Consign& Designripp off

L Review updated:

Nanci Smith, had opened again a consignment store in Wellington Florida name Consign &Design at Wellington Market place...be ware from this woman few years back she owned elegant estate in the same location, and ripped people off, took their items sold and never sent checks, Then sold the store to this poor soul Ami that had to deal with her screw up and thefts and in the end he lost his money.She sold him the store for $ 300k cash, and she had tried to screw the IRS by claiming it was only sold for $ 50k, she is been investigated now by IRS...she just out an ad in the paper, lie through her teeth about her success when in fact she is losing all she has because of bad investments, and bad character. BE AWAR

• L
      Aug 16, 2009

I know few people that had their items stolen from her store, and she gave some store credits to her clients for 1000's of $$$$$$
    which they never able to collect
    Nanci Smith, should not be in business
    she also tried to cheat out of commission the business broker that she an exclusive to sell the place.
    She is worried about her name so she put the business CONSIGN & DESIGN ON HER SISTER'S NAME
    BE AWARE

• L
      Aug 16, 2009

J DAVIS
    I AGREE 100% ABOUT ALL THAT WAS SAID ABOUT THIS WOMAN
    SHE IS BAD NEWS A CROOK NOT AN HONEST WOMAN AT ALL

• W
      Oct 10, 2009

I have been dealing with Nanci Smith and she has sold a large number of items, they sold fast at the agreed price and I get my check my the 15th of each month. Everyone that I have refereed to her store has been pleased. I think people that are in other consignment stores in the area are spreading rumors.

Joan

• C
      Oct 23, 2009

Are you kidding????? Wow, I have been dealing with Nanci Smith since she originally owned her antique store in the Wellington Marketplace. She is probably one of the most honest people I have ever dealt with. I consign many very expensive items, and there aren't many people I would trust with my merchandise. She is one of the few that I can always count on, keeping my merchandise safe, and paying me my commissions on time.

I remember this "Ami " charachter mentioned above. Nanci sold the store to him, and I consigned 3 items with him after he had taken over. I never saw those items again, and was never paid for them. He claimed that Nanci had taken them, but I knew for a fact that wasn't true, because I had given the merchandise directly to him, after he had already opened the store. He took many peoples money in this town, merchandise, ect., and soon went out of business. He has quite a bad reputation here in Wellington.

• D
      Jan 16, 2010

This is a very odd complaint. I've shopped at the antique store in the Wellington Trace Markeplace for 7 years under all the past and current owners. I've known Nanci for a long time both now and when she originally owned it. I've always known her to be a respectable, honest business person with a wonderful friendly attitude and demeaner. The store is one of my favorite places to shop in Wellington!!

Your complaint lacks validity (and my respect) for several reasons Mr. Goodman. I'm curious as to how you know what was claimed on the tax return of Consign and Design. The store is not publicly held so the tax return is private and would be known only to the owner of Consign and Design, the IRS and whatever accountant she used. Second, it's not the purchase price that is reported on a tax return, it is the profit and/or loss. What is your relationship to the "poor soul?"

• B
      Aug 01, 2010

I think the people that had things to complain about above, were acting out of a personal vendetta and spitefulness due to the former owners lack of business knowledge and common sense. No customer has ever had one bad thing to say about Nanci Smith or her business. The only people with negative things to say are the ones that couldn't run their own business half as good so they're trying to speak negatively in hopes to rob Nanci of her business. Go into the store and see for yourself. It's all 100% legit.