Conn's Appliances - Dallas, TX / TV - Repair Center

1 2021 Town East Blvd #1049Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972-661-5297

I brought a TV in February of 2008 from the store in Mesquite, Texas. When we get it out of the box the power button would not work but we were okay with that since we had a remote control. On April 5, 2008 I put a VCR tape in the TV and it would not reject. I took my store in Euless, Texas and was told I had to leave it. I kept calling the repair center because no one would return my phone call and tell me why no one had started to work on my TV. I was told that the service center only had one tech because the home office cleaned house because the repairmen were not doing their job. Finally on April 19th I received a call from a Lloyd just to tell me that there was water damage and that is why the power button would not work and my warrant would not cover water damage. I explain to Lloyd that the power button did not work from the day I took it out of the box and I clean and have no children in the house so I know that I did not put the water damage there. He could not tell me how long the water damage had been there and was not concern at all. I explain to Lloyd that I had the Euless store check before I left the TV with them and the only thing that was wrong with the TV was the power button and the VCR tape not rejecting and I wanted my TV back. He was only to have the manager, Terry, call me and still I have not heard anything. I have called and had to leave messages with their home office and still I have no return calls or my TV. I will never buy anything from Conn’s and have call the Consumer Fair Trade and everyone else I can think of to help get my TV back so I can take it to a true repair center. Any suggestions

Vi

Comments

• Ot
      29th of Apr, 2008

I called and reported to Conn's service center in December of 2007 that I needed service on my range that I still have warranty on. A Service tech came out, repaired one part and said that he was going to place an order for the other part that was needed to repair the range. I waited for the call, as Conn's always call and set up a date to come and repair the appliance. I have made numerals calls trying to get this range repaired, but to no avail. I called and spoke with a store manager by the name of Chris where I purchased this product and was lead that he would contact the service manager on the next day and call me back at one of the numbers that i provided him with to contact me. I did not get no response fron that either. Therefor I called for the service manager at customer service and a female that said her name was Tonya, pretented to be a manager until I continued asking questions how did this happen and why no respond from their company. She reply that until the part comes in, no one will contact me. So I guess it takes a year and a day to get your appliance repair from Conn's. I am still waiting. In the future, I would advise everyone to be careful about making a purchase from Conn's. My part may never come in since this is the last of April 2008 and I only been waiting since December 2007.

29th of Apr, 2008

We did call the store in Mesquite when we realize the power button was not working and they told us to call the repair service center. They never returned the call, so; yes we just settled using the remote control. We never played the VCR because we only have DVD's. My son brought my granddaughter over on 04-05-08 with a new VCR movie and that was the first time we have ever use the VCR. The TV was a gift and we videoed my daughter during her birthday party and we even have it on tape where is saying the TV would not turn on with the power button then she uses the remote control and it worked. I have told Conn’s they could see the videotape from the birthday party so they would have the proof that the power button did not work but they had no comment. I received a call from Terry on Monday, April 28th stating my TV had been repaired and sent back to the store. When I quoted what Lloyd said about the water damage and wanted him to verify that the TV had been repaired and what they repaired, he said he would call me back. I did receive another call from Terry stating my TV was coming back to the repair center and he would call me back later that afternoon since Lloyd did not have notes concerning what he repaired on my TV, however, as of tonight I have not heard back from Terry. Why would they call and say my TV had been repaired and they have no notes as to what they repaired? The left-hand does not know what the right-hand is doing in that repair service center. There has to be something we can do to get a refund or exchange and keep this from happening to another person.

25th of May, 2008

Filed a complaint with BBB first of May. Finally rec'd e-mail that Conn's will repair my TV and water damage had taken place before I purchased the TV. (Thought I was purchasing a new TV?) Was told I should have my TV back next week. Well, we will see!

15th of Jun, 2008

I had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and finally got my TV back on June 6. They did not put my power button back on the TV so I have a hole in that spot.

Alan Shepard is the big shot at Conn's from what I heard.