Consumer Financial Advisory Board / Failure to refund

1 Sparks, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 775-448-6904

I have been trying since January 2009 to obtain a refund of $895 from Consumer Financial Advisory Board in Clearwater, FL.

They keep lying to me and telling me that they will refund my money but never do. The latest episode was in May. They told me that they were under NEW management and processing and paying refunds was a priority of their new management. They sent me a Refund Request Form to fill out and return to them. Once they received it, they called me and told me that my refund would definitely be refunded withion 90 days. That was on June 19th. This is after I had already been promised a refund from Shannon Dunlap in January 2009.

After 90 days passed on September 20, I called them and asked to speak to the customer service supervisor who I was told was named Terry. She was "in a meeting" and I was told she would call me back. She never did and I have caalled every day since then with the same results.

I have already filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against them back in March with no result. BBB has no legal authority and even though Shannon respsonded to them that I would be refunded my money, I still have not received a check.

I would like to explore starting a class action law suit against them. If you have been ripped off by them, please e-mail me at stevebruner881@yahooi.com. If I can get enough parties who have been ripped off by them, I will contact a lawyer and see what can be done

Comments

• Pa
      15th of Dec, 2009

I too was also scammed by this company, the phone number is no longer a working number(877-557-2322) and I have yet to receive my refund of $895. If anyone has a working number can u please send it to me(pamnbetsy@yahoo.com), also I believe we should be able to file some sort of suit against this company whom is operating I am told under a different name again, but have not received the new name.

• Mi
      27th of Jan, 2010

I also have been ripped off by Consumer Financial Advisory Board, I let them put 795.00 on my credit card towards the end of Nov. 2008. When I received the package of info (which I had to call twice to get) and found out I needed another 695.00 to start, I called and canceled, that was Dec. 2008.

I got all the same excuses under new management etc..I also filled out the paperwork for a refund that they received in June 2009. I have kept notes of everyone I talked to including the dates.

I did get a call from a manager named Adrian on 1/19/10 who said they received my paperwork (I already knew that) and that I had to call their number with extension 4000 and follow the instructions for my refund. I did this on 1/20/10 the recording asked for my name, address, e mail, and or fax and if I provided a fax or e mail I would get the paperwork within 48 hrs. Well I Did Not, I called them again on 1/25/10 left all info at extension 4000 and on another extension which was supposed to Arlene's (a manager) extension and on general voice mail. Here it is the 27th and still no paperwork.

Yes I am very interested in joining a class action law suit against them. I told them I knew they had my money in a bank drawing interest while it was also accruing interest on my credit card, of course they denied it was in a bank drawing interest.

Please let me know what I need to do. I have also reported them to the BBB and got the same response when they closed my case.

Oh a working number for them is 1-800-642-5111 and Manager Arlene's extension is 3201 (at least that is what she told me)

Denise K.

• Mi
      27th of Jan, 2010

Here is Consumer Financial Advisory Boards Refund Policy:

Refund Process

Consumers who seek to cancel their purchase are entitled to a refund consistent with our stated Refund Policy. You will receive your refund within 90 days of our receipt of your completed Refund Request Form, if applicable, and the return of any products, software and/or merchandise that you received. Our receipt of the returned merchandise will be confirmed to you in writing. Refund Request Forms are available upon request by contacting our Client Services Department and can be delivered to you online, via fax or through USPS.

• Em
      16th of Jun, 2010

I have been trying to get a refund from them since November of 2009. I followed the procedures that they requested of me. I can not get through to them by telephone. The numbers that I can retrieve do not accept calls. HELP!!

Emily Michelle J.

19th of Jan, 2012

I too, was ripped off by these people. They give you 90 days to try to get your money, but they change their phone # so you can't track them down! We're out $900! Shame on them for preying on people who are trying to straighten out their credit . . . they think they are going to get away with it! I'm ready to slap a lawsuit on them, too! If the law doesn't catch them, Kharma will! I will also contact the BBB Sincerely Marlys Y.

19th of Jan, 2012

I too was ripped off by these people. They give you a certain amount of time to figure out that they're not going to help you, so then when you try to get your money back, they have changed their phone #. Soon the 90 days are up and they say it's too late to refund your money! There should be a way to slap them with a lawsuit. They are nothing more than dirty crooks, and if the law doesn't get them, then kharma will. I'm going to contact the BBB also.