Consumer Financial Advisory Board / Unauthorized charges

After being put in a very precarious financial situation by an ex (stupid me I understand) I was very susceptible to 'help' from finance companies. Foolishly, I thought that Consumer Financial Advisory Board LLC would solve some of my problems.

Consumer Financial Advisory Board LLC promised that with my payment of $795 (which could of course be charged immediately to my credit card) I would be given the advice and assistance of CFAB's specialist to create a personalized financial system to help me. I would be shown, within 30 days of my payment, how to save at least $1500 on my existing loans, including a credit card, mortgage, and 2 personal loans. This would be done mainly by lowering interest rates on all loans.

After speaking with several 'advisors' I was told a few 'facts'. There was nothing that could be done on the credit card because my interest rate was already quite low. My favorite of course was the 'fact' that CFAB does not deal with any other loans than credit cards. My main concern, which I stated several times prior to paying the $795, was my mortgage. Turns out CFAB couldn't have helped me in the first place. They decided to omit that fact until my payment had been processed.

I explained the situation to Shannon, who is 'the only person that deals with cancellations'. Due to the fact that I had been misled, she guaranteed me that within 45 days, my $795 would be credited back to my account. Today is about 90 days later, and after a brief conversation with Shannon in which she told me 'I've told you all I can, you'll have to wait until it's processed' I am out $795 plus finance charges, I am still in my precarious financial situation and am worse off for my efforts.

To ANYONE deciding on Consumer Financial Advisory Board LLC, it is a SCAM, you WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY and I sincerely hope I got to you before they did.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Gi
      6th of Jun, 2009

MYCFAB is owned by Brian and James Tommy Graham.

The company is constantly being brought up on charges by the State Att Gen. Office. The are a "Not for Profit" so they get around a lot of laws.

Since they have your home phone it is only fair that you have their home numbers?

754-368-1496 and 727-215-5779 AND 272-744-7637

For more scam post about this company got to:

AND

/URL removed/

754-368-1496 and 727-215-5779 AND 272-744-7637

Consumer Financial Advisory Board, LLC.
    18401 US Highway 19 North, Suite 100
    Clearwater, FL 33764
    877.557.CFAB (2322).

• Lp
      4th of Mar, 2010

i was desparate for financial help as well and they too took my money of $895 and i haven't heard from them since the so called negotiations took place 3 months ago. i have been trying to get someone to refund me the money also. i have left messages, emailed the company, i can't even get the refund form sent to me. I also filed a complaint with the better business bureau but they dont respond to them either. I am at a loss. This place needs to get shut down, we all need to join forces to fight this place. If you haven't already contact the FTC at -1-877-438-4338 thats where i am calling next.

• Sf
      1st of May, 2009

My mother had an issue of fraud with this company also. I urge you to call the Federal Trade Commision which protects consumers from fraud. I called the FBI and they told me to contact the FTC. If the FTC gets enough complaints, they will file a class action lawsuit.
    The number for the FTC is 877-438-4338

• Tw
      20th of May, 2009

I too received a call on 5/18/09. It was only when I started asking questions that the person that called had me speak to another person when he couldn't answer my questions. The person's name was supposedly Bruce Storms at ext 160. He said they could save me $3, 000 but he needed to verify that I had an active account and needed to check the frequency of my payments and that I was in good standing. He wanted me to give him the phone number on the back of my credit card so that he could verify the information and then wanted my credit card number. When I told him I didn't give that information out over the telephone he then went into this speel about how he wouldn't want to jeopardize his job and going to jail by doing something illegal. Needless to say - he didn't get my credit card number. Thank you for the info for the FTC. I'm calling right after I post this comment.

• Br
      18th of Jun, 2009

well if were are scams then call me let me tell why were not scams call me if you want the truth

727-542-2571 why would i give my home # if i were a scam hmmmmmmm?

• Br
      18th of Jun, 2009

please we are a good comp!!!

• Be
      5th of Oct, 2009

the fact that you cant spell tell alot about your company, if you were really honest you would have given me my money back. end of story.

• Ml
      25th of Mar, 2011

My mother was scammed by Consumer Financial Reports, they are a scam don't give them your money!
    They best way to try to get your money back is call your bank and let them know about the undisputed charges, and just follow through if you are still within the time frame. Also make sure you report them to FTC at -1-877-438-4338 and get a reference number to take those criminal down!!! We all need to get together and get our money back!

• Tr
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I was also just scammed by Consumer Finacial advisory board. I was mis-lead and cancelled within a few weeks. They did nothing for me and I cannot seem to get the $895 back from them and it has been 3 months. They won't return phone calls after emails and voice-messages and I have followed all the steps for the refund including faxing the refund form like 4 times. I will not stop until I get my money back. They are a teribble company to deal with and I will spread the word also.

• Le
      16th of Mar, 2010

I have been receiving several calls to my personal cell phone number listed above. I am not the owner of Consumer Financial Advisory Board. I am a college professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I get your frustration and you are calling the wrong person! Please do not call 754-368-1496. Thank you!!! Leticia

• De
      6th of May, 2011

1900$ dollars they got from me, and im still cannot get in touch with them...