 922$ with instructions on how to spend about 4 thousand of the money and as their secret shopper i would fill out reviews and get to keep 7 hundred dollars, well the bank cleared the check and then i spent the money the way they wanted me to, and then about a week later the bank called and shut down my accounts and i owed them money! this is such bull ### im a college student who is working hard to pay for a car and school, i want my 4 thousand dollars back

Comments

Aa
  4th of Nov, 2008
sorry everyone the phone number i put above was typed incorrectly the phone number of the company was 1-647-829-7039
and the address was 575 madison avenue new york, ny 10022
Gi
  6th of Apr, 2009
I just recieved a letter like that as well. I didn't used the funds but tried to cash it. When the bank said there was going to be a hold on the money because it might not be paid out I decided not to spend it. May letter does not have an address it was a PO Box in Edmond, Ok.

The person who sent the letter wanted me to money gram transfer $3285.25 to him. I called the number and spoke with a guy named Anthony Miles. He told me to get the cash and then he was going to walk me through my next steps.

I beleive he wanted me to wire him some money that I was never going to see again. Thank god I decided to check online for reports on this so called Consumer Research and Marketing Solutions thing. If not I would have been out a lot of money. I asked him how it as that I was chosen to be a part of this "Secret Shoppers" thing and he said he obtained my information from Career Builders and/or Monster.com. This just happened so the money hasn't cleared my account and I do not think it will. I am going to call my bank and have them cancel it and notify them of this scam going on.
Bf
  6th of May, 2009
I too was a person who got a check in the mail for 3895.25. I thought I got lucky or something so I was about to cash the check. Thankfully my bank has just closed and when I got home I checked it out on the internet. All the warnings and complaints made me realize that im not that desperate for the money and dont want to go threw with all the trouble. Im younge and this would be a huge mistake.
Ms
  13th of May, 2009
I also received a check in the mail of $3, 895.25. I was like, "Damn, today is my lucky day...but then was iffie on how they wanted me to spend it. I said to myself are they serious, they want me to spent about 4 g's and i cant do anything i want with it...then my boyfriend told me to burn it because it was a scam and sure enough i checked online to see about it because i called twice and no one answered and when it finally did pick up it was in french. Like i know what there saying that was just another tip to throw that check away. But I'm so tempted just like many people to want the money and need it, so just for haha's i went to the check cashing place to see if i can get the cash but what do u know...to large of an amount