Consolidated Resorts / Fraud and cheating

In November 2008 me and my wife while in vegas on vacation went to a presentation to get tickets to a show. We were told the presentation would take 2 hours and they kept us there for 4.5 hours. We refused over and over until they made us what we thought was a wonderful deal. The sales re threw in free trips to Hawaii and Dubai and we were witnessing new owners popping balloons and winning trips.

It was very entertaining to the concept of being an owner. We agreed to the offer and also were invited up to pop balloons and spin a wheel. We won a trip to Egypt and the bonus package giving us 6 free trips in total. That would excite anyone. After more of our time in a private office we were presented with endless promises that we couldn't lose out because the property could be sold back to Consolidated Resorts. They took us on a tour of the place and gave us plenty of free items. Even gave us a ride to our hotel because our ride couldn't wait any longer.

We received our package in the mail and I quickly noticed the pre printed package of trips that we were lied to about that gets mailed to everyone. And the trick is nothing is free like promised. We brought into this scam because the offering of the trips alone benefited more than the actual timeshare offer. I called the 800 number to be told by the costumer service person ' I have a meeting to attend so you'll have to call back' so I gave her my number to return a call and it never happened.

You can't get in touch with anyone to discuss the issues.

Once we called in to plan our yearly trip to Myrtle beach we were told by the intervals rep that we had to pay them a transfer fee. (that we already paid to CR) and it would cost us $534 for a week I almost lost my mind. I could book that easily on my own without their help.

I have canceled the credit card they have on record to stop payment and I'm seeking out counsel to get out of this scam. it's all lies!

Ju

Comments

• Li
      25th of Mar, 2009

In March 2007 my husband and I fell victim to Tahiti Village and their deceptive practices. While on vacation in 2007 my husband and I were approached and offered free show tickets if we attended a 90 minute presentation we had to give the salesman a $100 deposit in order to ensure that we would attend and we would get our money and tickets at the end of the presentation. Boy that's $100 I wish I would have just let go. So the next morning we went to a presentation with about 20 other couples via a tour bus.

After sitting through the presentation we were given a tour of the facility by our personal sales associate then the high pressure began we were told about the money we would save by buying a timeshare. We were given 12 bonus vacations a year that we were told we could sell for a huge profit enough to make our mortgage payments and more. We bought the Bora Bora we put $2600/down and our payments are $417/month our interest rate is 14.9% which we weren't thrilled about but they assure us we could easily refinance at a better rate, well that couldn't be further from the truth. Our maintenance fees are about $500/year. As an additional gift we popped a balloon which revealed an all inclusive vacation to Rio De Jenero and given a $500 sun dollar gift card- which we were told we could use at the resort or use it to pay maintenance fees we were told the card would never expire.

When we tried to use it in October to pay our maintenance fees we were of course told that it expired in September I tried to explain that there was no expiration date on the card but the said their records showed that it had expired. It also turns out the bonus weeks cannot be sold and when I tried to book a vacation for my husband and I no one ever got back to us and our numerous calls were ignored finally 3 months after our original request date someone did call but I have been so feed up I can't believe that I fell for such a huge scam.

Oh and after owning this piece of junk for two years I have never used it, and recently they have started calling and asking for my mortgage payment early. Can you believe that calling me at work and asking me to pay my payment early of course this is supposed to be a convince to me.

• In
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Update: CR is not advertising "Go Green" by signing up for their automatic payment system to help eliminate the need to send payments through the mail.

Don't do it!

Once you set up the automatic withdraw from your bank account, about the only way to stop it is to close your account. Don't be fooled by this latest tactic.

CR's recent increase in harassing phone calls is also an attempt to get you to sign up for autopay. Don't reward them by stabilizing their cash flow based on ending their harassment. This is pure extortion!

• Ji
      29th of Apr, 2009

The contract you signed can be cancelled. Please email me: somebonus@yahoo.com

1st of Mar, 2010

I am trying to get everyone I have found all over organized in one place. Please check out my Facebook page "We put the CON in Consolidated" or contact me at con-solidatedscam@yahoo.com.

1st of Mar, 2010

Sorry address is wrong con_solidatedscam@ayhoo.com

17th of May, 2010

I received an email today from the law firm Green Welling and they may take our case. They want more information and to speak to potential members. I have included a copy of their email at the bottom of this email.
    I am sending it to everyone who has contacted me and posting to several FB pages and complaint blogs.
    Please contact them. I will be sharing my own story and info with them over the next few days. Please also pass this along to anyone else who has been effected by these guys.

CASE:5911

Thank you for contacting Green Welling P.C. regarding your issue with Timeshare. It is possible that we could help the class of people in a case against their timeshare provider. We would need to hear more details regarding the potential case, have contact with unrepresented potential client and review documentation that supports the potential class action.

After we reviewed the information, spoke to the potential client(s), and reviewed the documents we could discuss whether Green Welling would represent the potential class in this matter. In the meantime, we do not represent you or the potential class, so if your issue is time sensitive, please take whatever steps you feel necessary to protect your interests.

Please send any pertinent documents and information to us via one of the following methods:

– Scanned and attached as a response to this email; NLB@classcounsel.com
    – Faxed to my attention at (415) 477-6710; or,
    – Sent via US Mail to my attention at 595 Market Street, Suite 2750, San Francisco, CA, 94105.

If you send original documents we will gladly copy and return them. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call at (888) 610-4768, or visit our website at www.classcounsel.com for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours very truly,

Nikki Belushko
    Paralegal

• Wa
      5th of Jul, 2010

I am not sure what is going on with Tahiti Village (Consolidated Resorts); research has turned up so much about frauds and scams. We have had this property since 2007 with automatic payments to the company, had not my cc expired and not updated I would not have known that something was wrong. Who is ASNY, they are relentless about getting a payment as though after 2-3 years of auto pay I would not pay anymore.

Since, I have not had a good feeling about this timeshare or company...I have never used this property and from the start I hate I wasted all this money. Can anyone tell me what is truly going on with ConsolidatedResorts & Tahiti Village.

In Desperation,