Consumer Portfolio Services / Multiple Daily phone Calls

Homestead, FL, United States Review updated:

I am less then 30 days past due on my car payment with Consumer Portfolio Services and they send emails threatening me with with repo of my vehicle, I was told by serveral of the personel who work their that they can do whatever they want when they want. I always pay before I hit 30 days, but they threaten me over the phone and via email over and over again. I hope someone closes then down.

Comments

24th of Jun, 2010

Each and every day their calling me on my job. I work for a Goverment Agency and this is cleary harrassment
    but not to work i have noted all of the calls on the voicemail and aswell as messages from my recept. not only that
    last month this rude woman called me threatening me with repo of my vehicle and she needed to know my credit card number to check if any
    money was in my account. i told her that their was no funds in the acct she still ran my card. something needs to be done about this so
    i have an attorney looking into this matter. I hope no else have to go through what i did. they are out right nasty.
    its too many companies out their and more respectful reps than these people

• Pr
      11th of Nov, 2010

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
    She is a Manager for CPS.
    (800)955-4193
    She seems to be a VERY helpful person.

• Pr
      12th of Nov, 2010

Well MAGGIE
    The problem is that even if you're one (1) day late they are hounding you as if you're 3 months late.
    Most banks (or other lending institutions) will not contact you until you are past the 10 day grace period where a late fee will be tacked to your account.
    Why you ask?
    Because most Reputable institutions take certain things into consideration such as mail, website malfunctions, and so forth.
    However regardless of why you're late, there is no reason (ABSOLUTELY NO REASON) why they should be rude, nasty, obnoxious, or inconsiderate when they call.
    I'm a customer service manager and if I ever heard one of my employees THREATENING a customer they would be properly dealt with and more than likely terminated.
    Also, you do not release information to anyone other than the person(s) who is on the loan. You do not threaten or give personal information to any listed reference. Your only goal is to obtain contact information so you can contact the person(s) on the loan.
    You do NOT harass friends, co workers, bosses, or family.
    As a matter of fact, do you NOT HARASS ANYONE.
    You only find out when they are making the payment and that's it. If the payment has not been received by the date agreed upon, you make another COURTESY call stating you haven't received the payment and go from there. All this can be done without threatening the buyer or being rude or nasty to them.
    Yes proceedures have to be followed, but personal vendettas, grudges, rudiness, arrogance, and being nasty toward customers is absolutely un called for.