Conn's Appliance / Collection harrassment

Liberty, TX, United States Review updated:
9/10/08: Jeff, a Conn's collector called my home & I told him I had made arrangements to mail my furniture payment in on the 15th of September. My payment was late, but I had made arrangements. Jeff insisted that I make a payment over the phone, I told him no, & hungup on him. Jeff called back & my ex-husband answered the phone & told him that he needed to get me back on the phone, I needed to pay my Conn's bill. Then on Friday 9/12/08, getting ready for a hurricane, another call came in, I told this lady, the same thing. Through out the day, different family members answered the phone, it was a recorder stating my Conn's bill was due. This was repeated on 9/13/08, but on this particular day, my grandson answered the phone, a lady told him she was from Conn's & needed to speak with me. He asked the lady do you realize we just went through a hurricane? The smart ### stated" Oh, a hurricane, where?". 0n 9/14/08, I finally got through to customer service, verified my payment aggangements. Within the hour the recorded messages started again, went on until 8:00 pm that night.
I will never buy anything from Conn's again. Their collection people are on the verge of harrassmening people.
Te

Comments

Un
  10th of Oct, 2008
I pay on my account in the beginning week of September. I have received several collection calls from different individual and the voice message machine stating my account is past due. I was concern because my bank statement shows Conn's receiving their payment. My payment never been no more than five days past due, so I was concern if the payment I sent in was posted to some other person account. I called Conn's collection department as instructed and spoke to an young lady, the young lady states my account is up to date and the Conn's Main office was effected by the hurricane so they system is still backed up. I should not received any more collection calls.
After speaking with her I was relieve, except I received a past due statement in the mail and begin receiving collection calls all day and late nights. This is so unprofessional, since I also work in collection, I somewhat understand the important on making sure each accounts are up to status, and I also know it is very important that the Company maintain good customer service, in satifying the customer and help the company profit.
In order for the company to succeed in business, it would be in good interest to ensure all collection department understand the rules of collection. Courteous, organization, and communication.

I chose not to reveal my name
  27th of Apr, 2009
They called me at my job several times regardless of my request to stop. They called me just 7 days past due, insulting me and treating me as if I were 90 days past due. I am writing to the Federal Trade Commision and to the Attorney General.
Co
  6th of Aug, 2009
collection agents and companies are nothing more than bottom feeding useless ### and should be banned out right. Anyone who works for or in collection is nothing more then a useless piece of garbage in my opinion.
Ki
  13th of Aug, 2009
Our conn's account is in my husbands name. yet they called me at a location where I coincidentally was to harass me about payment of our bill. Note: my name is no where on the account. Anyway, I had called a few months ago for a service request on our dryer purchased from Conn's. Not even a year old already would not dry clothes any longer. then the service request was two weeks out. I had to hang clothes to dry or take them to my parents so that clothes would not stink from hang drying all the time.
I guess that is how they got the friend's phone number where they reached me.
I am unemployed and was at their business using their internet to job hunt.
I received a call from a random service rep at Conns and had payment arrangements handled, and Conn's would get their money as soon as I received my unemployment payment the next few days. Then this Greg person got on the phone and proceeded to threaten me with horrible repossession things. and then asked why don't you borrow money from someone so that we can get our payment. Why don't you have just a little bit of money to make this payment? What kind of a person am I. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and the situation was clarified.
Now today 8/13/09 received this now second phone call from again a random rep at conn's. Had the payment set up. and situation seemed to be fine. Then this Greg person got on the phone once again, totally outrageous. asking about a bank account and that he would be running a check through that account. I quickly told him that I would press charges because I am not approve that payment. I am trying to pay on a debit card which is provided through my unemployment. which I can't post date payments on a debit card.
Over all, you wouldn't believe how this Greg person spoke to me. Asking when I call in for unemployment payments, and personal questions about my business. I informed him that the only business that Conn's should be informed about is my account with conn's.
I got another supervisor on the phone who wasn't a whole lot more mannerly then Greg. Thie supervisor was Michal Sasemer. Not sure of the spelling. I have done a little research and these individuals are in the San Antonio office. I'm still pretty upset, so this may not be sensible completely. to put it mildly- Conn's should be repremended somehow. I am just not sure how that is possible.
Thanks.
K
Houston, TX
Ea
  9th of Jan, 2010
I too purchased a product fron Conn's on credit and my wife and I always send our payment a week early, but it seems that Conn's never puts in their system as paid and we begin to receive several phone c alls about our payment not being paid. I once received four calls in one day from Conn's wanting a payment only to get on the phone with them to tell them we paid our bill and have them tell us " Oh here it is, I found it. It just wasn't posted." FOUR TIMES IN ONE DAY!! In the mean time I can just see my credit score going down!! I AM SO FUSTRATED. I am about to pay off the loan and never purchase form Conn's again.

Thanx for letting me vent.
Shane
Louisiana
Ni
  26th of Apr, 2010
they are smart, when they call too early or on the weekends they do not leave messages and they call from an unknown number. i hope they slip up just once, i will take their ### to court in a second.
My
  16th of Sep, 2011
conn's is the worst company i could ever think of dealing with. they harass people and i was one those victims. i got behind on my account because i was hospitalized. conn's i have to pay in person as they do not have online bill pay through them. so after they harassed me for being behind. not caring i just got out the hospital and was ill. i made payment arrangements with them and was told it brought me current. this was in December 2010. not untill mid july 2011 did they finally stop harassing me and fix my account to current. i received calls so many times a day for months. sometimes i didn't answer as i was sick of dealing with them. they were nasty when i did answer. the thing is. i talked to them many times and even a supervisor several times. they kept telling me different reasons why i was so called behind. while in the mean time since i made the arrangements in dec. i had been paying 50.00 a month on my bill that was only 43.00. so while i was paying extra they were still harassing me saying i owe. finally in july they finally brought me current. thing is all that extra i paid went to late fees on an account that was current. so i still have not received credit for that. i will never get another item from them.

Conn's Home Plus Logo Conn's Home Plus