Conexis / they have stolen $1500 of our money

po box 650466, Dallas, TX 75265, United States Review updated:

If interested in joining a class-action lawsuit please contact [protected]@att.net

They've sent letters for further documentation on some claims paid and then they stopped paying any further claims. I sent and re-sent documentation and finally re-imbursed for one that I got tired of bugging my healthcare provider over. I then had to submit all further claims manually as wasn't able to use the card all this time. I called to follow-up and they said they never received them. I re-faxed them and then they were rejected as duplicate claims. Other rejection letters (received 4 in one day) said they needed the patient's name, day of service, etc. DUH ! I gave them the EOB's/bills/receipts. Of course they had this info. The only thing some may not have had is the diagnostic code but their plan informatino does not state this is needed, the federal government does not state this is needed, and one healthcare provider told me that it is not standard to submit those with FSA's as they're not an insurance company --- it's a government tax-break program. I wouldn't mind submitting those but I'm not going to go and bug these same healthcare providers a 3rd time and I'm certain that it's just another part of their game. I could not get any explanations over the phone.

They have $1500 of our money and have a dozen medical EOB's that we've paid out of our pockets. They stole $1500 from us as far as I can see.

Comments

• Ji
      19th of Mar, 2010

3/19/2010:

SUMMARY CONCLUSION: I would say that if you work for the UC, then you better START CALLING YOUR CAMPUS BENEFITS OFFICE TO COMPLAIN as it sure smells like they are having cash flow problems from what I've experienced and they are holding a lot of our money which we may never see again.

I am having similar concerns as the COMMENT POSTED ABOVE about CONEXIS who administers the University of California FSA employee accounts. It almost seems like they are having CASH FLOW PROBLEMS which is scary given that they get the payroll deductions automatically and up-front. I hope they are not going bankrupt. :-{

MY EXPERIENCES: Most recently, I have submitted four claims to them for reimbursement going back over 30 days now for the 2009 year and the current, 2010, year. According to CONEXIS, two claims I submitted last February (2010), via mail, in two separate USPS mailings on different days; well, they say they have NO RECORD of them when I followed-up with them. Obviously I don't have "proof" that I mailed them. So I FAXed them a letter with my distress and copies of the claims I had previously USPS mailed them. It has been a couple weeks now since they received my FAX, yet they have NOT been processed/paid/rejected/acknowledged in anyway. Even more curious is that they requested documentation for some of my 2010 benefit card charges (VISA), which I FAXed to them in early March, and they were accepted within 3 days. It is curious to note than when documentation is sent to substantiate charges they have already paid via VISA, those get processed in a reasonable time, and maybe because they do not have to send you new money. However, for the claims reimbursement requests that would require them to physically send money directly to the customer, those now take weeks/months to process assuming they don't somehow disappear from their radar. This may be an action of convenience on their part. I can't help but wonder. I have about $750 in 2009 claims pending. If they can hold me off until 4/15/2010, then by law they can keep my money.

A couple of other 2010 reimbursement claims I mailed about 10 days apart have not been processed either. One dates back to March 1st of 2010 (~20 days ago). I'm suspecting they may be in the process of losing those claims, too. Yikes! The last reimbursement I got from them was 2/22/2010 for 2009 charges I incurred and submitted a claim to them on 2/2/2010. 20 days, but it got processed eventually. The last four claims I've submitted however, NOTHING! I've started keeping a confirmation report of the FAXes I've resorted to in the last week or so to give my complaint more credence than mailing documents to them via USPS. I think I'm going to contact my local campus benefits office to see if they have any insights into what CONEXIS might be up to and call them on it.

Regarding your complaint about blocking your benefit card, this same thing happened to me. Once they send you a request for documentation notice, they are very quick to block your card just a few weeks later if you don't immediately respond. Last year I tried to use my card for a co-pay and the charge was denied. When I called CONEXIS then and there to inquire as to why, the gentleman told me it was because of a 'request for documentation' notice several weeks prior. However, I was adamant that I had sent in what they requested and he was able to access and check something in their database tied to my account which showed the documentation I had sent them (apparently they scan everything into an image database). He acknowledged that the documentation was received, but for some reason "it never was processed" He could not explain why YIKES! I asked him to take the hold of my card so I could use it to pay my co-pay, but he said "I'm not authorized to do that" and he would need to send this other department a request. I asked him for him to call me when it was fixed, but he said he wasn't allowed to make "outgoing calls". Yikes again. CONEXIS messes up but there is no phone call telling you when it gets fixed, NO apology, NOTHING. About 2 days letter, I checked my account online and they had processed the documents they had and reinstated my card 'privileges'.
    Given all this, I would say that if you work for the UC, then you better START CALLING YOUR CAMPUS BENEFITS OFFICE TO COMPLAIN as it sure smells like they are having cash flow problems from what I've experienced and they are holding a lot of our money which we may never see again. Sad, but maybe true.

I just hope I have sufficient time, before 4/15/2010, to get their attention which I think I know how to do.
    I'll let readers know here what the outcome is.

• Mi
      27th of May, 2010

For help call Conexis V.P. Dee Dee at 214-596-7791 She figured out my 'problem' in one day. Do NOT waste your time with the customer service numbers.

• Uc
      5th of Oct, 2010

PLEASE HELP!!!

I just got a letter from CONEXIS stating that because I did not replied by April 15, 2010 for their request to explain card transaction (several thousand dollars for LASIK) I have either to send them a check to repay this or it will be reported on this year income!!!

This is insane, because in Jan'2010 CONEXIS requested this documents by sending me an e-mail "(This e-mail contains a link to important information regarding your benefits. ") asking me to log-in and read the message. I completely do not remember any statement that in that on-line message that CONEXIS is actually asking me for any documentation.

Actually before and after the LASIK surgary CONEXIS representative told me several times that I do not have to submit anything because the transaction (using credit card issued by CONEXIS) was already accepted.

I feel that It was well done scam, as I have no idea until today that CONEXIS requested anything and there is a problem with my payment for LASIK surgery.

WHAT can I do???

20th of Dec, 2010

Conexis is a shady business. UC should have their records audited. They've tried everything to get me to write them checks or hold my money. When I call customer service, it is hopeles, so I started sending proof of ebrything to my benefit manager (UC systems) and she forwards to their account manager and gets the problem resolved. I will NEVER participate in a plan with CONEXIS again. it is not worth the headaches, the harassing letters, the stress thay they cause me telling me that I something wrong when I happen to keep all my paperwork. They even broke down a charge by a pharmacy in 2 amounts out of the total I spent in one day so that the prescription proof would not match. Awful business practices.

• Xi
      6th of Jan, 2011

I could not get reimbursed for $5000 because I filed the claim late. I called UCSD benefits, but was told that nothing they could do. They would keep the $ to cover operation cost.
    Who pays them? Come on this is my $. Whatever happened, give it back to me!