Consumer Research Agency / Scam billing

207 Park Avenue BlvdSaskatchewan, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 514-561-6777
I received a check/letter in the mail for 3950.00 for deposit in my bank. I was ask to be a mystery shopper for Walmart. Then to take the remainder of the money 3, 430.00 and Money Gram it to someone named Jennifer Brown. I did as they ask after it set in my bank for 5 days.

At that point it cleared or so I thought. I pulled the money out of my account and the next day they sent me a letter stating that I owed them 3950.00. So I called the bank they accused me of knowing that the check was fake. Now this puts me at legal risk. So immediately went to my bank to show proof that I thought it was legit. The manager at that point basically to bad so sad . You still owe this back to us. Then told me they were going to close my account.

I have a son who is disabled and receives a government check. This month I had no way to pay my bills. It was Direct Deposit I missed the cut off by 3 days. So not only did they screw up my credit I lost my checking account and have to struggle with 4 boys for the next month.
Va

Comments

La
  6th of Nov, 2008
You fell for a scam - hook line and sinker.
You reacted to FREE Money and learned a very expensive lesson!
You have no one to blame but yourself.

You apparently have internet access as you have posted this on at least one other complaint board. In that posting you stated you called the company and they seemed legit - Of course they did! That's the whole point of the scam.

However if you did an internet search on Mystery Shopping Scams - you would have known it was bogus. And this never would have happened. You have to be smarter!

No company is going to send real checks to people like they did to you in hopes that they will follow the Mystery Shopping instructions provided. You have to be associated with legitimate Mystery Shopping Affiliates and APPLY for the jobs.

Yes - you have to pay the bank back -
Also don't fall for the Lottery Scams either - you will not recieve a check to pay taxes with. It likely since they scammed you with Mystery Shopping - they will send the Lottery scam next.

NEVER CASH CHECKS YOU WERE NOT EXPECTING TO RECEIVE AND NEVER WIRE TRANSFER MONEY TO PEOPLE YOU DO NOT KNOW!