CONN'S SERVICE CENTER / won't fix or replace my tv

1 2425 TURNING BASIN DR.Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-591-6611

I BROUGHT A 50 INCH RCA HIGH DEF TV FROM THEM LIKE 2 YEARS AGO WITH IN THE FIRST YEAR I BEGAN TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY TV. I CALLED FOR THEM TO COME AND CHECK THE TV TO SEE WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE IT WAS POWERING IT SELF OFF AND ON OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THEY CAME OUT TOLD ME THAT MY LAMP NEEDED TO BE REPLACED SO THEY REPLACED IT. NOW LIKE 2 OR 3 MONTHS AFTER THAT THE PROBLEM STARRTED BACK AGAIN ONCE AGAIN I CALLED AND TOLD THEM THE PROBLEM THEY CAME OUT AND DONE THE SAME THING OVER AGAIN. OK THE NEXT 3 MONTHS THE PROBLEM CAME BACK THEN THEY CAME OUT AND THE REP SAID THAT THE ENGINE NEEDED TO BE REPLACED SO THEY TOOK THE TV IN FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS AND REPLACED THE ENGINE THEY RETURNED MY TV TO ME AND IT WAS WORST THAN WHAT IT WAS TO BEGAN WITH THIS TIME THE TV WOULD'NT EVEN COME ON. I WAITED ANOTHER 2 WEEKS FOR SOME ONE ELSE TO COME OUT THEY REPLACED THE LAMP ONCE AGAIN. THE TV WORKED FOR MAYBE A MONTH I THEN CALLED THEM TO ASK THEM IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO JUST REPLACE T=MY TV SINCE THEY COULD NOT FIX IT FOR ME NOW REMIND YOU MY TV IS COVERED FOR 3 YEARS PARTS AND LABOR EVERY THIG IS COVERED. NOW I CALLED AND CALLED NO SUPERVISOR WANTED TO TALK TO ME WOULD'NT RETURN MY CALLS OR ANY THING AND I AM STILL HAVIBG THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIS TV THIS IS SO SAD NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH NOTHING LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE. THEY ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL ALL IWANT IS FOR THEM TO REPLACE MY TV. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY THIS TV SINCE I BROUGHT IT AND I PAID TO MUCH FOR MY TV FOR IT TO JUST BE SITTING THERE. SUPERVISORS ARE JUST AS BAD ANS THE SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. POOR POOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Comments

• Do
      17th of Feb, 2009

I second that. I have the same issue with my dryer. I have had 17 technicians out to my house and my dryer still is sitting there. I have had this dryer for nearly a year and half and I have never been able to finish one load of clothes on this dryer. If you ever decide to shop at Conn's please please be aware of the hard work that you have to put in to get your product fixed.

• Sp
      25th of Mar, 2010

The deal I got at Conn's on my 60" HD tv, and living room furniture was actually a source of pride for me. The price was strong, and the quality of everything I bought there was out of sight. However the service experience with Conns has been a nightmare. The lamp went out on my television after 1.5 years, which I expected, but what I didn't expect was that service with Conn's service people is so horrendous. The customer service representative Monica is unapologetic about the amount of time it takes to get parts - she's very matter of fact, almost take it or leave. Kind of like if you don't like it you know where the door is mentallity. She does not try to understand the customers situation, and will not see if there are any possibilities to move you up or speed up the process. It took me 4 days to get a technician out to my home, 2 weeks for the part to arrive and 6 days from that to finally have the tech complete the job. Slow, unapologetic, and overpriced. When I was reading forums on my tv before I bought it, people were saying to expect $200 $250 to replace the lamp every 2 years. My bill was $489 with Conn's. That's a third of the price I bought it for... Unbelieveable - they disgust me.