Consumer Portfolio Services / Phone calls and Late fees

1 MI, United States Review updated:

This is the worst car loan company ever!!! your payment is a couple days late they start calling you non stop! I thought most normal car loan lenders at least give you a 14 day grace period before they start calling not these guys oh no! 2 days late they are calling. I also have noticed that every month that you are late on a car payment your late fees go UP! isn't that against the law? Arent the late fees supposed to be fixed amounts? Not go up every month? I am almost ready for them to come and take the car so I can end the headache! they are very unwilling to work with you in any way shape or form. I lost my job in 2008 and took a big pay cut when I got on unemployment and they seemed like they had the attitude hey its your problem not mine and wanted to know what condition the car was in and proceeded to ask questions about the condition of the car rather than try and figure out a resolution to my payment problems!

Comments

Ms
  23rd of Sep, 2009

This company is the worse place ever to get financing from. The people who work for this company have no hearts. They only care about your payment and that is it. They don't care what your situation is, only that they hav a job. They want to tell you how you should be handling your finances and that they are not a bank. I tried to refinance my car and was told "we are not a bank" Well I know that, but you are in the business of lending and receiving money so therefore you as the company should be more flexible in how you treat your clients. I think that alot people who have dealt with CPS were too scared to say anything until now. We need to ge this company investigate for the all the harrassing phone calls and what I feel are illegal practices. If they were a bank maybe they would treat people more fairly oir run the risk of the losing their jobs. Then were would they be. They are more concern with the car then the person paying for the car. I love to tell them the car is a different color and it's parked on the side of the road. And I never know how many miles is on it. I feel they have enough information on that car they don't need to ask the same stupid questions over and over again. Whom ever is the president & ceo of this he or she needs to bve taken out and flogged. or have their phones ringing all the time about a car payment. Or better yet the threat of their car being taken way and see how they feel.

Ju
  23rd of Nov, 2009

I too have had the same exact problem with this company. I have come to the conclusion that this is a govt owned company. Because they break every law that can be broken and they are still in business, it leads me to believe that the govt set up this company to give the poorest of poor and those that struggle the most to pay their debts for whatever reason, a loan to get a car so they can continue to work. A person with a car is much more likely to be responsible then someone who doesn't have a car. If it wasn't a govt owned company there is no way they wouldn't have been sued. I would like to start a civil law suit. I would like to get everyone that has had any kind of bad experience with this company an opportunity to take part in this law suit. If you are interested in moving forward with me, please email me at julesbydesign@yahoo.com. In the subject line please post CPS Car issues. If you would forward me an email with what you have gone thru with this company and any contact info you feel comfortable sharing, I promise you I will do my best to expose these people in our court system. This company went into my daughters checking account a second month in a row, and took payment, even though they were told several times that they could only take one months payment. The lady then said to my daughter we will be taking next months payment as well. My daughter said no, they didn't have her permission to go in there any other time but the payment she was calling for. They went ahead and stole the money out of her account the next month without any kind of contact or permission. I too have suffered all the same phone harassment as well as having all my family members being told that they were coming to repo my car. Again, I will be shopping for an attorney and filing a class action law suit. If the govt is behind this, it needs to be exposed, if this is an American company doing business in America, then they need to abide by the laws in America and calling and threatening and stealing money from our accounts is not the way we do business in a law abiding country. Email me if you are interested in joining this civil lawsuit. julesbydesign@yahoo.com