Consolidated Resorts / tahiti Village / Scam, fraud, ripoff, Misrepresentation

801 S. Rampart Blvd., Suite 200Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
2.35
Phone: 1-800-231-3111

The CORRECT answer is – NO BAIL OUT!!!

I will make this very simple for everyone to understand. If a company can not make a product that the CONSUMER wants to buy at a PRICE that the consumer wants to pay, then that company no matter how large should go out of Business.

Here in GA, KIA is building a HUGE NEW FACTORY. How can KIA be making money when GM and Ford are not. GM and Ford needs to cut cost and build products that people want.

Good things happen when OLD NON-PROFITABLE companies are allowed to go out of business. Guess what that is, NEW MORE efficient companies come to be. For example, Eastern Airline went out of business and then companies like ValuJet, SouthWestern and JETBlue came to be.

When Government gets involve they end up making things worst for everyone!!!
De

Comments

Ri
  21st of Nov, 2008
we agree we are having the same trouble what a ripoff
Vi
  18th of Dec, 2008
My wife and I totally agree. We purchased at Tahiti Village Phase 2 in 2006 for the odd years and was told that the property would be ready September 2007. The water feature and the 18-hole putting green would be ready in 2007 as well. In March 2008, we took the kids to Las Vegas for spring break. We were unable to reserve rooms for Phase 2 as it was not ready and we had to stay at the Soleil property. We were very displeased with this property. While in Vegas during spring break we were invited to a presentation to see the updates to the Tahiti Village property. During that meeting we were told that Phase 2 would be ready September 2008. We were offered to purchase the "even" years. The closer came to meet with us after the sales rep could not convince us to purchase the event years. We explained our situation to this closer stating that the interest rate would be to high for our financial situation. The closer informed us there were a number of companies on-line that would refinance the timeshare. He also told us we could rent our weeks out and make money on the timeshare. We returned home on a Monday which was beyond the 5-day grace period given to change your mind. After having an opportunity to look into the refi we found that this was a total lie. There was not one company that would refi timeshares. We spoke with a number of companies and all said the same thing. We contacted Tahiti Village and scheduled a conference call with a customer service rep and informed them of what had taken place. A few weeks later we received a letter from the legal division stating that we would not be allowed out of our contractual obligation as the 5-day grace period had passed and we should not have purchased something based on what a representative stated to us.

In September of 2008, we stayed at Tahiti Village Phase 2. This is after a year later of when it was actually suppose to have opened. Upon checking in my wife requested information regarding the water feature that was to be ready and she was informed that the water feature was not completed. This again was something that was promised to us upon our initial purchase. When we inquired about the 18-hole putting green we were informed that the putting green hadn't even broken ground yet. This again is misrepresentation of products and services.

My wife and I have again contacted the customer service division and have been told that we would not be allowed out of our contractual obligation. At this point we are definitely interested in participating in a Class Action Lawsuit. Tahiti Village has definitely misrepresented their products and services, sales reps used dishonest and unethical sales practices, etc.
Ma
  20th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
We just returned from a presentation, the price was 47, 990, we also were told we could refinance, and our interest rate was 17.9%! The closer was very high pressure, name of Ryan, the salesman, Hasson, seemed amiable until he realized we were not buyers, then he became reticent and started pouting, trying to play us. The $768 maintenance fees were a doozy, and I go with the old saying, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is, regarding the 12 "free" vacations. "No" is one of my favorite words with sales people.

The BBQ area seemed to be populated with actors, as none of the grills were putting out heat or smoke, and no one was drinking or eating anything. The Wheel and Balloons was pretty amateurish, as was the "first buyers" announcement. Even money they were shills too.

