Conn's Electronics / Calling me and putting me on hold

1 Garland, United States Review updated:

I have repeatedly received calls from Conn's on my cell phone. When I answer the phone, an automated message tells me to please hold while a representative comes to the phone. MY TIME IS PRECIOUS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME, GET A HUMAN ON THE PHONE BEFORE YOU CALL ME!!! Every time that Conn's has tried to contact me(which is about 10 times now) I have waited on the line between 5-10 minutes before hanging up and resuming my schedule, and I have yet to talk to a living, breathing person.

That is just the half of it!! I have NEVER even been to any Conn's locations (and I sure won't give them any of my business now). Conn's is trying to reach some man that has an account with them, and I have tried to tell someone at that business that I am NOT that man, and I don't know who he is. When Conn's calls a cell phone number, they should give the option of someone pushing a number that tells Conn's that said person no longer is in possession of that cell phone number, which automatically removes that number from their DUMB computer system!!!

A perturbed individual!

Je

Comments

• Bo
      1st of Sep, 2008

i agree conns is weird i bought a blender for 4 bucks and it was like buying a car had to sign 3 contracts give them phone number and social then the person followed me to my car to right down my license plates then only after getting the plates did she allow me to hold on to my blender and leave wtf

• Bo
      1st of Sep, 2008

i bet their like some type of scam or id theift store watch out

• Bc
      17th of Sep, 2008

I am a customer of Conn's and have been for over 10 years. I have bought every major appliance I own plus smaller items such as ipods and video cameras from Conn's. When I need anything electrical, I go to Conn's before anywhere else.
    I am extremely shocked and appalled with the way Conn's has been treating me. After YEARS of never missing one payment on my Conn's accounts, I have begun receiving numerous phone calls from an automated system from Conn's reminding me to make my payment. This wouldn't be so bad if it was once, but is numerous phone calls for several days on every phone number which belongs to me, even if I have already made the payment!
    When these phone calls started in August, I called the customer service department to ask why I was suddenly receiving these calls. The representative gave me a stock answer that it was just a simple system set up to remind the customers about payments. He agreed with me when I pointed out my excellent payment history with Conn's and he told me that he'd get the system to stop calling me.
    Imagine my surprise when just TWO days after Hurricane Ike badly affected my area, Conn's automated system called every phone I own again 5-7 times each day again. Do they honestly believe that in the middle of recovering from a hurricane my family needed the added burden of dealing with these relentless automated phone calls?? Again, a one time reminder would have been sufficient, IF they felt the need that you had to it all, which I still cannot comprehend.
    This morning I took the time out of everything else I had to contend with to actually make the payment on my Conn's account just so that Conn's would stop tying up my phones with these relentless reminders. Imagine my disgust, when Conn's called three more times to remind me that my payment is due.
    I have just called the customer service number again ( more of my time wasted with them)only to be told that "that's just the way the system is set up..." I asked him to please only deal with those customers who are delinquent with payments and leave me alone, again suggesting to call just ONE time if they had to. I told him that I had actually MADE the payment this morning and could he please get the calls to stop? He gave me a verbal shrug and just kept repeating that "that's the way it's set up."---I asked him who could fix it and who I could talk to. He then gave me the number of a "corporate office"---713-676-1153---guess what? It's not a working number. Can I now call and harass Conn's several times a day to "remind" them to give customers working numbers? You'd think a company who could come up with a system who could "speak" my name every time it called, could at least have a working phone number for a corporate office.
    I want everyone to know of Conn's insensitive and shameless methods of "getting" y money, especially during this trying time. It's bad enough when families are not recovering from life changing disasters, but to have this happen only two days after my family has suffered losses, is trying to reach family members, and is trying to get life back to normal is absolutely unforgivable.
    I also feel that the system should be "set up" in a much more accommodating manner. It should not call customers who are not delinquent or late with payments and it should not call so many times, for so many days, on so many phone numbers. For heaven's sake, we have NEEDED our phone lines the last three days for more dire purposes. How dare they? I am sorry I ever did business with them and I am even more sorry that I was such a good customer who gave them all my business and who made my payments on time each month, as I've been given no accommodations for that whatsoever. I've only been harassed

• Li
      10th of Nov, 2008

Conns is absolutely horrible. I will not even go into the terrible experience that I have had with them. Just know that their customer service is non existent and astonishing. I also was a previous customer and can not believe how shady their business is. I highly recommend that you do not buy anything from them and you warn everyone you know! You are in for headaches and a serious rip off if you buy from them.

15th of Jan, 2009

Yes I Agree about the phone cause has got out of hand I will met that I have miss some payments over the years, but for good reason you know like everybody else you have house payments, car payments got to feed your kids more important things. Yes you got to pay your bills I understand that, but there's only so much you can do and especially in a bad economy what can you do . First of all if they did not record their messages I would handle in another way, but there is no reason to threaten or harass and be hostile with a customer on the phone I do not take that likely I'm about to do a legal action towards Conns. I'm about to got to the press in every major city in Texas and write of how conns is a rip off company and how they treat their customers. If there's no action taken by this manner. And I also highly recommend that any one do not buy from this company.

