Conn's Appliances Sugarland / Terrible experience

1 Sugar Land, TX, United States Review updated:

I'm am so sick of Conn's, my Lupus has literally come out of remission due to the stress of dealing with this company. Everything was going fine until I made the mistake of going into the local appliance store and purchasing a laptop on February 23, 2008. I initially explained to the salesman that I really wasn't interested in purchasing the laptop today because I only get paid the 1st of every month. The salesman assured me that "oh, no mame, we can keep your due date on the 4th of each month", as it had always been. Taking him at his professional word, I made the purchase with the understanding that my next payment would be on April 4th because the March 4th payment was part of my down payment. I started receiving calls March 8, 2008 stating I was late on my March 23rd payment. This has gone on up until this date. I have made 57 calls to Conn's, speaking with representatives and supervisors. At least 17 of the calls alluded me to think it had been resolved and that I needed to give the computer time to catch up. My last call, I spoke a representative who is housed in the same office as Supervisor Tracey Merchant. I could hear Ms. Merchant speaking in the background telling the representative that if I made one payment, I would be caught up and my due date would change to the 4th with my next payment being, September 4th. Again, I started receiving calls August 27-28, stating my payment was late. I made several attempts to call Ms. Merchant back as I had recorded her previous call and number. On 09/05/23, I spoke with Ms. Merchant, and she said "oh, I looked over your file and noticed you owe us one more payment and I would need that before we can change your due date". I explained to her the last recorded conversation with her representative who is on the call telling me that Ms. Merchant said, everything will be straighten out by tomorrow and your due date thereafter will be September 4th. I even made a payment with her over the phone with a confirmation number to ensure everything flowed. I believe this was a scam the entire time. I hate this company and apparently, I'm not the only one. I can't imagine them having loyal customers continuing to maintain their business with Conn's Appliance over the next several months and years. Their customers will take a significant decline and so will sales. I've always been proactive in whatever I believe, and I plan to stay outside with banners, telling the public about Conn's mission to "Conn" people. I've truly never been so disappointed in a company in a long time. I thought wireless companies were bad but Conn's takes the cake by a mile. I have several friends that have accounts with Conn's. At least six of them have told me they will not renew a contract with Conn's; six is a small number to start but trust me, this is just a start.

Sh

Comments

• El
      30th of Sep, 2008

I SO AGREE WITH YOU. I CURRENTLY AM ADVERTISING HOW FRAUD CONN'S IS ON MY VEHICLE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. I HAVE CONTACTED THE LOCAL PAPER HERE IN BAYTOWN TEXAS AND THEY WILL BE PUBLISHING MY LETTER ON CONN'S APPLIANCES. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A TV REPLACES FOR ALMOST 16 MONTHS NOW. AND I PAID FOR ADDITIONAL WARRANTY. I'M WORKING WITH THE BBB TO TAKE THEM TO COURT. I THINK YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME AND ENCOURAGE ANYONE YOU KNOW TO HELP YOU FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM. THAT'S WHAT I AM WORKING TOWARDS. CONN'S ARE "CONN" ARTIST AND CORPORATE MONSTERS AND SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR WHAT THEY DO WHICH IS PRACTICE UNETHICALLY AND WITH OUT EVEN THE MINIMUM MORALS.