Good luck with your law suit.
In
  23rd of Jan, 2009
What is unfortunate is that dozens of couples everyday are approached by the developer. It surprises me that the big casinos allow this practice to go on in their place of business. Our maintenance fee has increased every year and the resale opportunity is almost non-existent. I think it would be hard to give the timeshare away with an over $700 a year maintenance fee. Please tell everyone you know that there are plenty of units for re-sale at a fraction of the asking cost.
Pe
  27th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also agree my husband and i was suckered into purchasing in April of 2008 were now being told we are behind in our maintenance fees which i do not understand because it has not even been a year yet since we signed the contract.. We are trying to get out of this stupid contract and still spare our credit we are in the process of living from check to check to make ends meet and can no longer afford to pay for something we have never and do not plan on using.
Be
  29th of Jan, 2009
Suckers are still born every minute.
Ta
  30th of Jan, 2009
Working for them is no better and they teach and force us to be liars in order to keep our jobs. When they started laying off more departments, they promised the existing ones that we would get a pay raise and instead lied to us and cut our pay. Most of us with more than 2 brain cells to rub together are just waiting for them to lay us off so we can collect unemployment. We all hate working there and management is notorious for all sorts of harassment, especially sexual. Working for them is like being in a concentration camp. We get penalized/fired for using our paid sick time, we don't get adequate break times so we all suffer from indigestion and being burnt out and if you want to get promoted you have to sleep your way to the top.
Yi
  2nd of Feb, 2009
These people are complete SCAM artists... my boyfriend and I attended their presentation on Saturday this weekend while we were in Vegas and they completely wasted our time, just because we expressed that everything looked beautiful we were attacked by 3 different sales men and the price kept going down and down with every salesperson that came in the room. So glad we did not purchase. You know the best way to get these people??? Attend the presentations... take all the gifts and SAY NO NO NO NO NO!!! No thanks! Walk out and enjoy your tickets or other gifts... you've earned them by listening to their pointless drivel/PUSHY--PUSHY unethical sales tactics. For those who unfortunately bought into it... please stop paying and let them SUE you. There is definitely a CLASS ACTION lawsuit in the wings for these THIEFS.

Yisel (Bronx, NY)
Tr
  9th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We too, got suckered into this sale. 2 years ago. We purchased phase II, the Bora Bora. They did tell us that we could refinance & they told us they were building a second pool & lazy river. When we stayed there in October 2008, they told us there would be no second pool. LIARS. I dont know how to get out of this without having my wages garnished. We are struggling & have already lost our home to foreclosure, I cant afford the $448.95 a month to pay for this anymore. If you do the class action suit, I will do my research on my deed also & join you. I bet you my deed is screwed up too. Are the maintenance fee's really up to $700 now????
Lj
  14th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I really, totaly agree with that is said above. My wife and I just got back from Vegas today and had a great time except for the time share gustapo that seemed to meet us at every street corner and in every hotel. As a foriegn visiter to Vegas I was really turned off by the
sleazy tactics used by this outfit. The free shows and dinner were almost
too high of a price to pay to sit through a three and half hour presentation. It was shameless. We to went through the 'three salesman' attack and each one was your best friend and biggest fan until you said 'no' then they treated you like you had leprosy. They wanted us to invest in an ill defined, half developed resort during a recession when we live out of the country. Crazy. Vegas was really a cool place but someone has to stop these aggressive con artists. I heard from several of them that they could get fired if they said the wrong thing. What a hoax. Good luck on the class action!! You all are in the right.
Lo
  20th of Feb, 2009
Has anyone talked to an attorney yet? My Sister and brother-in-law got ripped off by the sales team and I’m trying to find help for them.
Qd
  25th of Feb, 2009
We also we duped by this. I feel pretty stupid about it now. Bought Phase 2 in 11/07 with the promise it was almost ready, not true. Extra fees charged for "free" things. It has become unaffordable for us at this point to even consider using their travel agency for trips. Rip off city. Now for the clincher...