• Tj
      21st of Feb, 2009

I will tell everyone looking for electronics to avoid Conn's! I went in and bought a TV. They offered free delivery and said it could be delivered the next day. Great! The next day they tried to deliver a floor models with scratches on the screen and on the sides. It wasn't even in a box. What kind of store does this. I immediately called the store after declining delivery and talked to a manager. He got my phone number and said he would try to find another TV for me. That was 10 am. At 3pm I went in person to the store and they had no idea what was going on. They gave me nothing but excuses and did not try to make it right. It was by far some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will never go there again and urge everyone to stay clear.

• Br
      28th of Feb, 2009

I WENT TO CONN'S ON FEB 20, 2009 AND BOUGHT A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR. THEY DELIVERED IT TO MY RESIDENTS ON THE 23.THEY HAD TO TAKE OFF THE DOORS TO BRING IT THROUGH MY HOUSE. AFTER THEY BROUGHT IT THROUGH MY HOUSE AND PLUGGED IT UP.WE REALIZED THAT THE ICE, WATER WAS NOT BEING DEPENSED.THE DELIVERY MAN HAD CALLED HIS BOSS AND TOLD HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON. THE BOSS TOLD HIM TO TELL ME THAT THEY WOULD SEND SOMEBODY OUT TO FIX IT. THAT IT WAS PROBABLY THE NEW WATER LINE HAD GLUE BLOCKING IT TO COME THROUGH. I HAVE HAD 4 SERVICE MEN OUT TO MY RESIDENTS TO TELL ME AND CONN'S THAT THE REFRIGERATOR CAN'T BE FIXED. THE DELIVERY MAN HAD PULLED OUT A MAIN WIRE THAT TELLS THE BRAIN THAT THE DOOR'S ARE CLOSE AND TO DEPENSE THE ICE, WATER. SINCE THAT DAY I HAVE HEARD OVER AND OVER THAT I WOULD GET ANOTHER REFRIGERATOR. EVERY TIME I HAVE BEEN IN THE STORE TO SEE IF THEY HAD HEARD ANYMORE NEWS THE MANGER TELLS ME NO, AND IS VERY RUDE. I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL EVERY BODY THAT I KNOW NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM CONN'S.I DO BELIVE THAT THEY GOT THERE NAME FROM CONNING PEOPLE OUT OF THERE MONEY.

• St
      13th of Aug, 2009

We bought a tv from Conn's last year with the idea that we were getting 12 months no interest and placing a $400 down payment, which never even went towards the total balance. This tv was 2199.95 and over a year and a half later I realize that we still owe almost $2000 dollars. I started looking through the payment book and realized that only the first 6 months of payments went towards the whole total, then the no interest had stopped. The 7th month almost $300 dollars had been added to the total out of no where. I went to the store to get help and was treated like I had done something wrong and recieved no help from the manager at the store in Round Rock. We left and in the same week we were a little late on our payment, because I had been struggling to keep the payment on time, but I was not going to anymore when Conn's had not stuck behind their side of a contract. I had learned that the contract is to protest them, not their customers. They use it to their advantage and theirs only. Then after that happened they called us last week and my husband made payment arrangements for tomorrow when he got paid, but we were called again today and accused of not making arrangements and asked a ton of questions like what time would we be going into the store the next day to pay. My husband said that he didn't know, but that the payment would be paid. All of a sudden the lady was not on the phone anymore. A man who was her manager grabbed the phone, never stated his name or anything, and said so I hear you are trying to be difficult. My husband was blown away because he had anwsered every question she had asked, and had given her the information she asked for. My husband then told the manager that he did not understand what he was talking about, and the man said well you do not want to cooperate when you are 2 months late. Again we had to correct the man and say no we are one payment late the other is not even due until the 20th of this month. The man started speaking to my husband like you would not believe, then when I asked what he was saying because of the astonished look on my husbands face and the loud noise coming over the phone the man said I am not in the mood to hear her mouth. I am talking to you and I want anwsers and a payment made. I just could not believe it. My husband not being a grown idiot like this man was just hung up the phone. We called the 1800 number that we had been given to try to get some help with the issue by asking for the corporate # the woman on the other end said it was the corporate, but later said that the manager over managers was at the corporate office. When we said we thought we were speaking to the corporate office we did not get a response. I am sad to say that if we had not already paid almost $200 on this tv, that it would be going back because I would not pay another dime to a company who feels that they can treat people that wya. Please if you have read this please do not go there. It was great for the first few months but they will get all that no interest and those offers back on you somehow. A good deal there is more money for them...you just do not know it at the time. Thanks for reading ! :-)