Consumer Financial Advisory Board / Fraud and lies

I use to work at Consumer Financial Advisory Board. This company is a HUGE scam, and RIP OFF! They do NOT save you money, or lower your interest. They tell you they will, but they actually set you up with a financial plan, to save you money. But it actually sets you up for failure!

They discriminated against me for being a teenager, and a lot of other things. Whenever they would ask me to stay late and work for 2 more hours, I would do it. And one day I had to be somewhere at 6 in South Tampa, it's about a 45 minutes to an hour drive. My manager asked me where I had to be (keep in mind it's my scheduled time off). I told her it's somewhere important to me, I cant stay late on Thursdays. She demanded that I tell her, or i could get fired. So I told her I'm in a 12 Step program.

She laughed at me, in front of all my co-workers. Then she asked what I did to go there, I told her nothing I have to be there, it's important to me. She continued to laugh at me. Then demanded that I bring her a note saying I have to be there every Thursday at 6. Keep in mind this is my scheduled time off, so she can't by law ask me these questions. And she should have brought me in the office alone, instead of embracing me in front of all my co-workers.

Then the next day I come into work, and she fired me. She told me it wasn't working out, and I wasn't doing my job. When I was doing my job, in fact I kept my statistics everyday. Not only did they fire me for discrimination. We were on salary. My salary was $30, 000 a year, which is $458.54 a week. And my last two paychecks were both $300.00 short.

I called and demanded they give me my money, which all together was $600.00, or I would file a law-suit. And then I told them I'm filing a case about the discrimination. And I told them I want 2 weeks servants pay, for the bills I'm behind on now, because of them. The owner of the company, then tried to tell my mom I was romantically involved with one of my co-workers. What does that have to do with the job or my money?? I also was not romantically involved, we were just friends. My mother then asked what that has to do with anything, and the owner (Tom Graham) then said oh nothing. I was just letting you know parent to parent. I don't even think this guy has kids! So this company is a big scam, and they do so many different things wrong, on so many different levels.

I am looking for someone to help me with my case. I have a friend that used to work there, that would testify for me. And please DON'T let this company scam you!! It's a HUGE RIP OFF, and people actually think it works!

Ll

Comments

Sc
  29th of Apr, 2009

I just got a phone call from them. Thanks for posting this

Jo
  31st of May, 2009

I have been scamed by this compay and now fighting for my money back. They lied to me saying they would save me money in interest rate. They also told me that they would save me 5, 000 at least but could save me 15, 000. The reason why I qualify was b/c i had a good credit score and this program was only for people like me. People who have good credit scores and rates where higher than 5%. The bottom line is I spoke to manager Kate Andrews and a bunch of other people there and having a hard time getting my money back. Kate who stepped in trying to help my situation which I though i was helping myself by joining ooooooo was i wrong. Kate tells me she the first financial plan was wrong and they will send me another one. the first plan says i will be in debt for 43 years and they can get me out in less than 5 years making the same payments. How the hell is that KATE? Make sense there is no way making the same payments i can get out of debt 38 years earlier. She sends my a new plan and I question her and she makes it seem as though i just dont want to be in the program which i dont but i was asking a question she couldnt answer. How can you be a manager and dont know how the financial plan is written? If i make the same payments with interest i would pay off 1 card in 4 yrs. Which added up to be about 47 months. So asked her why does it say it will take me 117 months when really is 47? She did not know and said she would call me back and has not up til now. They lied on the financial plan to meet there quote. I can go on and on about and the wrong doing this company has done. Someone needs to investigate this company b/c they need to be shut down for scamming people and then prosecuted.

Do
  27th of Sep, 2009

Thank you all for posting this. They have been calling my home not stop this week and I finally talked to them. They were asking for the 1-800 in the back of my card and my cc # promisiing that I would save at least $3, 000 on my CC debt. I told the guy i needed to do some research before we would talk any further...It sounded too good to be true!

Thanks

Be
  5th of Oct, 2009

if you got scammed by this company, consumer credit financial dont hang up the phone and call the federal trade commision. these people are scam artist, believe me they take advantage of good people. (1-877-382-4357) thats the ftcs number, for consumer complaints.

Be
  5th of Oct, 2009

again Consumer Credit Financial they need to be eliminated, call the FTC if you got ripped off by them, 1-877-382-4357

Li
  7th of Oct, 2009

I signed up for this program in Nov of 2008 and received the information in Dec 2008. After looking over the information I had a couple of questions. I called and talked to someone in late Dec. I was reluctant to sign a power of attorney and asked to cancel. I was told I could cancel and get a refund within 7 to 14 business days. That was 10 months ago!!! I called every couple of weeks and would get the same run around. They would "red flag" my refund and someone would call me. In February, there was a "computer program conversion" or some such story and my refund was at the "top of the list".
The next thing I know, there's a "third party administrator" who is coming in and dealing with all refunds and I was scheduled for a "refund call" on 6/30/09. The person called me on 6/30/09 and verified some information and told me that I would be "notified by letter and receive my refund within 90 days". Guess what? It's been longer than 90 days. I have been trying for about 30 days to talk to a real person and get an answer about my refund. I get no answer or I get a recording. When I leave my information to have someone call me, I get no response. I have called a couple of times after hours because I am on the West Coast, and I get the exchange service ( a real person, by the way) but she can only connect me to the answering machine. I leave a message and no one calls me back. This has been a 10 month ordeal. I guess this is what I get for thinking that I could get help with my financial situation. But irregardless of my mistake, I am entitled to have my money returned. I was told I could get a refund. I am starting to believe this company's action or non-action is bordering on illegal. It certainly is immoral!!!

Mr
  3rd of Nov, 2009

OMG too late for me they told me they cant help me because my CC and personal loan were from B of A and that is the toughest bank to deal with ... I just spoke to someone they are sending a refund form and tell me when they receive it then someone will call me with in 30 days ... I told them well they sure know how to take the $895 out immediately but sure takes a long time to refund ... mean while I'm still acquiring finance charges on the card they were supposed to save me on ... hummmm

Tr
  9th of Mar, 2010

mrteaze - you'll never get your money back. They will keep promising that you will get it and they will never send it to you. I sent their useless financial plan back to them in Jan, 2009, which is when Shannon Dunlap said I would receive my refund within 30 days. I called back in 30 days and was told it was really more like 30-60 days. So I called back in 30 more days and then had to fill out a refund document, send it to them and receive a phone call back authorizing my refund. I spoke with them on June 9 and was told I would have my refund in 90 days. Needless to say I never got it so I called them on Sept 9 and they told me I should get it any day. They kept stringing me along until finally some managerial type woman told me I would not receive a refund because they did everything they said they would. The ONLY thing I wanted them to do was to negotiate lower APRs on my credit cards and they were not able to do that for any of my cards. Their financial plan would not work for me because I did not make enough money to make their suggested payments. Plus I sent it back to them. They are a completely useless company and scam artists.

El
  10th of Mar, 2010

hey, hang in there kid. you sound quite intelligent. you'll be fine. better to get slime like them out of your life... sincerely, ellen g.