I find someone who is intersted in buying my Tahiti Village Timeshare. I call to get the details from TV and here is what I am told. I can add them to the account BUT I AM STILL LIABLE FOR THE MONEY UNTIL IT IS PAID OFF! I don't know these people that want to buy it, I am not going to sub-let this f ing time share to them hopeing they make their payments. THERE IS NO WAY OUT. Trapped, lied to, not living up to the services promised and yet NOTHING I CAN DO. HELP!!! Any lawyers who work on this stuff?
Ch
  3rd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree!!! My husband and I bought in October 2007. We got pressured, along with everyone else. We receive 4-5 harrassing "courtesy" calls per day, up to 5 days before our payment is due, asking us to pay our bill early every month. Then, if you don't make your payment on time, they call you 9-10 times a day asking you how you are going to be making your payment today. It has gotten to the point of severe frustration. We were told that this would be an incredible deal for us, since we traveled for work so much, that we could use our time share or free vacations anytime. They also told us that they could get us a lower interest rate and when we got the paperwork, it was still at the 17% they originally offered us. When I called to complain about it, they denied that they offered us a lower rate. We even got the salesman on the phone and he lied and said the company would never allow him to lower the interest rate any lower than the 17%. They told us that we could trade our timeshare at any time, but we had to book our time share in order to find out what else was available for that time frame. It is totally different than what we were sold. I also asked about cancellation, and was told that we were locked into the contract. We have all been dupped! I would love to be included in the class action! Cherikaygrant@yahoo.com
Jr
  9th of Mar, 2009
I just got this situation last week.
Heard of all about the scam, I am thinking if I can get of out this, since I only get it for less than one month.
Sb can help me?
jragon_jiang@hotmail.com
Ma
  15th of Mar, 2009
my wife and i went thru this 3 hr sales pitch, i asked to read it in writing and they got angry, i was thinking of buying it to take the family on a week vacation in vegas, money is not the issue they are crooks, bring back old vegas this new corporate scams is not what the city was built on
Rj
  16th of Mar, 2009
My husband and I went to a time share seminar in Seattle because we were promised a free trip to Vegas. We never had the intention to buy anything. Of course, we said NO for the entire presentation, and retrieved our free trip. We ended up paying $300 for two nights, three days, and when we arrived we were told we had to go to ANOTHER timeshare seminar. 5 hours of high pressure sales later, we were finally free and exhausted and grumpy. What a joke. These people are selling a bad investment, using high-pressure tactics, and wasting my time. Our "free" vacation just for attending had all kinds of hidden fees, and the accomodations sucked. There really is no free lunch. I wasted seven hour of my life listening to cheesey sales people.

I hope you all get your money back from these jerks.
Ju
  6th of Apr, 2009
We are in the same boat as many! If anyone has any further information on this - please e-mail me. We stopped payment in January and have received countless e-mails and phone calls. They have threatened to foreclose and we are so upside down on our personal properties that at this point - we don't care. We invested soo much already $8, 000 and at this point we just don't care to drain our pocket book any further. If any of you have actually been foreclosed by this Resort - let me know how this affected you. juliargusse@msn.com
In
  9th of Apr, 2009
I would join a class action
Now that the economy is in the tank, Consolidated Resorts had resorted to harassing even the people who pay their bill on time. We experienced many of the same bloated claims about the ease of use and the value of owning a time share. I wish I would have had the opportunity to do some research and found forums like this that give back ground on what type of company I was getting into bed with.

There is ZERO market for selling a time share so the value of the property is $0.00! They also fail to inform peole that for every day you delay in making your payment that the amount you pay toward your principle is decreased. If you pay after the 10th, your entire payment goes toward interest!

Buyer Beware! These people should be shut down!
Fa
  9th of Apr, 2009
We have been "Owners" at Tahitti Village, Las Vegas for over a year. The FIVE HOUR HIGH PRESSURE sales pitch finally wore us down. We bought for about 20% of what they started at and STILL paid too much.

We have tried to use it and have NEVER been able to make ANY reservations. We have TWELVE weeks a year... yeah right!!! We tried to use ONE WEEK and were not able to book anything.

They invited us to come for a week for $150 and they were going to "TEACH US" how to use the property. No... They tried to sell us more!

We said NO!! and were treated like dirt for the rest of the week.

If there is a class action lawsuit, count me in!! I have recorded my calls with them too! I told them it THEY record them... I can too!

I have some GREAT stuff about the new HIGHER maintainance fees that we supposedly voted for. Did YOU know about the meeting?? Me neither!

If you e-mail me make sure you put TAHITTI VILLAGE SCAM in the subject line or it will go to the trash!

My e-mail is fatradioguy@hotmail.com

I hope we can all get rid of these jerks!!
Ol
  11th of Apr, 2009
I will gladly join any class action suit as well. Please let me know what I need to do.My e-mail is oleeta@yahoo.com. I have used the time share for two years in a row. It's a lovely place. My complaint has to do with the harassing phone calls I constantly get from the collections department, even when I have made arrangements and told them repeatedly when I will make my payment. I am only 5 days late. My husband and I get anywhere from 5 - 9 calls all day long up to 8:55pm. I have filed a complaint with the COO, Mr. Carl Hardin and with the State Attorney General's office. I am really mad now and would take pleasure in being a participant in a class action suit.

Oleeta Igar