Consumer Portfolio Services / Unauthorized payments taken

1 P.O. Box 53070Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 866 325 4568

I authorized a payment of 117.00 to be taken out of my account for my car note and they took out an unauthorized payment of 266.99 after telling me it went through for 117.00 and giving me a confirmation number.

Ms

Comments

• Be
      18th of Jan, 2009

This company, CPS, refuses to accept my payments, and actually sent them back. Now, I have been reported to the credit bureaus as non payment on my loan. They have called my son's cell, which was never given to them, and to make matters worse, they called a friend of mine and even emailed her, never gave out her info either.
    They are now threatening me with a detective telling me to either surrender the vehicle or pay the full balance, which is 22000 dollars.
    Something needs to be done to this company. I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission, the BBB, and the Attorney General in CA for assistance. They even lied to the Attorney General's complaint form. They are a rip-off company and someone needs to get a class action suit going against them. I for one, want to see them fall, since they have harassed me, threatened me, cussed me out, and now bothering friends.
    CPS also told me they would make sure I would never be able to get an other vehicle.
    If anyone wants to start a suit against them, count me in. I know for a fact, they are not used at about 5 dealerships where I live because of their tactics to comsumers.
    Let's get them, let's stop this company from ruining our credit any worse than it may be now.

• Ju
      23rd of Nov, 2009

I too have had the same exact problem with this company. I have come to the conclusion that this is a govt owned company. Because they break every law that can be broken and they are still in business, it leads me to believe that the govt set up this company to give the poorest of poor and those that struggle the most to pay their debts for whatever reason, a loan to get a car so they can continue to work. A person with a car is much more likely to be responsible then someone who doesn't have a car. If it wasn't a govt owned company there is no way they wouldn't have been sued. I would like to start a civil law suit. I would like to get everyone that has had any kind of bad experience with this company an opportunity to take part in this law suit. If you are interested in moving forward with me, please email me at julesbydesign@yahoo.com. In the subject line please post CPS Car issues. If you would forward me an email with what you have gone thru with this company and any contact info you feel comfortable sharing, I promise you I will do my best to expose these people in our court system. This company went into my daughters checking account a second month in a row, and took payment, even though they were told several times that they could only take one months payment. The lady then said to my daughter we will be taking next months payment as well. My daughter said no, they didn't have her permission to go in there any other time but the payment she was calling for. They went ahead and stole the money out of her account the next month without any kind of contact or permission. I too have suffered all the same phone harassment as well as having all my family members being told that they were coming to repo my car. Again, I will be shopping for an attorney and filing a class action law suit. If the govt is behind this, it needs to be exposed, if this is an American company doing business in America, then they need to abide by the laws in America and calling and threatening and stealing money from our accounts is not the way we do business in a law abiding country. Email me if you are interested in joining this civil lawsuit. julesbydesign@yahoo.com

31st of May, 2011

This company is definitely a rip-off, the "customer service" representatives are extremely rude and I cannot believe that they can get away with the way the speak to people. I will definitely join in on a class action suit as they fraudulently took money from my account as well stating I told them they could - which I did not. I had to close my bank account and open a new one as a result. I'm emailing you NOW!