Consumer Courts In India / Consumer Courts harass the consumers

1 India Review updated:

Consumer Courts in India are under a tight grip of corruption. The Judges are corrupt, Lawyers are without ethics, the court staff is corrupt and greedy.

The consumer courts are rejecting maximum complaints and hardly deciding upon any complaints now a days. The Judges keep on giving date after dates. The courts favour the big companies because the judges get bribe from them.

There is no standard complaint format followed by the consumer courts in India. Some judges stress too much on affidavit, some on list of documents. Some judges even force the complainant to hire a lawyer. The Judges do not read the documents. They keep on giving dates and collecting documents. If the Opposite Party is late then the judge prefers to wait for him as if the OP is a VIP, but if the consumer is late by few minutes, the judge immediately announces next hearing date.

The Maharashtra State Commission is the worst. The staff there is highly corrupt. Even the lady staff is too greedy.

The complaints are piling up in the courts because the judges shy away from reading the bulk of pages and taking responsibility of taking a decision. The complaints pile up as hardly any decisions are being made, and more adjournments are giving, To get a pack on the back, the judges are just disposing the complaints by dismissing most of them or deciding in favour of the opposite party.

This is the reason that the consumer courts do not keep a record of the cases decided in favour of the consumer, and cases dismissed against the consumer. If they will keep this record for public, we will know how these consumer courts function.

Ask anyone who have had experience with consumer court in India, and he will have some new depressing story to tell.

Comments

• Sh
      19th of Nov, 2008

Please tell mw where to make compalints against the illegal activities of the Judge and other memebers of the Dt consumer forum.

• Mu
      27th of Jun, 2009

I have purchased a Onida Hydromatic washing manchine, the first complaint I registerd for the problem is on Ocr 2008, and Spoke with the servic agent from then, copule of service engg came down and investigated and went away, for the last 2 months, I am following up with the service engg at Annanagar center, his name is Chandra sekar, his number is 9381144118, he is a big liar and not commited to his words, I am frustrated on his insane duty concious.I dont understand why he is running the service center at anna nagar for Onida.for the past 2 months he is dodging with me by saying he will send the service engg.because of his delay my warranty period is nearing to expiry.I request you to take some action and fix my Onida washing machine. I need some compensation for the tremendous pressure and frustration underwent due to the irresponsible act of ondia service center.I request MIRC to take necessary action against this complaint

• Gi
      16th of Aug, 2009

I think Law & Order is No more in our Country / Consumers should only run away from