Connect Distribution Services Ltd / Misleading customers!

1 Bordesley Green RoadBirmingham, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 08704422510

I purchased 32 Qualcast lawn rake tines, Order No. OH3892316, for which they advertised and invoiced quantities of 8 in a packet. On receipt of order I found that the packet only had 24 tines as the packets contained only6 tines. I emailed the company on the 08/5/08 informing them of the error with the order. They replied that they were to investigate. I again E.mailed them on the 13/5/08 asking for an update only to receive the same reply.

On 13/8/08 I phoned at my own expense and spoke with the Customer services manager Mr Paul Collymore who agreed their mistake and would action the paper work authorizing the refund which would take 3 days before it showed in my account.

On 18/5/08 I checked my account only to find no refund has been made.

I have e.mailed the company again asking for my money but don't expect a reply.

Comments

• Le
      31st of Oct, 2008

Received email from Mr Lloyd regarding incomplete quantities of lawn rake tines. We responded to this email same day advising Mr Lloyd we will check our system and will be advised be advised
    accordingly.
    After checking the part there was an error with the information stated against the part on the website and the part in fact is a packet of 6 and not a packet of 8. We amended our systems and emailed Mr Lloyd advising of this in which he phoned asking to be refunded the carraige as he believed it was not his fault the website was miss leading, this will agreed to and a refund was requested on 18/05.
    A refund was processed for £4.98 on transaction reference number 006000114778. Mr Lloyd was advised of this by email and telephone on 18/05.

• Cl
      31st of Aug, 2013

You not get anywhere with this company……

I have returned various items to them in the past for credit because they supplied the wrong item and they denied that they ever received them so I lost out

When I rang them to complain I was charged 30p a minute and held on hold for over 20 minuets.

I have friends all in the trade that have lost money

Avoid connect distribution do not buy from them.

A ruthless greedy company.

• En
      30th of Jun, 2014

Almost every order has problems. Since they hold exclusive parts agencies for various manufacturers, we have no option but to use them or scrap the client's product..there's no competitor to go to and they know it. Stock levels are low, they seem to have to order-in alot of parts on an ad-hoc basis. Each back-order incurs a £7.14 charge, so for example 10 small plastic parts from a CD player items out of stock will incur a £71.40 carriage charge! When you ring you get through to a call centre staffed by young people who often have a poor command of english. They record your calls and are always ready to warn you not to question them as they have 'evidence' of what was said. This is a components supplier, not the CIA!! Rude, incompetent and arrogant company.